***Live from the Sojourn 14 Day Grand Med***

Thank you so much for taking the time to post - very kind of you.

That's a great menu - I like everything on it :D

So the breadsticks that come with the Melon and Prosciutto plate, would they be the same ones that are infamous around these parts?

(note to self - get weight down to 10 pounds UNDER goal weight prior to Quest cruise to allow for inevitable huge weight gain during...)

Kinda of the same variety although those are a much thicker variety and not the infamous skinny thin ones...but still undeniably munchable!:D

Hate to make a negative comment here, but on our recent SA cruise, I ordered the lobster mac and cheese at the Patio Grill. The portion was huge and I did comment to the waiter that it could feed three people. I hate wasting food, plus it wasn't really that good, IMO.

Day 13: Ibiza, Spain 8:00am-6:00pm

Good morning from Sleepy Seabourn Square and the Sojourn as it's pitch black outside these windows I can't tell if we are close to land and/or if it will be a beautiful day here in Ibiza, Spain. We are scheduled to make our approach around 7:00am and pick up our pilot onboard and be tied up alongside our pier at 8:00am.

The ship currently is swaying a bit side to side as there are swells outside and some high winds. The Square this morning is empty as usual. The plan for today is to have a "light" breakfast and go outside after lunch to explore some of sights in Ibiza.

More to come later today from the Sojourn about to make our way towards Ibiza, Spain.

Hate to make a negative comment here, but on our recent SA cruise, I ordered the lobster mac and cheese at the Patio Grill. The portion was huge and I did comment to the waiter that it could feed three people. I hate wasting food, plus it wasn't really that good, IMO.

Patti22 sorry to hear your Lobster Mac and Cheese wasn't that good. I just loved mine from last night, however I had ordered a side dish and not a regular portion knowing very well it would be large.

Onboard Activities for Today: Ibiza, Spain

8:00am Arrival into Ibiza, Spain

10:30am Golf Putting Enthusiasts, Retreat, Deck 11

12:00-2:00pm Colonnade opens for Lunch, Tapas

12:30pm-3:30pm Patio Grill opens for Lunch, Mixed Grill

2:00pm Unhosted Social Bridge Play, Card Room, Deck 7

3:00pm Spa Seminar "Eat More to Weight Less", Spa, Deck 9

3:30pm Mahjong Get-Together, Card Room, Deck 7

4:00pm-5:00pm Afternoon Tea Time & Piano Melodies, Observation Bar, Deck 10

5:00pm Friends of Bill W. Meet, Conference Room, Deck 5

5:30pm All Aboard

6:00pm Departure, Sojourn sails for Valencia, Spain

Evening Activities Onboard:

Tonight's Attire: Elegantly Casual

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

6:30pm-8:00pm Club Cocktails, The Club, Deck 5

6:45pm Pre-Dinner Seabourn Speakers Series: "Valencia-The Magnificent Ancient Roman City Founded 138 B.C. & Barcelona", Grand Salon, Deck 6

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

9:30pm Michael Liebler on Guitar, The Club, Deck 5

9:45pm SHOWTIME: LIMELIGHT, Grand Salon, Deck 6

A Bit of Background on Ibiza, Spain

Ibiza, is an island in the Mediterranean Sea 79km off the coast of Valencia, Spain. It is the third largest of the Baleric Islands, an autonomous community of Spain. Though primarily known for it's party scene, large portions of the island are registered as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and thus protected from the development and commercialization of the main cities.

A notable example includes "God's Finger" in the Bernirras Bay as well as some of the more traditional Ibizan cultural sites. Because of it's rustic beauty, companies and artists alike frequently use the island for photographic and film shoots. A monument ("the Egg") erected in honour of Christopher Columbus can be found in Sant Antoni. Ibiza is one of several places purporting to be his birthplace.

the sun is now coming up over the island as we are manoeuvring ourselves towards our berth. MSC Orchestra is also here today with us.

More to come later today from the beautiful island of Ibiza, Spain.

Post Breakfast Update;-Ibiza, Spain

We just came back from having breakfast in the Colonnade. I guess everyone had the same idea as we did and showed up at 9:15am...was a MADHOUSE upstairs this morning. The Restaurant was open from 8:00am until 9:00am but most people are not using it for breakfast as an overflow.

