Liberty “Funship-Two-Point-'WHOA'!” Review; Eastern Caribbean; 31 March 2012; Pics

MisterMom

• 4 weeks later...
The offisite parking was fine. It felt a little "weird" when we parked the car and checked in with the attendant. However, she didn't give us a sense of confidence that it would be safe and so would we. On the trip to POM, the driver received multiple calls on a couple cell phones which didn't instill confidence for our return trip.

For the return trip, the shuttle arrived as anticipated. The driver loaded our luggage in an attached trailer and we headed to the parking lot. Luckily, our vehicle was in the lot in the same condition we left it (with some additional grime, bird poo and, sadly, a defunct alternator). The shuttle, actually, broke down as it pulled in the parking lot! I hate it for the other passengers waiting to get back to the parking lot.

We just weren't used to depending on a shuttle to get to our car. It felt like there were too many variables that could go wrong (shuttle not show up, car broken in to/stolen, luggage disappearing) but nothing did. It just felt weird for us.

Would you use this service again? We are looking for an alternative to parking at the port.

Loved the review!

When you did the zip line excursion did you have to walk across rope bridges, tight ropes, swinging bridges, etc. to get to the next zip or did you just zip eight times in a row?

I did the Canopy Adventury Zip thingie in St. Maarten and there were 32 stations of which only about 7 were actual zip lines.

We're doing the same itinerary you had in October and I'd like to zip again -but not do the other stuff.

Thanks for the info on this.

We cruised on the Liberty in 2006 and am excited to be on her again with the upgrades.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Would you use this service again? We are looking for an alternative to parking at the port.

Loved the review!

Yeah, I suppose we would use this service again to save money. Just keep in mind the delay in getting to and from the port.

When you did the zip line excursion did you have to walk across rope bridges, tight ropes, swinging bridges, etc. to get to the next zip or did you just zip eight times in a row?

Thanks for the info on this.

This tour was one zip line connected to another or walking between zip lines. There was one platform where we had to be lowered down to pick up the next line. THAT was pretty fun.

What an absolutely wonderful review! I haven't gotten a lick of work accomplished today because I have been reading every post for the last few hours.

Beautiful family! I would love to sail with you all sometime. It seems you have your priorities perfectly in balance with everything. Loved the comment about the "Pappa Bear Claws" and Cameron's watch. So glad that you didn't let up on the watch people!

I stumbled across your review today and read it the whole way through. It was awesome! :D Me, DH, my sister-in-law and her husband are all going on the Liberty next April with this exact itinerary. This will be me and DH's third and my sister-in-law and her husband's first cruise.

I have a quick question about Grand Turk if you don't mind. You mentioned that when you booked your cruise and tried to book a cabana they were sold out. How close to the cruise time did you book? I was waiting to book the cabana, but I don't want to wait too long and miss out! We originally wanted a cabana at Half Moon Cay, but those are ALREADY sold out!

As the bar was opening for normal business, before things got too busy, I wanted to get a good pic with my new obsession, I mean, friend, Adri. I asked her if she would honor me with a photo and she was so sweet to say yes.

One with Andre’, my “neighbor” back here in Georgia….

DSC02337.jpg

And a picture I’ll treasure for a long time….

DSC02338_1_.jpg

Recommendation: TAKE THE ALCHEMY MARTINI CLASS AND HOPE TO THE CRUISE GODS THAT ADRI IS THERE!

Adri is awesome! I met her on Liberty in January 2012 and she was able to work with me to come up with drinks that would not mess with my type 1 diabetes too much. Quite a few of the drinks on the menu are way too sweet for me and would make my blood sugars go up. You will not waste your money at this bar! Great atmosphere, great bartenders, quality drinks!

With most of the reviews Ive read, I think your the only one that actually took pics on day of return and trip home.. I guess most are to depressed after the cruise to do that and you kept your spirits up..:)

Loved loved loved your review!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I enjoyed your commentary, your pictures and loved your humor!. I will be sailing on my first "real" Carnival cruise next month on the Liberty. My 1st and only Carnival cruise was a 3 nighter to the bahamas and I hated it, so your review really put me at ease and I'm actually super excited about it now!

Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

I have a quick question about Grand Turk if you don't mind. You mentioned that when you booked your cruise and tried to book a cabana they were sold out. How close to the cruise time did you book? I was waiting to book the cabana, but I don't want to wait too long and miss out! We originally wanted a cabana at Half Moon Cay, but those are ALREADY sold out!

I tend to book my cruises a little late so I miss out on the cabana bookings as they're usally booked. However, I checked cabana statuses at both Grand Turk and HMC almost daily leading up to to embarkation day. Maybe a month before embarkation, a GT cabana was available so I snagged it! TOTALLY worth it.

Where do you go boating at? Never said what part of Ga you live. I mostly boat t lake Allatoona NW of Atlanta and Kennasaw.

We boat on Lanier. Was just up there yesterday. However, with the water levels being as low as they are, we may end up Allatoona!

Another tip I learnt on these boards is to keep your hotel room key cards. They both should be encoded the same therefore either card should be able to open the safe...and you can each carry your own!

Simple yet brilliant!

Yes definitely a good idea to hide the card in the room somewhere in the cabin so everyone can have access as required.

Another tip I learnt on these boards is to keep your hotel room key cards. They both should be encoded the same therefore either card should be able to open the safe...and you can each carry your own!

Simple yet brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is so funny :D, so I started reading your review and after a few pages I was like wait a minute...... there is something familiar here, it just happens that I read your review a couple months ago.

I reading it all over again, trying to get the most information out of the ports and I am truly enjoying the review from a diferente perspective.

You have a beautiful family and you should be very proud that. I can only wish that with time I can accomplish something something like you have. Congratulations.

I will continue to read tomorrow, I am a bit tired now, it was a long day at work.

Thank you once again for emailing me and letting me know about this review. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon this FANTASTIC review.

Although our trip on the Liberty will be completely different (western caribbean in June 2013), I really LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your review and

photos. You are a kind soul and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated you sharing your holiday with us all. :)

Just stumbled upon this FANTASTIC review.

Although our trip on the Liberty will be completely different (western caribbean in June 2013), I really LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your review and

photos. You are a kind soul and I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated you sharing your holiday with us all. :)

Thank you so much. I got so much joy out of doing the review and the response we had. Hopefully, folks can read them and have an even better vacation because of these cool reviews. Thanks again and have the happiest of New Year's!

• 1 month later...

Archived