Maasdam Mystery is Over........

sail7seas

They actually did what I suspected in the first place and that was to alternate the Veendam and the Maasdam, as one heads North the other heads South ;) Now the question is will they have anything like Cruise Tours? :D

Oh yes if it has not been mentioned Veendam is doing a 7 Night Round Trip Boston Canada New England This will be August 17, 2013. They could have used a few more of them :)

Wonderful itinerary, Lisa. I wonder why they're only doing one :confused:

If our inn sells by then, we'll book that for sure! If not, there's no hope for us getting away in August.

For what it is worth, we love the Maasdam October repositioning from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale. We're booked this year and when we had to cancel another cruise a few weeks ago, we asked our TA to transfer our deposit over to the 2013 Maasdam October repositioning. We asked for our fav cabin and got a confirmation it had been applied to the future Maasdam 2013 repositioning and what we had requested for cabin and dining. Yesterday she emailed that the 2013 sailing is now open and sent us the formal confirmation pages with the cabin we wanted and the deposit applied and the dining time we wanted. So now we are set for 2 of our favorite trips!!! margretha

I can see them all ... Maasdam and Veendam. Thanks!

Maasdam 5/3/2013. People. Look at this one!

Day Date Port Arrive Depart

0 03 May 2013 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US 04:00 PM

1 04 May 2013 At Sea

2 05 May 2013 Charleston, South Carolina, US 08:00 AM 04:00 PM

3 06 May 2013 At Sea

4 07 May 2013 Newport, Rhode Island, US TR 11:00 AM 11:00 PM

5 08 May 2013 At Sea

6 09 May 2013 Bar Harbor, Maine, US TR 07:00 AM 03:00 PM

7 10 May 2013 Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

8 11 May 2013 Sydney,Canada 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

9 12 May 2013 Charlottetown, Prince Edward CA 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

10 13 May 2013 Scenic cruising Gaspe Bay SE

10 13 May 2013 Gaspe, Quebec, CA 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

11 14 May 2013 Sept-Iles, Quebec, Canada 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

12 15 May 2013 Scenic cruising Saguenay Fjord SE

12 15 May 2013 Saguenay, Canada 10:00 AM 08:00 PM

13 16 May 2013 Quebec City, Quebec, CA ON 08:00 AM

14 17 May 2013 Quebec City, Quebec, CA 05:00 PM

14 17 May 2013 Saint Lawrence River Cruising SE

15 18 May 2013 Montreal, Quebec, CA 07:00 AM

We want to take this cruise and be back in our Lanai Cabin. Only thing that would make it perfect...if we could disembark in Quebec City! A girl can dream I guess. :)

Our TA just booked the G cabin we wanted for the May, 18 Montreal-Boston on Maasdam. We were haunting the HAL site waiting for the schedule to be posted so we could grab the exact cabin we wanted. We're trying the smaller ship as we found O'dam a little large for our taste. As we had to cancel our Crystal Boston-Montreal for this year, we decided to try HAL next spring. We'll save Crystal for a Southern Carribean.

Oh yea of little faith! Of course S7S gave us the right information.

I, for one, never doubted it.

… of course she was!!!!

:D:D

Thanks. :) :)

Yes, of course, I actually did think to inquire from the Future Cruise Consultant. That seemed a rather obvious thing to do. :D

I like the seven day Boston to Boston and we have done it at least three cruises in the past but think the price too high.

We're seriously considering whether it is worth the high price for an "S".

We'll wait before we choose which, if any, to book for next year.

At what point is the price too high?

Veendam is doing VOV and Canada New England in 2013.

That's right, Jade.

It'll be nice Maasdam has a full season doing Canada/New England.

It's better sending Veendam to VOV given her lack of aft pool condition. On many of our Canada/New England cruises, DH has enjoyed using Maasdam's aft pool but would use it far less on Viking so I imagine there are others who would likely feel the same.

More pool time on Canada/NE cruises.

As much as we would like the overnights in Quebec CXity (and we would like it a lot), we don't want to put up with the loud video screen and lack of pool on Veedam but that is only our personal preference and may not be anyone else's.

I have not figured out at what point the price is too high for S category. I do know that since we became 4 star Mariners we have opted a few times for veranda cabins not deluxe verandas. Free laundry had been a great perk for the S price. We had also found that we did not use the Neptune Lounge that much nor the services of the Concierge as I prefer to make my own reservations for things. And since we normally eat breakfast before the Pinnacle is open, we seldom took advantage of that perk. Of our 4 future HAL cruises booked, we have one S, 2 SY and 1 SS.

Maybe I have found the point where the price for an S is too high. Barbara

I have not figured out at what point the price is too high for S category. I do know that since we became 4 star Mariners we have opted a few times for veranda cabins not deluxe verandas. Free laundry had been a great perk for the S price. We had also found that we did not use the Neptune Lounge that much nor the services of the Concierge as I prefer to make my own reservations for things. And since we normally eat breakfast before the Pinnacle is open, we seldom took advantage of that perk. Of our 4 future HAL cruises booked, we have one S, 2 SY and 1 SS.

Maybe I have found the point where the price for an S is too high. Barbara

Good points, Barbara.

When they gave the benefits to Four Star Mariners that Suite guests still pay for, it gave reason for evaluation IMO

We do use Neptune and Pinnacle breakfast so those benefits still have value to us.

Extra square footage has value but we'd have a veranda in either case.

Most of our laundry is wash and press with little dry cleaning so that is a duplication we have paid for but could have for no charge as Four Star Mariners.

Priority embarkation and tendering are other duplications.

The wine navigator package does not appeal to use as we choose which wine we want when.....

The Canada/NE per diem for "S" are particularly high..... considerably higher than the average Caribbean itinerary and even Alaska.

How much is too much? :confused:

Archived