The tours this morning were dispatched later than usual and probably added to the stress to the Colonnade. People all over the place in the Colonnnade and we ate outside which was a little chilly and windy. Our current temperature is 16C or 60F and under overcast skies which should be clearing later this morning hopefully. Because of this I have a migraine which is predictable for me when there are big changes in barometric pressure...(sunny yesterday and cloudy this morning) triggers a migraine for me.:(

We are docked right beside the Fortress and have a spectacular view of the Marina and Habour.

More to come later today from the Sojourn here in Ibiza, Spain.

MarianH;

On the Wine List they have the following to choose from:

Veneto

Amarone della Valpolicella DOC, Serego Alighieri, Masi $92.00

Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC, Bertani $162.00

Tuscany

Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Pian delle Vigne, Antinori $84.00

Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Castello Banfi $106.00

Which do you believe is worth sampling?:eek:

Post Lunch Update;

We just came back from having lunch in the Colonnade. It wasn't that busy surprisingly as we arrived at 12:30pm 30 minutes after they had opened. We decided to eat outside at our usual table by the rail. The winds have calmed down from this morning and has also cleared up and we are now under sunny skies and current temperature of 20C or 68F. It's still technically off season right now in Ibiza, as season starts mid to end of May until October. It is quiet on the island, not the usual hussle and bussle you can find in Ibiza. MSC Orchestra was doing an overnight here in Ibiza and left just some 30 minutes ago.

For lunch I had a spaghetti carbonara and some two bean salad (I guess we are missing the third bean onboard) and some Chocolate Truffle Cake for dessert with coconut ice cream. My migraine has passed thnak god and looking forwrd to going ashore in a little while or maybe not and instead take in some sun in the Retreat on Deck 11.

More to come from the Island of Ibiza onboard Sojourn Today.:D

ST

Once on the Pride I ordered the "three bean salad", along with my rare Minute Steak, for luncheon in the dining room ~sure 'nuff, 1st course arrived: on a salad plate were three little lone beans ~nothing else!

My foursome at the table loved the fact that the Chef pulled a fast one on Miss Martha B. :D

Hope your awful headache is gone ~go ashore and enjoy your day!

Martita B.

ST

Once on the Pride I ordered the "three bean salad", along with my rare Minute Steak, for luncheon in the dining room ~sure 'nuff, 1st course arrived: on a salad plate were three little lone beans ~nothing else!

My foursome at the table loved the fact that the Chef pulled a fast one on Miss Martha B. :D

Hope your awful headache is gone ~go ashore and enjoy your day!

Martita B.

Hello Miss M....my Migraine did clear up but only towards end of day here...Oh well made for another excuse to lay in bed and watch TV and have yet another Movie Marathon!!!:D:eek::D

Pre-Departure Update: About to Set Sail for Valencia, Spain

We are less than 45 minutes away from leaving Ibiza, Spain for Valencia, Spain and have just over 135 nautical miles before we reach Valencia, Spain tomorrow morning at 7:00am.

The weather has improved considerably and it's actually much warmer now 72F or 22C under sunny skies just in time for the Caviar Sail-A-Away Party on Deck 8 and Deck 9 Patio Bar area all served up with chilled Champagne (NF Variety unfortunately:mad:) but still bubbly!

Sea conditions from my balcony look to be very good and smooth and winds coming from the north at 7 nm p.h. or Beaufort 2 which is nothing really.

We plan on going to the Patio Grill once again tonight for Chop House which we both love. Let's hope the winds remain very low and seas ermain calm for yet another very enjoyable meal.

Went up for Tea Time and just left a few minutes ago and Foat Soaker was there as was "Fritz with the Mitts" but nothing scandulous going on regretably. Very quiet and civilized this cruise I must say...hoping for some additional "characters" to appear in these last days....stay tuned!:eek:

More to come later tonight here onboard the Sojourn as we make final pre-departure preparations before setting sail for Valencia, Spain!;)

And I'm sure you ordered some yummy room service to make you feel better??

Movie Marathon Days on Seabourn - fabulous - its a real guilty pleasure! LOL!

MISS M - your 3 bean salad tale is so funny - I bet you couldn't stop laughing!

I notice JaneBP hasn't been posting lately - is she away, anyone know? :)

As for this blooming rain -

Rain, rain go away, come again another day

or

Rain, rain go to SPAIN, never to come back again!

