OK..I'll reword this...

DP

May I please hear from those who have booked Cat A Gtd that have been upgraded and to what.

AND also from those who booked Cat A Gtd and got Cat A.

Thanks....Diane

Hi DP!

I was pleasantly surprised when I was upgraded to a mid-ship balcony last cruise in November. Cat A's (not guarantee) seem to sell out fast, so your chances on being upgraded are great! Don't hesitate to have your TA ask Seabourn for the upgrade!

Good luck!!

Host Dan

Have booked Cat A GTD twice and been upgraded to A3 both times. However, that said, and our total loyalty to Seabourn well documented on these boards, we have never (in over 200 Seabourn days) had a "balcony". Not to worry, we remain loyal. Have enjoyed balconies on other "socalled luxury" lines and not enjoyed them half as much as our Seabourn sailings!

We were upgraded to an A3 balcony on the Legend crossing, and were shocked! It's the first time that ever happened. There were only 70 repeat passengers on the sailing, so I have a feeling that Club members were upgraded first.

I could sure get used to that....

:-)

Denyse

I might be wrong but I would think the challenge is whether you could get an upgrade given that you are booking a 72 day cruise that you have booked with is basically the combination of six segments. I think the followup question is whether anyone ever has gotten upgraded on multiple segments (eg., maybe 3 or more). I guess I would want to know if I didn't upgrade what accommdation I could get for the contiguous cruise and if it wasn't an optimal category A accommodation maybe I would take the risk but if I could get say accommodation 110, 111 or one nearby maybe I wouldn't take the risk.

On a related note we met around 12 passengers on our South America cruise earlier this year who did the 72 day cruise that you are planning to do. There were a few special events for them.

Keith

Keith..Thanks for your reply. Regarding the change in cabins Seabourn has reassured me that since I have booked the 72 days as one cruise I would be assigned 1 cabin as I only have one booking reservation. So don't have to worry about that.

I don't think any cabin on this ship are bad ones from what I have read .. even 101 and 102 (only if you are Transatlantic). However I really don't feel I would be assigned these cabins considering our # of days on this cruise and # of days having sailed with Seabourn in the past.

Diane

Diane~~~I have been upgraded numerous times.You might note, with the exception of the 6 "owner's suites" all the suites are basically about the same.Most cruises I enjoy a balcony, but on an Atlantic Crossing, I rarely open the balcony door.

On an extended voyage you might enjoy having the extra "ledge" under the large window. When my Mother was alive we always stayed in suite 232 (as she would always say "by the elevator, the Lobby and the "Welcoming Desk") There seems to be more room in a suite without balcony. I have a good friend that boards in March, on the Pride and she disembarks in New York, the middle of Sept. She prefers a suite without a balcony......she likes the ledge, under the window, for placing different items. We both, upon unpacking, move the chair, from the dressing table to the back (under the window or in front of the door) and move the upholstered stool from underneath the coffee table to the dressing table! Walla......alot more room in that area!

All suites on the Seabourn ships are most comfortable.......

Do enjoy your stay on the "very best Island that floats and moves!"

Martita

Archived