Earlier boarding time

won2go

Just seen on the Seabourn Blog. Guests can now board at 1230 instead of around 3pm. Full lunch will be served in the Colonnade on the larger ships. A move in the right direction!

Just seen on the Seabourn Blog. Guests can now board at 1230 instead of around 3pm. Full lunch will be served in the Colonnade on the larger ships...

Wonder why just on the larger ships... Should be easier to handle fewer passengers on the smaller ships??

The Verandah Cafe on the small ships cannot handle an influx of 200 embarking passengers and I guess they don't want to open the MDR because it's waiter service and not self service like the Colonnade. Those waiters are helping with other things during embarkation.

Wonder why just on the larger ships... Should be easier to handle fewer passengers on the smaller ships??

We have just left the `Legend`. CD `Dave` stated that boarding commences at 12.30pm on all ships.

Incidently, the Veranda Cafe just cannot cope with the numbers. Its just like a cattle market especially breakfast ( a big disappointment). I would be interested what other guests say. Had breakfast in the MDR most days.

We have just left the `Legend`. CD `Dave` stated that boarding commences at 12.30pm on all ships.

Incidently, the Veranda Cafe just cannot cope with the numbers. Its just like a cattle market especially breakfast ( a big disappointment). I would be interested what other guests say. Had breakfast in the MDR most days.

We were on the Legend in Dec/Jan. Think it depends upon when you have breakfast...we never had a problem. Usually were in around 8am...seemed to be crowded later. Never needed to resort to the MDR.

Don't go between 9.15 and 10.00 it can be busy, the MDR is always quiet.

Hello kpercy,

Can you please tell me if Rachel Vago is still the CD at the Legend? I just saw you mentioned Dave as the CD at the Legend.

Thanks!

We were delighted on our first big ship cruise on the Quest to board early and have a delightful lunch in the Colonnade. We look forward to boarding at lunchtime on our upcoming Pride cruise but I agree that the size of the Colonnade makes it much easier to handle most of the passengers.

Citoman

Rachel is married to Imre, the Ex. Chef of the Spirit.

(He was Sous Chef under Thorsten) ~Imre food was the best I've ever had on Seabourn ! Everyone on our TA Crossing raved as to his menus and his fine foods ~

I hope they can sail together soon ~probably will be the Spirit. Both so talented and cute!:p

Martita B.

Citoman

Rachel is married to Imre, the Ex. Chef of the Spirit.

(He was Sous Chef under Thorsten) ~Imre food was the best I've ever had on Seabourn ! Everyone on our TA Crossing raved as to his menus and his fine foods ~

I hope they can sail together soon ~probably will be the Spirit. Both so talented and cute!:p

Martita B.

Cruiserbunny and Martita,

Thank you for the information. I had the pleasure of meeting both Rachel and Imre last February on the sailing from Bali to Singapore. My DH and I will be sailing again on the Legend next week from Rome to Montecarlo and were wondering if they will still be there. We also enjoyed the music of the group Seabreeze and the husband wife duo of Simone and Collins- I wonder if they are still at the Legend?

Thanks again for the information!

We were too excited to wait for our mid afternoon boarding time and pitched up at the check-in in Malaga around 12.30, to find others has done the same and we were quickly on board and shown immediately to the Colonade for lunch, being told that our suite would not be ready until 2pm.

So I would imagine that Seabourn have now taken the most sensible and practical option to offer earlier boarding as the norm, as it was really happening anyway!

And we certainly loved the feeling of sitting down and enjoying our lunch and just soaking up the atmosphere, knowing we still had the excitement of exploring the ship and our suite! :D

Archived