***Live from the Sojourn 14 Day Grand Med***

Departure from Valencia, Spain Enroute to Barcelona;

We have jst left the beautiful port of Valencia, Spain under 25C weather and sunny skies and are about to drop off the harbour master (pilot) after the breakwaters. We have over 176 nautical miles before we reach the harbour entry tomorrow morning at approx. 6:00am and take on our pilot and be tied up along the International Centre in Barcelona.

The sea predictions for tonight are calm swells and low winds from the South making for a very comfortable night at sea. We plan on going one last time to the Patio Grill around 8:00pm for the infamous Calamari Pizza and to say goodbye to some of the crew that have almost become extended Family to us especially now knowing that we will be coming back for an extended 20 more days as of May 4th.

The mood onboard is very quiet this afternoon/tonight except for the laundry room today whereby there was a cat fight over the use of two dryers by one individual...MADONNA!:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes: I had forgotten to wash two pair of pants that could have waited and these two botoxed blue haired "madames" decided to have it out in the laundry room about proper etiquette on the use of one dryer per person etc....:confused::eek: Was just like Alexis and Crystal on Dynasty in a laundry matt!...LOL

More to come alter tonight from the Sojourn now enroute to Barcelona, Spain.

I would say in the past 2 7 day cruises, more dark suits onboard than there are men in tuxedos....perhaps because it was a 7 day cruise with 1 Formal Optional Night? Maybe on the May 4th we will only have 1 Formal Optional night as well?

Many thanks for the quick reply ST, now I'll have to decide whether or not to bring mine. I think I'll wait and see how the weight of the luggage is looking when I do my packing next week.

Looking forward to trying the pizzas and of course the NS! :)

Simon

Departure from Valencia, Spain Enroute to Barcelona;

We have jst left the beautiful port of Valencia, Spain under 25C weather and sunny skies and are about to drop off the harbour master (pilot) after the breakwaters. We have over 176 nautical miles before we reach the harbour entry tomorrow morning at approx. 6:00am and take on our pilot and be tied up along the International Centre in Barcelona.

The sea predictions for tonight are calm swells and low winds from the South making for a very comfortable night at sea. We plan on going one last time to the Patio Grill around 8:00pm for the infamous Calamari Pizza and to say goodbye to some of the crew that have almost become extended Family to us especially now knowing that we will be coming back for an extended 20 more days as of May 4th.

The mood onboard is very quiet this afternoon/tonight except for the laundry room today whereby there was a cat fight over the use of two dryers by one individual...MADONNA!:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes: I had forgotten to wash two pair of pants that could have waited and these two botoxed blue haired "madames" decided to have it out in the laundry room about proper etiquette on the use of one dryer per person etc....:confused::eek: Was just like Alexis and Crystal on Dynasty in a laundry matt!...LOL

More to come alter tonight from the Sojourn now enroute to Barcelona, Spain.

Although I will admit to using the laundry a couple of times on our recent Odyssey cruise, the new $50/bag of laundry deal certainly saved me a number of additional trips.

Dinning Options Onboard Tonight;

The Restaurant

First Course

Snow Crab & Avocado Salad, spicy guacamole, tomato coulis and confit

Seared Veal Carpaccio, young spinach, pesto vinaigrette, parmesan shavings

Seafood Tempura, roasted mango and sesame dipping sauce

Tuscan Style White Bean & Vegetable Soup, meat balls, escarole, garlic croutons

Artichoke Bisque, polenta and spinach fritters, bacon lardons

Raw Apple & Celery Salad, toasted walnut compote, puppy seed-lemon dressing

Belgian Endive Salad with Red Beet Relish, goat cheese mousse, aplle crisp

Main Course

Seared Codfish with Truffled Spaghetti, roasted carrots and greens

Char Grilled Jumbo Shrimp, saffron risotto with tender young greens

Crisp Roasted Chicken Breast, sauteed morels, pommes dauphine, tarragon scented chicken jus

Roasted Prime Rib of Beef, melted leeks, potatoes and carrots, crisps onion rings, jus natural

Vegetarian- Potato Leek Crepes with Gruyere, young vegetables and garlic confit

Restaurant 2;

SAME AS the PAST 3 NIGHTS....YAWNNNNN!!

