Dinners and Shows

dksuri

at 45 days out, we were able to book them....your counter says 46 days so probably tomorrow...

be prepared to pay at the time of reserving....if applicable....

Marsha

Thank You!

Also we have to pay in advice? I didn't have to pay in advance for our excursions, but thats ok I don't mind getting this out of the way.

Thanks

DK

Wait

I know you must pay for excursions in advance but I never heard of paying for restaurants or shows in advance. Is this really true? If so, that makes no sense to pre-pay a restaurant that you may change or cancel.

I would be shocked if this is true. And if it is, NCL must really be in dire financial shape to make customers pay for food they never ate yet.

Wait

I know you must pay for excursions in advance but I never heard of paying for restaurants or shows in advance. Is this really true? If so, that makes no sense to pre-pay a restaurant that you may change or cancel.

I would be shocked if this is true. And if it is, NCL must really be in dire financial shape to make customers pay for food they never ate yet.

Well I didn't have to pay for excursions in advance and we have about $1000 in excursions that we are doing with NCL, so I guess I will wait and see about the restaurants and shows tomorrow.

DK

Yep it's true and has been for a while now. It has nothing to do with being in financial straights. It's to keep folks from booking up a lot of slots "just in case" and then canceling later. Same general reason for changing how we pay for excursions. I've been told and read on some of the other sites, that some of the other cruise lines have been doing this for a while. We can never book our meals in advance, don't know what we want to do, so, we wait and book when we decide. Always get in.

Well I didn't have to pay for excursions in advance and we have about $1000 in excursions that we are doing with NCL, so I guess I will wait and see about the restaurants and shows tomorrow.

DK

If you booked your excursions when you booked your cruise last year, you probably got in before the change. All excursions now must be paid when you book them.

I personally like booking/paying in advance - one more thing paid for so I don't have a big balance to pay off after the trip. After a cruise, I want my money going towards my NEXT cruise, not the one I just went on :)

I knew about excursions but the restaurant part is news to me.

I never book restaurants in advance anyway. That defeats the whole freestyle concept. How do you know when you will be hungry 45 days in advance? And with all the dining options, how will you know what you are hungry for?

If you want to hold customers to their reservations, make a penalty for not showing up. I think paying for a meal 45 days in advance is a little extreme.

Just my 2 cents

We're sailing on the Epic on May 6, I booked the Cirque dinner show and I didn't have to pay anything.....

I agree I don't know what I'm going to want to eat 45 days out. And furthermore while it may not be much money I'm totally against the cruiseline having any more of my money than need be just to line their pocket. I can only imagine the interest they are making on all the new pay in advance scenerio's they've put together.

Also the shows are not always at the same time and there may be one night that there is only one show, there is just too many reasons not to do it 45 days out

They also have a fee for no shows and they also have a cancellation policy but don't know the details.

We're sailing on the Epic on May 6, I booked the Cirque dinner show and I didn't have to pay anything.....

I'm pretty sure this only affects US market. Other do not have to pay in advance.

DK

You're safe since you live in Canada. This only affects USA.

I strongly suggest you just wait until you are aboard. It is not near as crowded as imagined.

Totally agree. The only restaurant that I would consider pre-booking is Teppanyaki because of its limited seating capacity.

Totally agree. The only restaurant that I would consider pre-booking is Teppanyaki because of its limited seating capacity.

Well I was looking to book the shows more, like blue man and the cirque dreams, but I am now 45 days out and it still won't let me book them. I guess I will wait and see.

If you booked your excursions when you booked your cruise last year, you probably got in before the change. All excursions now must be paid when you book them.

I just booked my excursions 3 weeks ago.

Well I was looking to book the shows more, like blue man and the cirque dreams, but I am now 45 days out and it still won't let me book them. I guess I will wait and see.

According to your ticker you won't be within 45 days until tomorrow, I'd try booking again then.

According to your ticker you won't be within 45 days until tomorrow, I'd try booking again then.

Now according to NCL I have 44 days, however I still ant book any shows or restaurants. Should I call NCL??

Archived