Carnival Pride Review with pics - 3/25/12 sailing!

CruiserJul

Debarkation Day

The Pride docks late - 9:30 so I was up at 7:30, packed and then got breakfast on Lido - a busy place that morning. We stayed in our cabin until the room steward kicked us out about 10 and then went to Deck 2 and waited for our deck number to be called. We got off the ship at 10:45 and after stopping a couple of times for lunch, etc. we were home by 6.

All in all it was a great cruise. Too bad the unseasonably warm weather was gone by the time our cruise began - but we didn't get any rain or snow so it's all good! I thought the crew was friendly and the food was really good. The serenity area was usually pretty crowded - we spent some time in the hot tub one day, but that was it. It does have a bar so that was nice. We kept pretty busy with the ship activities. We didn't even have time to play cards in the card room like I wanted to do.

I hope I didn't leave anything out - but feel free to ask questions!

Just thought of a question for you. Did you guys do the Steakhouse? We were wondering which night would be best for that....I know we don't want to miss the cruise elegant nights in the MDR though. Also which dinner time did y'all do, or did you go with Your Time dining? Since it'll just be me and dh we're not sure which option we want to go with...

We did the steakhouse two times on our Pride cruise. I think our meals there did coincide with elegant night...but not on purpose, and it was not crowded at all. It was really nice but I think I liked the MDR just as well. The benefit of the steakhouse is that the tables are nice and big and not stacked on top of each other like the MDR seems to be. But, make it worth your $30 and come hungry!

I do not see a "Chopsticks" on the Pride deck plan? Can you tell me what and where it is? Is it listed as another name?

Do you see "Asian Corner"? That's where it is. There was always a soup, Rice noodles with pork or chicken, etc (that was my favorite), white rice, steamed rice and various other asian dishes in a sauce.

We did the steakhouse two times on our Pride cruise. I think our meals there did coincide with elegant night...but not on purpose, and it was not crowded at all. It was really nice but I think I liked the MDR just as well. The benefit of the steakhouse is that the tables are nice and big and not stacked on top of each other like the MDR seems to be. But, make it worth your $30 and come hungry!

Thanks for the tip! Looking at everyone's pictures from the Steakhouse makes me really look forward to eating there! I've heard it's comparable to something like Ruth's Chris. I want to eat there on a night when we don't particularly care for what is being served in the MDR.

Do you see "Asian Corner"? That's where it is. There was always a soup, Rice noodles with pork or chicken, etc (that was my favorite), white rice, steamed rice and various other asian dishes in a sauce.

Yes, I did see the Asian Corner....I thought it might be it, thanks :D

Archived