The "MUST" pack on a cruise

I have never had a balcony, but will have one this time. How come the door is so hard to stay open? Where do you buy this bungee chord?

We actually use a large door stop. We wedge it in behind the door when it is open. Works like a charm and no bungee to get in your way!!

Does it have to be pretty THICK? there is a big step down, if i remember correctly? (been awhile since my last cruise)

We actually use a large door stop. We wedge it in behind the door when it is open. Works like a charm and no bungee to get in your way!!

Does it have to be pretty THICK? there is a big step down, if i remember correctly? (been awhile since my last cruise)

Oh goodness. Disregard my post I thought I was on the change one letter thread.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Edited by TriciaEMTB

We don't use it on the floor. We wedge it in where the door attaches. When you open a door, look at where it hinges. When it is open you can put a door stop in there to keep it open.

The dispenser that we have had has 2 sides, one is shampoo, the other is "liquid soap". I'm not sure it has conditioner in it? Maybe I am mistaken...

Methinks Jake is conditioning his pair with body wash :D

Hand roll up type"space saver bags"

Great for packing dirty laundry and damp swimwear the night before debark without it tainting your good cloths in the luggage.

Ease of packing more stuff than you can fit/need if you have to catch a flight to cruise,once air is fully expelled from bags cloths cannot wrinkle or crease and they save heaps of room.

Den

You may want to check out this thread as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1414429&page=1

But here is my list:

Other than the usual things to pack, i.e..clothes, shoes, toiletries... Here is a list I've compiled to pack and other pertinent things to do.

• Passport & ID

• Cruise documents and boarding pass

• Cash and Credit Card (very minimum is $100 per person per day)

• Health insurance card/prescription card

• Over the door shoe organizer (for toiletries, shoes, other stuff. The room has limited counter space)

• Gum, candy, snacks, etc (very expensive on the ship and at ports)

• Medicine (Tylenol, ginger pills for sea-sickness, stomach meds)

• Power strip (only 1 plug in the room)

• Small bottle Lysol or travel pack of Lysol/Clorox wipes (used to wipe/disinfect room/bathroom)

• Air freshener ( I use the trees that go in the car)

• Sun Screen

• Bottled water, soda, and 1 bottle of wine per person

• A small empty duffle bag to pack souvenirs and other stuff that was purchased

• A blank gift card or any blank card with magnetic strip. (used for the safe in the room)

• Hand sanitizer

• Sunglasses

• One dollar bills for extra tips (porters, room service, taxi drivers, etc)

• Chargers (cell phone, iPod, camera’s)

• Powdered drink packs (instant coffee, crystal light, etc)

• Wine opener if you bring the allowable 1 bottle of wine

• Locks for your suitcase(s)

• Call your credit card company to let them know you are traveling out of the country so they don’t deny charges

• Stop the mail and/or newspaper at your house (holdmail.usps.com)

• Call your cell phone provider and have them add international to make calls Internationally. Tell them you are going on a cruise.

• Carnivals Emergency phone number to give to others to call you on the ship. 1-877-225-7447.

Whatever you do, PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE we made on our 1st Cruise a few yrs ago. It was SO embarrassing that people were taking pictures of our luggage like we were the Clampetts. I remember hearing one lady saying, "My parents aren't gonna believe this"!

IMG_0317.jpg

Edited by arthierry

Were they taking pictures because you had a lot or am I missing something?

Ummm, yea! I guess you didn't read the last line. In other words, DO NOT OVERPACK!

Edited by arthierry

I packed a can of Lysol spray in my checked luggage a few years back and it was removed by the airline.:(

Hmmm, wow; interesting. I ALWAYS pack this and never had it confiscated. Which size did you pack? I never get the half can size. I always get the little small size; looks about double/triple the size of a lipstick case. I find it on the travel/trial size aisle at Walmart.