(but not on the Patio Grill on the SB Sojourn :p)

By the way, made a delicious Chicken and LEEK pie for supper last night - and chocolate dipped Strawberries - strawberries from Spain and so delicious! DH was happy bunny, so made my move to talk about future SB cruise - and it worked next year yahoo! Now ST when are you booked, just so I know to avoid!!!! Only kidding! Hahahahahaha!

Hello again. Hope you've had a great day.

Did you ever get a copy of the complimentary wine list? I would be interested in knowing what is on it now and if it has been improved since our last cruise when it had gone downhill somewhat!!

We have had the Amarone (the cheaper one) and it was fabulous. We also had a Trimbach Riesling last cruise which was incredible and only something like 66 dollars. I think it was a 1998. Our son bought us one for Christmas as we had raved about it. I know it's not to everyone's taste but we loved it.

Enjoy your evening and Valencia tomorrow. Hope the weather is good.

Margaret

Hello again. Hope you've had a great day.

Did you ever get a copy of the complimentary wine list? I would be interested in knowing what is on it now and if it has been improved since our last cruise when it had gone downhill somewhat!!

We have had the Amarone (the cheaper one) and it was fabulous. We also had a Trimbach Riesling last cruise which was incredible and only something like 66 dollars. I think it was a 1998. Our son bought us one for Christmas as we had raved about it. I know it's not to everyone's taste but we loved it.

Enjoy your evening and Valencia tomorrow. Hope the weather is good.

Margaret

margbem;

April 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Seabourntraveller user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabourntraveller viewpost.gif

Complimentary Wine Selection OnBoard Sojourn:

White

Two Wines, Riesling, USA

Santa Margharita, Pinot Grigio, Italy

La Scolca, Gavi, Italy

Santa Alicia, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Anakena, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

De Meye, Unwooded Chardonnay, South Africa

Louis Latour, Grand Ardeche, Chardonnay, France

Pascal Bouchard, Petit Chablis, France

Wingspan, Sauvignon Blanc, Spain

Duc de Foix, Chardonnay, Spain

Red Wines

Banfi, Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy

Serego Alighieri, Tuscan Red, Italy

Sirius Red, Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, Bordeaux, France

Trois Couronnes, Cotes du Rhone, France

Castle Rock, Cabernet Sauvignon, USA

Brassfield, Pinot Noir, USA

Arrowood, Merlot, USA

Rousemount, Shiraz, South Australia

Aromo, Merlot, Chile

Aromo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile

Alsace, Pinot Noir, France

Duc de Foix, Cabernet Sauvignon, Spain

Blush/Rose

Beringer, White Zinfandel, Nappa Valley, California, USA

J.P. Chenet, Cinsault-Grenache, France

Sparkling Wines

Nicolas Feuillate, Brut, Champagne, France

Prosecco DOC, BRut, Carmine Maschio, Italy

From a first glance, I have to say the wine selection onboard looks to be weak compared to the extensive list on the Legend in December.

They have also added under Whites Wines, Palacio de Bornos, Sauvignon Blanc, Spain to the Complimentary List of Wines offered onboard Sojourn.

Departure from Ibiza;

We have just left Ibiza, about 20 minutes later than scheduled. Captain Elliott came over the P.A. to address us all to let us know that the winds would pick up considerably as we would leave the harbour and would slowly dimish throughout the evening and late tonight. He has warned us that we will be having moderate swells of 3 meters or greater but the ship should handle it without any problems.

Our forecasted temperature for tomorrow is 79F or 26C and partly sunny skies which should make for a perfect day in Valencia. We will have mostly cloudy morning as we have been in the past couple of days and then clearing up by lunch time.