The Colonnade- ITALIAN

APPETIZERS

Seared Beef Carpaccio, Pesto, Bitter Greens

Marinated Tomatoes, Parmesan Shavings

or

Porcini Truffle Stuffed Cannelloni

Baked with Alfredo Sauce

or

Minestrone, Prosciutto, Tiny Pasta

Tapenade Crostini

MAIN COURSE

Seared Swordfish Steak "Sicilian Style"

Chili Capers & Olives, Basil & Lobster Gnocchi

or

Slow Roasted Veal Osso Bucco,

Porcini Risotto Red Wine Sauce

DESSERTS

Tiramisu, Fresh Raspberries

Almond Amaretti

or

Marinated Strawberries, Mascarpone Ice Cream

Orange Biscotti

PATIO GRILL-AL FRESCO

APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Buffalo Mozzarella, Roma Tomatoes, Aged Balsamic

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salsify and Salami Milano Cocktail

Grilled Marinated Vegetables

Seared Beef Carpaccio, Pickled Artichokes

Pesto Citrus Dressing

PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)

Frutti di Mare

Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, calamari

Clams and Shrimps, Garlic Onions

PASTA

Fettuccini Pesto, Red Bliss Potatoes

String Beans

FROM THE GRILL

Garlic and Herb Marinated Pork Chop

Pancetta Wrapped Veal Tenderloin

Grilled Branzino

Lamb Rack Chops 10 oz

SIDINGS

Harricot Vert, Tomato Paprika Ragout

Lyonnais Potatoes

SAUCES

Bernaise, Balsamic Jus

DESSERTS

Assorted Cheese

Tiramisu

Lemon Pana Cotta

Fresh Fruits

Ice Cream & Sorbet

Dinning Options Onboard Tonight;

The Restaurant

First Course

Snow Crab & Avocado Salad, spicy guacamole, tomato coulis and confit

Seared Veal Carpaccio, young spinach, pesto vinaigrette, parmesan shavings

Seafood Tempura, roasted mango and sesame dipping sauce

Tuscan Style White Bean & Vegetable Soup, meat balls, escarole, garlic croutons

Artichoke Bisque, polenta and spinach fritters, bacon lardons

Raw Apple & Celery Salad, toasted walnut compote, puppy seed-lemon dressing

Belgian Endive Salad with Red Beet Relish, goat cheese mousse, aplle crisp

Main Course

Seared Codfish with Truffled Spaghetti, roasted carrots and greens

Char Grilled Jumbo Shrimp, saffron risotto with tender young greens

Crisp Roasted Chicken Breast, sauteed morels, pommes dauphine, tarragon scented chicken jus

Roasted Prime Rib of Beef, melted leeks, potatoes and carrots, crisps onion rings, jus natural

Vegetarian- Potato Leek Crepes with Gruyere, young vegetables and garlic confit

Restaurant 2;

SAME AS the PAST 3 NIGHTS....YAWNNNNN!!

The Colonnade- ITALIAN

APPETIZERS

Seared Beef Carpaccio, Pesto, Bitter Greens

Marinated Tomatoes, Parmesan Shavings

or

Porcini Truffle Stuffed Cannelloni

Baked with Alfredo Sauce

or

Minestrone, Prosciutto, Tiny Pasta

Tapenade Crostini

MAIN COURSE

Seared Swordfish Steak "Sicilian Style"

Chili Capers & Olives, Basil & Lobster Gnocchi

or

Slow Roasted Veal Osso Bucco,

Porcini Risotto Red Wine Sauce

DESSERTS

Tiramisu, Fresh Raspberries

Almond Amaretti

or

Marinated Strawberries, Mascarpone Ice Cream

Orange Biscotti

PATIO GRILL-AL FRESCO

APPETIZERS (FROM THE BUFFET)

Buffalo Mozzarella, Roma Tomatoes, Aged Balsamic

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salsify and Salami Milano Cocktail

Grilled Marinated Vegetables

Seared Beef Carpaccio, Pickled Artichokes

Pesto Citrus Dressing

PIZZA (FROM THE BUFFET)

Frutti di Mare

Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, calamari

Clams and Shrimps, Garlic Onions

PASTA

Fettuccini Pesto, Red Bliss Potatoes

String Beans

FROM THE GRILL

Garlic and Herb Marinated Pork Chop

Pancetta Wrapped Veal Tenderloin

Grilled Branzino

Lamb Rack Chops 10 oz

SIDINGS

Harricot Vert, Tomato Paprika Ragout

Lyonnais Potatoes

SAUCES

Bernaise, Balsamic Jus

DESSERTS

Assorted Cheese

Tiramisu

Lemon Pana Cotta

Fresh Fruits

Ice Cream & Sorbet

Roxburg and RNH;

I can't for the likes of me remember thsi new guys name but he has only come onboard 2 weeks ago and is new to the Patio Grill. He is AMAZING and I don't like thin crust Pizza but could have a meal of it everyday with this guy on deck.

