Looking for Flights :)

Sooo, our cruise isnt until December (I know, nine months) and it might be a bit early to be booking our flights and worrying but does it make a difference how soon you book plane tickets or should I not worry? Also Im finding awesome times for getting to the port but then departing flights arent working.. Will they change times?!

If you come over to the Cruise Air board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

You will see this question discussed almost daily, and recedive the benefits of some serious travelers expertise.

Summary answer- 9 months isn't too early. You book when you are comfortable with the prices. If you are traveling across the holidays, I would be booking now, as the prices will go up.

Times can always be changed. How much they change is always a guess. Book safe times, so minor changes don't cause a panic.

We are also sailing in December (around the holidays). I booked our airfare the week the dates were released. Went to visit my folks in FLA last year at Christmas, did not book early, waiting to see if flights would go down--BAD move. Ended up paying way more. With the price of gas expected to continue to rise, I cannot imagine prices going down too much and potentially going much higher. WHen you find a deal with the prices you are ok with, and times that work for you-jump on it! Some airlines (SW for sure) will let you change if prices go down and get a credit for future travel.

I also booked flights for DEC18 and Jan3 when they first came out. Got a direct flight in both directions and times I can live with. I too fly in a day early.

If your return flight times are not working, have you thought about staying a extra day after your curise?

It is never to early to book your flights.

In fact I booked our flights for a cruise in 2013.

We have very few flights out of our airport and nothing direct to anywhere -- so we need to book as soon as possible or we won't get a flight.

We fly in a couple of days early -- just in case there may be flights problems.

As for flight time changes -- lately we have been getting flight schedule change notices from Delta about once a month for our June Alaskan cruise. With US Airways they never send us an e-mail -- I have to constantly check them myself.

Archived