More to come from the Sojourn later today from at sea currently enroute to Valencia, Spain!:eek:

Dining Options Onboard Tonight;

Restaurant;

First Course

Fennel Seared Salmon,shaved resd onion, red radish, daikon salad, capers

Grilled & Roasted Vegetable Terrine, spicy greens, tomato vinaigrette, marinated feta cheese

Roasted Quail Breast, roasted portobello, ruby grapefruit, port wine infusion

Mushroom & Parmesan Broth, porcini and chives

Tomato Cream Soup, polenta croutons, three pepper cream

Mache & Endives, seasonal Herbs, citrus vinaigrette

Salad of Confit Duck & Frisee, preserved apricots, pistachios

Main Course

Pan Seared Mahi Mahi, mascarpone mash, tomato basil salasa, red wine butter sauce

Basil Braised Shellfish, shrimps, calamari, mussels, homemade fettucine

Pan Sauteed Pork Tenderloin, green apple coulis, braised red cabbage, roasted potatoes, madeira sauce

Pink Grilled Lamb Loin, cauliflower-zucchini semolina, potato gratin, lamb jus

Vegetarian- Toasted Angel Hair Pasta, black trumpet mushrooms, roasted mushroom jus

Restaurant 2;

Same Exact Menu as Last night Repeated!

The Colonnade- Mediterranean

APPETIZERS

Grilled Shrimp, Roasted Tomato

Cheddar Cheese Tian, Asparagus, Dijon Vinaigrette

or

Tuscan Style Bean & Vegetable Soup

Meat Balls, Escarole, Garlic Croutons

or

Spring Chicken Cassoulet "En Croute"

Creamy Forest Mushrooms, Truffle, Fresh Tarragon

MAIN COURSE

Pan Seared Filet of Sea Bass

Warm Nicoise Style Salad, Crisp Giant Cappers

Black Olives

or

Roasted Rack of Lamb Provencale

Gratin Potatoes, Ratatouille, sweet Garlic, Rosemary Jus

DESSERTS

Milk Chocolate & Coffee Mousse

Hazelnut Cookie

or

Port Poached Pears

Lemon Sherbet, White Chocolate Biscotti

PATIO GRILL- CHOP HOUSE

APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Arugual and Watermelon Salad

Prawn Cocktail with Horseradish Cream

Marinated Seafood

Air Dried Beef, Pickled Vegetables

PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)

Parma, Brie Carciofi

Tomato SAuce, Mozzarella, Brie Cheese

Artichokes, Prosciutto

PASTA

Pappadelle with Braised Short Ribs

English Peas, Cipollini Onions, Cherry tomatoes

Parmigiano-Reggiano

FROM THE GRILL

Beef Rib Eye 10oz

Veal Chop 12 oz

Single Bone Lamb Chops 10 oz

Frsh Salmon Cotelette 10 oz

SIDINGS

Mixed Vegetables, Sauteed Spinach

Truffled Fench Fries

SAUCES

Bernaise, Peppercorn, Garlic Butter

DESSERTS

Assorted Cheese Plate

Chocolate Pot de Creme

Mango Tartelette

Fresh Fruits

Ice Cream & Sorbet

margbem;

April 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Seabourntraveller user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabourntraveller viewpost.gif

Complimentary Wine Selection OnBoard Sojourn:

White

Two Wines, Riesling, USA

Santa Margharita, Pinot Grigio, Italy

La Scolca, Gavi, Italy

Santa Alicia, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

Anakena, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile

De Meye, Unwooded Chardonnay, South Africa

Louis Latour, Grand Ardeche, Chardonnay, France

Pascal Bouchard, Petit Chablis, France

Wingspan, Sauvignon Blanc, Spain

Duc de Foix, Chardonnay, Spain

Red Wines

Banfi, Chianti Classico, Tuscany, Italy

Serego Alighieri, Tuscan Red, Italy

Sirius Red, Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, Bordeaux, France

Trois Couronnes, Cotes du Rhone, France

Castle Rock, Cabernet Sauvignon, USA

Brassfield, Pinot Noir, USA

Arrowood, Merlot, USA

Rousemount, Shiraz, South Australia

Aromo, Merlot, Chile

Aromo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chile

Alsace, Pinot Noir, France

Duc de Foix, Cabernet Sauvignon, Spain

Blush/Rose

Beringer, White Zinfandel, Nappa Valley, California, USA

J.P. Chenet, Cinsault-Grenache, France

Sparkling Wines

Nicolas Feuillate, Brut, Champagne, France

Prosecco DOC, BRut, Carmine Maschio, Italy

From a first glance, I have to say the wine selection onboard looks to be weak compared to the extensive list on the Legend in December.

They have also added under Whites Wines, Palacio de Bornos, Sauvignon Blanc, Spain to the Complimentary List of Wines offered onboard Sojourn.

