Roll Call Celebrity Summit 27 May

Kiwifruit

D&D,

So glad you arrived home safe....I can just imagine how tired you both are.

I had heard your whole cruise was cancelled, so happy to hear it was only one day. However, doesn't sound like they handled it well.

Rest up and I look forward to hearing all about it when you are rested.

Best to you both,

Howard.

Hi Howard,

Fortunately our cruise was just shortened by a day (the cruise following was cancelled in its entirety) and whilst it was disappointing to miss out on Ketchikan we made full use of our extra day in Vancouver and had a great time there. We only found out about the shortened cruise while in Anchorage the evening before the cruise but for many passengers the first they knew of the change was upon boarding. Luckily we were able to easily extend our existing hotel reservation to include the extra night in Vancouver so we were pretty relaxed about things although if you are following the other thread relating to this issue I can fully appreciate why so many people are upset as, at management level, Celebrity certainly needs to brush up on their "people skills".

On a more positive note we absolutely loved the cruise. The staff and level of service were outstanding, as was the standard of entertainment on board. The boat was beautiful, very clean and great facilities. We managed to a fair bit of cycling and hiking and it was great to come back to the ship in the afternoon and hit the spa before dinner. I haven't been to gym yet to find out how much weight I gained during the cruise but must admit I was pathetically weak when it came to showing restraint in the dinning room. The food was very good considering the number of passengers they had to cater for and the Normandie was fabulous (we ate there twice with Michael aka "Germancruiser").

On the third night they held the only FOD gathering of the cruise but there was just the three of us and three lesbians but I am sure there were other family members I spotted on board. I'm not sure why the FOD gathering was not better attended, perhaps the term "Friends of Dorothy" is just not recognised by all. It was great to meet Michael, he was a lot of fun. We saw quite a lot of each other and we are sure to stay in touch ... one of the great things about cruising is the really nice people you meet.

Well I better go now as we are off to retrieve our dog from Dougal's sister who has been looking after him while we were away. We already have next years Celebrity brochure so we can plan our next cruise ... who knows maybe we will cross paths with you both one day. Thanks again for all your helpful advice before the cruise (particularly your advice on tipping which we put to good use) it was really appreciated. I will write again in a bit more detail once I have had sufficient sleep to compose my thoughts.

I trust you have not found it too hard to settle back to life post the cruise?

Regards,

David & Dougal

D&D,

Glad to hear you rested up.

I'm real curious what Celebrity did for you to make up for the one day lost on your cruise.

We are looking at our next adventure. You may want to check this one out.

Island Princess which is as big as Summit but a little newer.

Los Angeles to Hawaii round trip...14 days..leaving December 7th. The prices are much lower than that of Celebrity's Summit which is doing the same itinerary.

We have never sailed on Princess and want to give it a try. We have been to Hawaii many times but never by ship, so this interests us. Check it out and let me know what you think about this one.

Best,

Howard.

Hi David and Dougal,

glad to read you are safe home, as I am. We had a really great time during our cruise and in Vancouver afterwards. I wrote an email to the adress you gave me, I hope you got it. Should be nice to stay in touch!

Greetings

Michael

Archived