Best way to get from Torremolinos to Malaga port?

Mooloo

I am staying in Torremolinos prior to sailing from Malaga. Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best way to get to the port mid morning on a Thursday? I know it's possible to get there by taxi, but wondered if it would be much cheaper to get a bus / train to Malaga and then pick up a cab?

Thanks in advance for your help:)

Mooloo

• 2 weeks later...
I am staying in Torremolinos prior to sailing from Malaga. Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best way to get to the port mid morning on a Thursday? I know it's possible to get there by taxi, but wondered if it would be much cheaper to get a bus / train to Malaga and then pick up a cab?

Mooloo

We stayed in Torre last year before going on a cruise. The bus is cheaper and drops you at the port gates. Then you can get a shuttle bus to the ship. We got a taxi for 20 Eu and he took us to the ship. Our cases come from to the taxi right to the check in.

We are going to get a taxi in November when we go again.

Alex

Mooloo

I think that you can get a train (which is not expensive) and then a taxi, but it sounds like the bus gets you nearer to the port area. The cruise ship leaves from a fair distance from the port gates. I had some locals telling me that I would find the port right opposite the train station and a taxi was unnecessary - they were not aware of the new cruise terminal.

Having said all that, I assume that you will have luggage, so my preferred option would be to get a taxi. You are on holiday after all.

I will be there in July too :D:D:D

Archived