***Live from the Sojourn 14 Day Grand Med***

Gee whiz!

The comp wine list has either deteriorated markedly in quality, or there has definatley been a downgrade in wine spend.

How dissapointing.

I was under the impression it was only the odd variety or two, but this back to basics list seems like a warehouse buy.

Even the Champagne is not the usual quality.

Mind you it is 18 months since l was onboard Pride.

It's now getting even harder to justify Seabourns solo rates.

At Seabourns rates level, there really is no excuse for downgrading the comp wine list to these levels.

Especially with the world wine glut that is presently engulfing the globe. There are fantastic quality wines available now at a fraction of the prices they sold for 2 years ago.

It seem to me Seabourn is not even trying to please, or take advantage of whats on offer.

There really is no excuse for this.

Don't forget to see Steve Stevens tonight, he is hilarious. Saw him twice on the Spirit and the house was packed and having a ball.

Wishing you a sunny, warm day in Valencia.

ajpeter;

We saw him once earlier in the cruise and he was "OK" so let's see if tonight he brings down the house?...stay tuned!:eek:;):eek:

Post Breakfast Update; -Valencia, Spain.

We just came back from the Colonnade and it was a MAD HOUSE in that place from the moment we arrived at 8:30am until we left at 9:30am. Not an empty chair in the house. It was a full on attack whereby the staff was continuously running around like chickens with their heads cut off...felt bad for them honestly. Looks like everyone decided to eat at the same time more or less. Due to the fact that the Restaurnat was only open from 8:00am ntil 9:00am, Room Service was the only other alternative as overflow this morning.

Had two poached eggs as usual on dry brown toast and O.J. We have the Adonia (P&O UK) next to us here today in Valencia, Spain.

The current temperature outside is 20C or 68F under sunny skies. Will be working on that tan today since I feel now more than ever that we are in the Med and not on the "Polar Express" anymore.

More to come later today from the Sojourn in Valencia, Spain.:cool:

Post Lunch Update; Colonnade Lunch

We just came backf rom having lunch on the vernadah of the Colonnade, whereby I had a pasta congigle with fried eggpplant, sweet onion and pomodoro sauce...delicious and some grilled seabreem and choclate cake with cafe con Leche ince cream.

The Colonnade was not full at all for lunch, as most people are lying out by the pool and taking in a burger or two by the pool. The sunshine and heat is a welcomed addition here in Valencia today.

Now heading up to the Retreat for some more suntanning and snoozing most probably until After Tea Time (last one of the cruise)...hopefully I see "Fritz with the Mitts" for one last time or Foat Soaker?:eek:

We set sail for Barcelona at 5:00pm.

More to come later today from the Sojourn here in Valencia, Spain.

About two hours drive - you planning a visit??? :D

BIG ANNOUCEMENT IS.....Drummmmm rrroolllllllsssssss!

I just booked the Sojourn to come back after the Charter cruise that begins tomorrow in Barcelona (they are having for one week for Sanofi-Aventis pharmaceutical) and I am reboarding in Civitavecchia on May 4th for 20 FABULOUS MORE DAYS onboard Sojourn doing the 20 Day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn!:D

It's been going on for the past 5 hours!:mad::confused::mad:

Tell me about it ... I usually log on over my cornflakes ... So dull breakfast for me this morning! Can you ask Host Dan to put you in touch as I don't want to post my email address on here. :)

ST passed on your greetings at breakfast this morning thanks.

Well our last afternoon and curently taking some rays by the pool, after a morning in Valencia. Back home tomorrow, will speak soon.

Dottie D

Post Dinner Update;

We just got back from having dinner once again in the Patio Grill. Started off with a thin slliced Artichoke and Brie Pizza, followed by a side order of the Pappardelle Pasta and the Humungous Veal Chop cooked to perfect with Asparagus, Sauteed Spinach. Had a bottle of Pascal Bouchard, Petit Chablis and a bottle of Peligrino.

The "Pizza Master" in the Patio Grill has to be hands down one of the best Pizza makers I ever had and I'm not a thin crust lover to begin with!:eek:

He will definetely make it in my questionaire.

The seas are calm this evening with overcast skies and light winds coming out of the West as we are currently sailing at 9 knots per hour...practically limping our way towards Valencia, Spain.

Our Cabin Stweardess, Sladana delivered our luggage tags etc. for tomorrow night...god it's that time...:mad:

No Foot Soaker tonight or Fritz with the Mitts or any half clad German people trying to get into the pool, just a quiet relaxing dinner at the Patio Grill with approx. 32 other guests. One of the busiest nights we have seen since being onboard.

More to come late tonight onboard Sojourn making our way ever so slowly towards Valencia, Spain.:eek:

Is his name Jerry?

Roxburgh. I was just going to ask if they had gotten the pizza back to being paper thin. I had it first on the Sojourn over a year ago and fell in love with that crust. Then went to the Quest. It was good but not like the original. They told me the pizza maker was trained in Italy by a famous chef. I think his name was Peter. Anyway, then to the Odyssey and it was just a normal pizza. I mentioned it at the patio grill and they really made an effort to get it thin....never could bring it to that level but they really did try. I am so excited to hear you say that....but is it Peter? He needs to work with the other chefs. It will save my waistline if he doesn't, however!! Our next trip is on Pride...wonder what I will find there in the way of pizza. It's my "snack of choice" during the day!

Oops, just saw this post, that's right, it was not Peter, it was Jerry, and I say again, that crust is to die for....but only on Sojourn!!!

Jerry was on Odyssey when she first came into service. He was then on Sojourn and then on the Quest maiden. Perhaps he has gone back to Sojourn? I don't know, hence my question.

I was told that he had trained in Naples. Whether true or not, his pizza is probably the best you can get on the high seas as good as anything I have had on dry land (and I like pizza).

He is also a really nice person.

BIG ANNOUCEMENT IS.....Drummmmm rrroolllllllsssssss!

I just booked the Sojourn to come back after the Charter cruise that begins tomorrow in Barcelona (they are having for one week for Sanofi-Aventis pharmaceutical) and I am reboarding in Civitavecchia on May 4th for 20 FABULOUS MORE DAYS onboard Sojourn doing the 20 Day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn!:D

Excellent news ST! I wonder if we will feature in your blog as we join the Sojourn on May 4th too? :eek:

A quick question: have you noticed whether many men are wearing tuxes on Black Tie Optional nights?

Thanks,

Simon

Excellent news ST! I wonder if we will feature in your blog as we join the Sojourn on May 4th too? :eek:

A quick question: have you noticed whether many men are wearing tuxes on Black Tie Optional nights?

Thanks,

Simon

Ahhhh Hello Simon from accross the Pond!

I would say in the past 2 7 day cruises, more dark suits onboard than there are men in tuxedos....perhaps because it was a 7 day cruise with 1 Formal Optional Night? Maybe on the May 4th we will only have 1 Formal Optional night as well?

Jerry was on Odyssey when she first came into service. He was then on Sojourn and then on the Quest maiden. Perhaps he has gone back to Sojourn? I don't know, hence my question.

I was told that he had trained in Naples. Whether true or not, his pizza is probably the best you can get on the high seas as good as anything I have had on dry land (and I like pizza).

He is also a really nice person.

Roxburg and RNH;

I can't for the likes of me remember thsi new guys name but he has only come onboard 2 weeks ago and is new to the Patio Grill. He is AMAZING and I don't like thin crust Pizza but could have a meal of it everyday with this guy on deck.

Going again tonight one last time because he will be making that infamous Calamari Pizza and will ask for his name and report back to you all on here.:eek:

Archived