Thanks very much!

Post Dinner Update;

We just got back from having dinner once again in the Patio Grill. Started off with a thin slliced Artichoke and Brie Pizza, followed by a side order of the Pappardelle Pasta and the Humungous Veal Chop cooked to perfect with Asparagus, Sauteed Spinach. Had a bottle of Pascal Bouchard, Petit Chablis and a bottle of Peligrino.

The "Pizza Master" in the Patio Grill has to be hands down one of the best Pizza makers I ever had and I'm not a thin crust lover to begin with!:eek:

He will definetely make it in my questionaire.

The seas are calm this evening with overcast skies and light winds coming out of the West as we are currently sailing at 9 knots per hour...practically limping our way towards Valencia, Spain.

Our Cabin Stweardess, Sladana delivered our luggage tags etc. for tomorrow night...god it's that time...:mad:

No Foot Soaker tonight or Fritz with the Mitts or any half clad German people trying to get into the pool, just a quiet relaxing dinner at the Patio Grill with approx. 32 other guests. One of the busiest nights we have seen since being onboard.

More to come late tonight onboard Sojourn making our way ever so slowly towards Valencia, Spain.:eek:

Day 14: Enroute to Valencia, Spain

Good morning from the Launderette Room here on Deck 5 whereby I thought I would beat the laundry rush on the last day of the cruise and throw a load or two in at 5:30am.:eek:

The Ship is very quiet as is expected to be at 5:45am and it's a great feature that these two rooms are open 24/7. We are scheduled to arrive in Valencia, Spain at 8:00am this morning and all aboard time is an early 4:30pm as we set sail for Barcelona at 5:00pm sharp.

The weather forecast for Valencia is 25C or 77F under partly sunny skies...Finally some HEAT! Just waiting to throw the laundry in the dryer and then hopefully head over to "Sleepy Seabourn Square" for some coffee.

More to come later this morning from the Sojourn as we make our way ever so slowly towards Valencia, Spain.:eek:;):eek:

Today's Activities Onboard;

8:00am Arrival, Valencia, Spain

8:30am Shuttle Bus Service (runs every 30 minutes)

10:15am Crew LifeBoat Drill

12:00 noon -2:00pm Colonnade Opens for Lunch, Tapas

12:30pm-3:30pm Patio Grill Opens for Lunch, Tacos

2:00pm Unhosted Social Bridge Play, Card Room Deck 7

3:30pm Gold Putting Enthusiasts, The Retreat, Deck 11

4:00pm-5:00pm Afternoon Tea Time & Melodies, Observation Bar Deck 10

4:30pm All Aboard

4:30pm Galley Tour with Executive Chef Andrew, The Restaurant Deck 4

5:00pm Departure: Sojourn Sails for Barcelona, Spain

5:00pm Team Trivia Finals-Back in the Club!, The Club, Deck 5

5:00pm Friends of Bill W. Meet, Conference Room, Deck 5

Evening Activities Onboard;

Tonight's Attire: Resort Casual

6:30pm Panoramic Piano Moods with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

6:30pm-8:00pm Club Cocktails, the Club, Deck 5

6:45pm Pre-Dinner Showtime: Comedy Musical Specialty Entertainer Steve Stevens, Grand Salon, Deck 6

9:00pm Evening Melodies with Guitarist Michael Liebler, The Club Deck 5

9:30pm Smooth Melodies with Pierre, Observation Bar, Deck 10

9:30pm Popcorn Movie: "Bridesmaids"

9:45pm Farewell Social Night, The Club, Deck 5

Background Info on Valencia, Spain;

Valencia was founded as a Roman colony in 138 BC. The City is situated on the banks of the Turia, on the east coast of the iberian peninsula, fronting the Gulf of Valencia within the Mediterranean Sea. It's historic centre is one of the largest within Spain. Among it's most representative monuments are the Valencia Cathedral, the Torres de Serranos, the Torres de Quart, the Llotja de la Seda (declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996) and the Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciencies (City of Arts and Sciences), an entertainment based cultural and architectural complex designed by Santiago Calatrava and Felix Candela.

We have just boarded our pilot onboard now and are slowly proceeding towards the port of Valencia, Spain with the sunrise coming up just now as well....stunning!;)

Archived