Eurodam Internet Fees

JudeeJim

I read somewhere on Cruise Critic that the Eurodam was trying out a different fee for the use of the internet. Someone said it was a trial to reduce the cost. When I called Customer Service for HAL the lady said this is not the case and there is no change in the charge. She also said not to believe everything I read on Cruise Critic. Is there anyone out there who can clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance,

Judee

I read somewhere on Cruise Critic that the Eurodam was trying out a different fee for the use of the internet. Someone said it was a trial to reduce the cost. When I called Customer Service for HAL the lady said this is not the case and there is no change in the charge. She also said not to believe everything I read on Cruise Critic. Is there anyone out there who can clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance,

Judee

I sailed last week and paid $19.99 for 100 minutes. That is certainly a much less expensive plan than the last time I cruised. I think her response is funny...but I can attest to the fact that the new rates were still in effect as of last week!

I keep hoping for a "reasonable" option that includes unlimited internet. If I could get that - I would cruise forever!!!!!

If you book a full suite on Princess, your unlimited internet wish will come true.

Are they only offering this on the Eurodam?
So far. It appears to be a test. As the OP said: "... was trying out a different fee for the use of the internet. Someone said it was a trial ..."

Yup, only the Eurodam currently (as of March 2012) has a faster, cheaper Internet access. At least in the Explorer, it no longer describes it as "experimental" so it may be here to stay.

(I scanned all the Explorers but I really have to sort out all my pictures and review for all you guys...)

It is $19 for 100 minutes and $33 for 250 minutes. That is less than half the price of the old Internet, and roughly 3-4 times faster. It will still remind you of high speed Internet circa 2001. However, the price now makes you think "Hmmm, kinda steep and doable" rather than "ARE YOU INSANE?!" I even noticed one fellow using it to play Facebook Scrabble in the Explorer's Cafe.

I think the $4 setup fee still applies. The "free minutes" signup bonuses on the first day are still offered. There was a "30 minutes for $10" promotion on the last day.

Yup, only the Eurodam currently (as of March 2012) has a faster, cheaper Internet access. At least in the Explorer, it no longer describes it as "experimental" so it may be here to stay.

(I scanned all the Explorers but I really have to sort out all my pictures and review for all you guys...)

It is $19 for 100 minutes and $33 for 250 minutes. That is less than half the price of the old Internet, and roughly 3-4 times faster. It will still remind you of high speed Internet circa 2001. However, the price now makes you think "Hmmm, kinda steep and doable" rather than "ARE YOU INSANE?!" I even noticed one fellow using it to play Facebook Scrabble in the Explorer's Cafe.

I think the $4 setup fee still applies. The "free minutes" signup bonuses on the first day are still offered. There was a "30 minutes for $10" promotion on the last day.

Thanks, great news, will be on her next month :)

Would love to see your Explorers! Especially a sea day... ;)

Archived