Teens on the Spirit in the Med.

gogispu

Ok, all you veteran NCL cruisers...need alot of info. Oldest has asked for a cruise to the Med for a graduation trip. We have sailed with RCCL, Princess and Carnival.The last NCL ship I was on was the Norway. We have never done Europe.The ports that the Spirit does are awesome and need some help with tips for teens. Am wondering first, what is the alcohol policy for teens in Europe? Am wondering where to stay in Venice the night before? Kids want to stay in the city, I am ok with that but am wondering from a "mom" standpoint how good of an idea that is. Am considering staying at the airport and taking the train in and then sightseeing . Also, are there alot of families on board in June? How about special places that we shouldn't miss? Both of my boys are "gamers" and this cruise also has alot of ports that are featured in "Assassins Creed" Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Anne

We were on NCL Jade last June and did the r/t from Venice to Greece. We loved Venice and spent a couple days before and a couple days after. Information on where we stayed and getting around can be found here....

http://pasqualehome.com/VeniceJune2011/VeniceJune2011.htm

As for the cruise itself, look here....

http://pasqualehome.com/JadeJune2011/JadeJune2011.htm

The entire trip was a lifetime highlight for us. Have a great time....

Also, are there a lot of families on board in June?

I too am interested in this trip with my 3 teen kids and LOVE this itinerary over any other line (except possibly ccl which is almost half the price but 2 less desirable ports). However, it appears that the Spirit, in addition to being smaller than any other ship we've ever been, is lacking in older kid type things (no rock wall, small kid pool w/no real slide, adult geered shows, etc...) so I'm a bit leery about them being entertained onboard. It is an intense itinerary so us as parents will certainly be happy with the down time, but the kids have endless energy. lol!

I'm interested to see the replies as well, as a search on the boards hasn't revealed much in terms of "family" reviews of this trip.

June is middle of term for schools so should be fairly quiet children wise.

peak holiday time for schools is mid July to end August

legal age for drinking alcohol in Europe is 18.On board ship you can sign a waiver for your 18-20 year olds to be allowed to drink wine and beer[have heard that this waiver may no longer be required on some lines]

we are sailing on the Spirit in July and are spending a couple of nights prior to the cruise in Venice-we chose the P Roma area which is convenient and easy access to the water buses or Vaparettos.

I would check out the difference in price between airport hotels and Venice itself and then how much you are likely to spend on trains to get there and back during the day

We were on NCL Jade last June and did the r/t from Venice to Greece. We loved Venice and spent a couple days before and a couple days after. Information on where we stayed and getting around can be found here....

http://pasqualehome.com/VeniceJune2011/VeniceJune2011.htm

As for the cruise itself, look here....

http://pasqualehome.com/JadeJune2011/JadeJune2011.htm

The entire trip was a lifetime highlight for us. Have a great time....

your photos are so stunning and beautiful, the reason I am looking at it because we will be sailing with NCL Spirit to Med next year with our kids, they will be 16 and 13 years old and we had been sailed to Med with Disney on 2007 so we dont sure about Venice whether to flight home or stay overnight after the cruise..

Scottishwee35

Archived