Playa Los Arcos

flyboyswife

Yellowcab from the highway about Pesos 80/100,- per ride, max. 4 personen.

In the port the white cabs charge about US$ 4,- or 5,- per person per ride.

Those prices are more or less fix, donot expect to negotiate.

There is no negotiating for taxi fares. They are set by the union per zone, every so often you will get a rogue driver who will try to scam you.

if you use USD the driver will only give you a 10/1 ratio....

We paid 100 pesos from PLA back to the cruise ship about two and half years ago. When you leave PLA ask the doorman how much the rate is...before you get in ask the driver in front of the doorman, he should quote you the same price.

These are the yellow taxis not the more expensive port taxis used by the cruise ships or airport.

Thank you both. Great to know I don't have to haggle!

My parents have mobility issues...how far to the yellow taxis you mention? Is the price difference with the port taxis significant ... Wondering if it might be better to pay more than have my folks try and walk a far distance.

Thanks again!

To get to the yellow taxis from the cruise ship is about a block maybe a little less??

When it is time to leave PLA just ask one of the great doormen to hail you a taxi....your folks should be fine either way :)

We love PLA and the area.

The PLA margaritas are very very good....so good I had to get the recipe.....they are all I serve now and I am famous for my margaritas:D

I just wanted to let you know that we just got back from our cruise a week ago and did go to Playa Los Arcos! We had an amazing time and what a great deal! It was $15.00 pp and that included use of the pool, bathrooms, beach, chairs, towels and then the full $15.00 went towards food and drinks in their beachside restaurant! The beach was beautiful and there was lot going on! It was so much fun! We took the city bus there for .60 each! Can't beat that!!

• 2 weeks later...

We took the yellow taxi from the port to the Hotel Rosita/North end of the Malecon and the fare was $10. We passed all the white taxis and kept walking and didn't see any yellow taxis. Kept walking and saw a couple of yellow taxis outside a hotel and that's the one we took. If I were to do it again, I would have taken the white taxi - more expensive, but closer and more convenient.

We walked down the Malecon and then stopped by Playa Los Arcos. There was some construction work occurring on one side of the restaurant and it was very loud. I asked the front desk how long that was expected to last and the answer was 'I don't know. Maybe all day.'. So we passed on Playa Los Acros (though it seemed like a nice place - the construction noise would have ruined our experience) and had lunch at Daiquiri Dick's - fantastic Cadillac Margaritas - and played on the beach out there.

On the way back, I was looking for a cab, found one, and then the driver signaled me over to a white taxi. $15 for the white taxi to take us back to the port. Dropped us off right outside the gate. Very convenient.

• 1 month later...

How long a walk is it from Hotel Rosita to Playa Los Arcos?

Thanks!

We took the yellow taxi from the port to the Hotel Rosita/North end of the Malecon and the fare was $10.

We walked down the Malecon and then stopped by Playa Los Arcos.

To get to the yellow taxis from the cruise ship is about a block maybe a little less??

It is a VERY long block. For a person with no mobility issues, it is about 2 minutes. I would say it is about 1/8 mile. Didn't notice any shade or places to sit and can be hot.

I would find out how much the taxis are charging at the port before walking to a yellow cab.

How long a walk is it from Hotel Rosita to Playa Los Arcos?

Thanks!

You can have the taxi driver drop you off at the other end of the malecon (either at the River Cuale (but don't cross river-different zone) or by the church) for the same fare as Hotel Rosita.

It is a VERY long block. For a person with no mobility issues, it is about 2 minutes. I would say it is about 1/8 mile. Didn't notice any shade or places to sit and can be hot.

I would find out how much the taxis are charging at the port before walking to a yellow cab.

I have never thought it to be a VERY long block at all. Our Diamond cruise a few years back the port taxis were charging $5 USD PP.........yellow taxis were charging 80 pesos per taxi and those taxis fit 3 people.

We were just in Puerto Vallarta in May and even through we were staying at the condo a few blocks away we took advantage of the PLA day pass. Very very nice way to spend the day cruisers or not :)

It is about the length of the ship. One person's vision of a block can be completely different from someone else's.

Personally, I don't think it is too long, but my mom does and so might a person with mobility issues as stated by 'Flyboyswife'.

It is about the length of the ship. One person's vision of a block can be completely different from someone else's.

Personally, I don't think it is too long, but my mom does and so might a person with mobility issues as stated by 'Flyboyswife'.

Then I could see it being a long block :)

Would like some feedback on the $15.00 vs $45.00 pass... the only difference I can see is the all you can eat/drink portion. For those of you that have done the $15.00 pass~ was the $15.00 food/drink credit enough to have lunch with beverage? We are taking our teenagers on our next trip and are not big foodies.... however, I am sure they will get hungry/thirsty :D

I think we are going to give the city bus a try. Does anyone know if there is a map to show where you get on the bus near the cruise terminal and which stop you get off to get to PLA? Thanks!

The bus stops near the cruise terminal are a few feet to the left of the stoplight on the main road and about a block toward town in front of Soriana market. When you return, you will see the ship and can decide whether to get off near Soriana or go on to Wal Mart parking lot.

In town, if you want to get off and walk South along the malecon, get off when the bus turns left off the main road. If you stay on the bus, it will cross the Rio Cuale bridge and you can get off at the next stop and walk toward the ocean to the malecon, then go South to PLA.

I have seen maps [posted here, but not sure where to locate them.

Archived