Did I make a mistake?

Totally Addicted

Hi!

Booked a stateroom on the Sun Princess, Riviera Deck, totally forward, Sept. 29, are we in for tooooo much rockin'?? I don't want to make a big mistake. Want to love every minute of it! We haven't been sick on any of the cruise ships, but don't want to either!! Anyone have any experience up there? Or know anyone that has? Or have an opinion??

Thanks!!

Barbara :D

IF, and notice the IF word in there, the seas do get rough, you will feel a bit more movement up front. But since you are sailing during hurricane season, in September, if you do hit rough seas, it will probably be rough no matter where your cabin is located.

Crossing my fingers that you have calm seas! ;)

I just checked the deck plan and found that we were furthur forward in D212 in Alaska than you will be on the Riviera deck. We didn't have much rough seas so cannot comment too much in that respect but we didn't have a problem whatsoever in the cabin we had. Any rocking would lull us to sleep, I would not be worried at all booking a cabin in the front of this ship or similar size ship for future cruises.

Enjoy your trip. :)

Kim

Hi!

Thanks you guys for the posts!! Kimba_99 thank you so much for the "above and beyond"!!! I feel much better now and am confident that we made the right choice!!! I thought it would be good to be up on the pool deck and right below the Horizon Court!! :D

Thanks again!!

Barbara

We were just on the Dawn and had R348, it was so convenient to the pool, the buffet was 1 flight up and the Riviera bar was right there too. We rocked and rolled on our last sea day and it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be considering how high up and fairly forward we were!

Hi dimondzr4me!

Thanks! That is why we booked that cabin. It is so convenient to everything that's important!! :D We just got off the Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago, our 3rd sailing on her and as big a ship as she is we were always rockin' that last night too! Coming across the Florida straits is always a bit rough. Where did you cruise on the Dawn?

Has anyone noticed that most of the most expensive cabins are forward and high on a ship?

Yes, there might be more movement, but it's not like the rest of the ship sits there and the front moves up and down by itself. They are all connected with steel beams.

We were on the Riviera Deck on the Sun. We got "upgraded" to that deck from the Caribe deck, and we were not very happy about it before the cruise. We LOVED that cabin!! We loved being on that deck. We're not even pool people and we loved it. It was quiet, believe it or not, and very convenient. I DO get seasick, but use the patch. It never seemed to be very bumpy, but, of course, every cruise is different.

I bet you'll be crazy about the location................we'd book it again in a heartbeat! I don't know yet where our open booking will send us, but if it's to a Sun class ship, we will definitely book the Riviera Deck.

Have fun!

We're on that cruise and booked R335!! Last year when we were on the Diamond we had a Lido deck cabin and found it so convenient. Plus the balcony was alot more private. On the sun, all the balconies are pretty private so we went after the convenience. Never gave the ships movement a second thought. Hope to bump into you.

I was on the Grand Princess last year on Dolphin Deck D106 all the way forward and while there was some noticable difference it wasn't enough to make that much of a difference. It does make for a long walk when you want to go to the rear of the ship, however anything forward is a short walk :)

We were in the furthest cabin forward on the Aloha deck on the Sun Princess for a 10 night Caribbean cruise, and never felt any pitching at all. I can't really say if the sea was rough or not on that cruise, because we just never noticed anything. Very forward on an upper deck is a quiet place to be...not much passenger traffic at all. We liked it!

One more Riviera fan... i have sailed the Sun four times, three in forward Riviera cabins, once smack dab midships Aloha... with comparable seas on all four, the ONLY time we were at all queasy was in the midships' cabin.

I always book forward and upper deck cabins, love being near the pools and Horizon Court. You'll love it, these are the cabins that sell out first...

Archived