Transfers available from X at the end?

kymbakitty

I have looked a few places where this information might be available, but cannot locate anything relevant.

We NEVER fly home the same day we end our cruise. We have found that the last day on the ship is really only enjoyed if we don't have to hussle and bussle and meet in huge groups and wait in large lines to get off the ship. No flights to catch, no early groups to meet.

This works for us.

Having said that, Princess has always offered transfers from the port to the airport/hotels, and you could always purchase these once onboard.

We would like to do that on Celebrity. Do they offer transfers on the ship (if you haven't already prearranged a postcruise package)?

Thanks!

Dawn

Yes they do

If you were to guess, when is the last "group" of folks to leave a cruise ship? We typically stay on our balcony on a Princess cruise ship until 9:30 or so....we always let them come in and do whatever they need/want and stay completely out of their way, but they seldom ever come in...we've always been told that there are so many cabins that they have plenty to do and will get to ours when they can...but assure us that we are never in the way. We just sit and chill on the balcony....wait for the "craziness" to end.

:)

We too want to stay "on board" for as long as possible. Our flight home isn't until mid afternoon. Would much rather sit on our balcony than at the airport. In fact, our first cruise 6 years ago I think they were ready to throw us overboard because we really really really didn't want to get off the ship! Definitely got addicted to cruising:p

If you were to guess, when is the last "group" of folks to leave a cruise ship? We typically stay on our balcony on a Princess cruise ship until 9:30 or so....we always let them come in and do whatever they need/want and stay completely out of their way, but they seldom ever come in...we've always been told that there are so many cabins that they have plenty to do and will get to ours when they can...but assure us that we are never in the way. We just sit and chill on the balcony....wait for the "craziness" to end.

:)

Celebrity will not allow you to stay in the room, they request you vacate the room, I believe at 8:00A.M. They do have transfers to the airport but not the hotels unless you booked a package through them.

I did not see any mention of what port you will be in. That could make a difference. You talked about getting transfers to the ship, but I think you are talking about transfers after the cruise. And I think you are staying in a local hotel??

Yes, I am confused.

But, I will say using ship provided transfers is often not only more expensive, but a pain in the .... You have to hurry and get somewhere, only to then wait until Aunt Milly gets there, etc. Why not just take a cab?

As to what time you get off. They do have to unload a ton of passengers, their luggage, and then clean the rooms for the new group standing on the pier waiting to get onboard.

I did not see any mention of what port you will be in. That could make a difference. You talked about getting transfers to the ship, but I think you are talking about transfers after the cruise. And I think you are staying in a local hotel??

Yes, I am confused.

But, I will say using ship provided transfers is often not only more expensive, but a pain in the .... You have to hurry and get somewhere, only to then wait until Aunt Milly gets there, etc. Why not just take a cab?

As to what time you get off. They do have to unload a ton of passengers, their luggage, and then clean the rooms for the new group standing on the pier waiting to get onboard.

Sorry about that...yes, I can see how confusing it could have been!

Anyway, Barcelona....and yes, we'll just get a taxi to the hotel. We are actually stay two additional nights so we'll just get a taxi.

Thanks!!!

Dawn

Ah, Barcelona. We have done that both ways. Cab to the Ramblas area is 10-15 minutes. Forget what the charge was, but no biggie.

Hint - write down the name of the hotel and address for the cabbie. Many do not speak English.

Ah, Barcelona. We have done that both ways. Cab to the Ramblas area is 10-15 minutes. Forget what the charge was, but no biggie.

Hint - write down the name of the hotel and address for the cabbie. Many do not speak English.

I emailed hotel's concierge today and they actually replied today! They have shuttle from pier to hotel for 5 euros each.

I'd say that is a pretty good price!

:-)

OP,

Under normal circumstances you will be asked to vacate your cabin by 8:30. You can remain onboard until final disembarkation is called. You can enjoy breakfast, sit by the pool or enjoy the public areas of the ship.

Do let your hotel know that you will be arriving early. Most have a luggage storage facility and you may need it if your room is not ready.

Do have euros for the cab. Don't expect the cabbies to be very helpful with the luggage. Most of the tourist hotels are not far from the port and 5 euros (per person) to your hotel seems very fair.

Enjoy your cruise and have a wonderful time in Barcelona.

FYI, most cruise line transfers that I am aware of herd their passengers off the ship fairly early only to sit on the busses until they are fully loaded. A cab or pre-arranged service is almost always the best choice.

Archived