Serenity Bay

alaska_planner

in the zillions of videos i've seen of serenity bay (in my attempt to choose between a family beach and serenity bay cabana) it seems that it's always windy on that beach. Is this true? Is it always windy there? Moreso than the family beach?

Also, what's the weather usually like on Castaway Cay towards the end of October? We'll be there on October 23rd.

I wish i could make a decision as to which cabana to reserve. Family beach or Serenity Bay!! :eek:

I don't recall it being windy when we were there. We couldn't get there on our cruise last October due to bad weather. :(

yes, it is hurricane season, so that's certainly a possibility too!! :eek:

it's a 4 day cruise, so perhaps we'll make it in on one of the two possible days.

We have been to Castaway Cay 3 times: Twice during the month of May and once in October. It was windy one of the 3 times (in May). It doesn't matter where you are on the island, if it is windy, it's windy all over. Regarding your cabana choice - Serenity Bay is the adult beach, so I am assuming no kids allowed at the cabanas there. Does that matter to you? From what I hear, the cabanas near the family beach are a little way away, sort of off by themselves, so you would still be away from the busy area of the beach. We have never had a cabana, as we like to do the family beach for a bit, eat, do Serenity Bay for a bit, maybe do an excursion, etc. No matter where you decide, you will have a great time at CC! :p

We have been to Castaway Cay 3 times: Twice during the month of May and once in October. It was windy one of the 3 times (in May). It doesn't matter where you are on the island, if it is windy, it's windy all over. Regarding your cabana choice - Serenity Bay is the adult beach, so I am assuming no kids allowed at the cabanas there. Does that matter to you? From what I hear, the cabanas near the family beach are a little way away, sort of off by themselves, so you would still be away from the busy area of the beach. We have never had a cabana, as we like to do the family beach for a bit, eat, do Serenity Bay for a bit, maybe do an excursion, etc. No matter where you decide, you will have a great time at CC! :p

thanks!

i talked it over with DD - we were trying to remember what SB was like on our last visit (8 years ago)..

we concluded that last time we said the next time we would go straight to SB and stay there the whole day....so i guess that's what i'll do this time!!

Archived