YTD ??? again

TikkiTembo

Ok. We are still kicking around the idea of YTD versus Traditional dining. We usually do the late seating and have had decent table mates. We are a party of four (me, DH and 2 DDs) and sailing on the Pride next year. We tend to eat late so we would probably arrive between 8p and 9p. So my questions are as follows.

1. Does the area that seats YTD have window views so we can still see the water or are you somewhere in the center of the room?

2. If the waiters are performing their little routines, are you in an area that can see the show?

3. Will we be at a table by ourselves or will they seat the four of us at a larger table?

4. I’m assuming that since we will be arrive so late that our wait time will be very short, is that a correct assumption?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Ok. We are still kicking around the idea of YTD versus Traditional dining. We usually do the late seating and have had decent table mates. We are a party of four (me, DH and 2 DDs) and sailing on the Pride next year. We tend to eat late so we would probably arrive between 8p and 9p. So my questions are as follows.

1. Does the area that seats YTD have window views so we can still see the water or are you somewhere in the center of the room?

2. If the waiters are performing their little routines, are you in an area that can see the show?

3. Will we be at a table by ourselves or will they seat the four of us at a larger table?

4. I’m assuming that since we will be arrive so late that our wait time will be very short, is that a correct assumption?

We just did anytime dining on Triumph last week. Yes, there are windows. I had to leave halfway through dinner the last night, because I was seated facing one of the windows, and after a VERY rough sea day, I couldn't take watching the horizon dip and rise anymore!! We were in Paris dining room on deck 3. This is where all anytime dining is located. Assigned times were in Paris on deck 4. We did have a wait most nights, no matter what the time. They gave us a buzzer, like at Chili's. There was 5 of us, so we had to sit at a booth with a chair at the end. We didn't care for it, so we will be back to late seating from now on. We did see smaller groups seated with other groups, so you will have to sit with strangers. Yes, the waiters sing and dance, and you can see it all.

If you are arriving between 8p-9p, it is going to be dark more than likely, so you window will have a view of darkness.

I will be doing YTD on the Pride for the 5th time in Sept. We've been doing this almost since the option was 1st offered. All YTD is on 2nd level of the dining room. 2nd fl. is shared by reg and YTD. Reg. time diners line up on the right and YTDs go to the left. Other than 1st time using YTD we've never had more than 1 or 2 groups ahead of us. Usually walk right up to podium. We have always been asked if we wanted to sit alone or at a larger table with others. Where you sit can vary. We've had booths, table for two or if we decide to eat at a lg. table with others we've been seated on occasion at the windows. We usually eat late too, so not a big deal being at windows - pretty dark out. Most of the time we were seated right away, a few times we had a 10 min. wait and once when YTD first started we had a 25 min wait. No big deal -we were on vacation. I love YTD because we can have a table to ourselves or with others- our choice. As for " shows", it depends on time you choose to eat. We've been there for show one night but next we had started eating 1/2 hr before reg. late time diners so we were done and leaving before it started. We're not a big fans of the shows so for us it's not a big deal. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

On most ships regardless of class almost all tables next to the windows are at least 6 tops. On the larger ships they are usually 8 tops. So if having a view is important to you (if it's not dark outside), then you may have to agree to be seated with others.

If YTD is on the upper level of the DR, the dancing is done on the lower level and usually happens right before the desert course is served. If you have a table or booth by the railing you should have a view, but you're also going to have a lot of people who don't have a view standing around your table looking over to see the show.

I also prefer YTD. We've used it on 3 of our 4 cruises.

1. We've been near windows and not near windows. It all just depends where you want to be seated. You can certainly request a window seat, but may need to wait for a table to open up, just like any other restaurant.

2. Yes, you can see the shows. Most of the waiters participate, even yours.

3. When we went with friends (4 of us in total), we were seated at our own table. When it's just the 2 of us, we're seated at a 2 person table. However, the tables were so close together that it was almost like sitting with others.

4. We've only ever experienced a wait one time in the 3 cruises we've used it(though we always request the same wait staff) and the wait was only about 15 minutes.

On most ships regardless of class almost all tables next to the windows are at least 6 tops. On the larger ships they are usually 8 tops. So if having a view is important to you (if it's not dark outside), then you may have to agree to be seated with others.

If YTD is on the upper level of the DR, the dancing is done on the lower level and usually happens right before the desert course is served. If you have a table or booth by the railing you should have a view, but you're also going to have a lot of people who don't have a view standing around your table looking over to see the show.

I always do YTD on the Pride and we have dancers right near us. They've even grabbed my DGrD's hand and got her up and dancing with them. There are staff members dancing all over both floors.

If the waiters are doing their embarrassing dance you will be able to see them.

The choice of whether to sit alone or with others is entirely yours. if you want to join others they will try to arrange it, if not they will not force you to join others.

Wait time is usually worst between 6:46 and 8:00 anything before or after that you should have a minimal wait.

On the Legend YTD was on one side and there were window seats (some 2 and some 4 tops - not sure that I saw many larger tables at all in our section - maybe a couple at one end).

The waiters' dance took place in a location where everyone could see - our waitress took my DS (9) every night to dance (we requested the same waitstaff).

We were a party of 4 and were always seated at our own table.

We were opposite to you timewise, arrived every night around 6 pm and only had to wait the first night (for about 10 mins).

We've done YTD on the last two cruises; the Glory and the Victory. We are a group of four and always sat together without any problems; got the same waitstaff and never had to wait for a table. We like YTD because it seems we always end up eating 7ish in between the early dining times and late dining times. The service was good and we got to enjoy some of the dancing and shows performed by the waitstaff. We will be doing YTD on Magic too. I like the flexibility of going to dinner when you want. Good luck on your YTD dining; hope it works out well for you too! :D

We have done ytd since it was started and never had a problem. On our last cruise on the Miracle there was always a line. The first night we were able to walk right in but after that we always had to wait in line even going early.

Going on Inspiration (Fantasy Class) for first time in May to the Mexican Riviera, signed up for YTD and read that entertainment is just once per dinner at 7pm in YTD.

Anyone have that experience? We would like to see the entertainment if possible. Thanks.

Well, I emailed my TA today and told her to change me to YTD.

Just so you don't get your hopes up too high Platinum has first choice of dining and YTD is limited to how many sign up so it can be sold out and you are waitlisted. How soon are you sailing?

PS we are not platinum but we got it both times.

Just so you don't get your hopes up too high Platinum has first choice of dining and YTD is limited to how many sign up so it can be sold out and you are waitlisted. How soon are you sailing?

PS we are not platinum but we got it both times.

I still have over year before I travel so I should be good, right? Do you know how hard it is to look at that red box with a number so high; I'll be happy when my numbers dip below 300.

Depends on the ship. Check my review in my signature on page 2 are pics. On the Liberty I requested and got a table by a window.

Depends on the ship. Check my review in my signature on page 2 are pics. On the Liberty I requested and got a table by a window.

Nice shot. It was helpful to see how close together the tables really are. (I heard that they were close but wow!) I think I take that advice and request a window table.

I always do YTD on the Pride and we have dancers right near us. They've even grabbed my DGrD's hand and got her up and dancing with them. There are staff members dancing all over both floors.

I guess the only time I've done YTD and it was upstairs was on the Triumph last fall and they didn't have any entertainment upstairs at least during the time that I was dining and could hear the music from downstairs.

Archived