Going again tonight one last time because he will be making that infamous Calamari Pizza and will ask for his name and report back to you all on here.:eek:

ST: do find out his name and ask him if he learned from Jerry! Rosburgh is right and i am a huge pizza fan also. I usually love gourmet pizzas of all types and particularly the calamari but Jerry's crust is so good that the thin crust pizza he makes with just tomato and cheese is like eating candy! This guy needs to teach the recent patio grill people on Quest and Odyssey. Maybe you can find out a little of his background. Thanks.

ST: do find out his name and ask him if he learned from Jerry! Rosburgh is right and i am a huge pizza fan also. I usually love gourmet pizzas of all types and particularly the calamari but Jerry's crust is so good that the thin crust pizza he makes with just tomato and cheese is like eating candy! This guy needs to teach the recent patio grill people on Quest and Odyssey. Maybe you can find out a little of his background. Thanks.

RNH;

Just came back from the Patio Grill and the guy's name here onboard is Arnold who BTW, Jerry did teach him as well. I made it a point to mention this guy to the Hotel Manager that it is the BEST tasting PIZZA I have ever had on land and/or sea for thin crust Pizza. This new guy is Philippino and puts so much passion and love when he makes these pizzas you can see he enjoys what he does honestly.

RNH;

Just came back from the Patio Grill and the guy's name here onboard is Arnold who BTW, Jerry did teach him as well. I made it a point to mention this guy to the Hotel Manager that it is the BEST tasting PIZZA I have ever had on land and/or sea for thin crust Pizza. This new guy is Philippino and puts so much passion and love when he makes these pizzas you can see he enjoys what he does honestly.

Excellent. Now Seabourn just needs to fix the pizza on Odyssey :)

Excellent. Now Seabourn just needs to fix the pizza on Odyssey :)
Yes, you are right....maybe that is next step. I complained (nicely) a few times and then gave up because I could see they just didn't get it. The lady that was in charge of the Patio Grill tried to please, but....I quit saying anything because I know she cringed when she saw me coming. If they have two fixed, maybe there is hope!! Seabourn, are you listening????? (I do wonder how it will be on the smaller ships...I haven't been on one since "Jerry" but it's coming. It would be a great signature for all the ships.

BIG ANNOUCEMENT IS.....Drummmmm rrroolllllllsssssss!

I just booked the Sojourn to come back after the Charter cruise that begins tomorrow in Barcelona (they are having for one week for Sanofi-Aventis pharmaceutical) and I am reboarding in Civitavecchia on May 4th for 20 FABULOUS MORE DAYS onboard Sojourn doing the 20 Day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn!:D

NO WAY!!!! We are boarding on the 12th! Wonderful news! MUST get together. I have loved reading your blog. Just wondering, did you book an A1?

NO WAY!!!! We are boarding on the 12th! Wonderful news! MUST get together. I have loved reading your blog. Just wondering, did you book an A1?

purpleally;

For the first cruise May 4th, 8 days I booked a CAT SA on a GTY and the May 12th cruise I booked a CAT V1 on a GTY because the CAT's A's, A1's and V1's were all the same price and I got my cabin assignment yesterday and they were very kind too me again and kept me in the same cabin for both cruises and upgraded me to a CAT V6 Midship!;):eek:;)

Sure, we should meet and have a drink!:D

What is your work-a-day occupation that you can spend so much time on Seabourn? We who are green with envy would love to know.

As I would say " I do as little as possible" with a straight face on!:D

I can do my work anywhere providing that I have a satelite connection and telephony as well.

Are the pizzas available on the smaller triplets or just the newer trio?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?goebkc

You can get the same pizza's sort of on the Triplets but only a Pizza Margherrita from Room Service which is thin crust as well but not baked in the same kind of Pizza Overn's as they have on the larger Ships.

Day 15: Arrival Barcelona, Spain

Good mroning for one last time from "Sleepy Seabourn Sqaure" here on the Sojourn. We have just taken our pilot onboard out here past the breakwaters of Barcelona and are making our way ever so slowly towards the city coastline. We are scheduled to dcok at the International Trade Centre instead of the Port of Barcelona or Puerto Adosado (where all the cruiseships berth).

Kevin just handed me my last choclate muffin and double espresso americano for the last time (well at least not for the next 7 days). The weather forecast for Barcelona is calling for 40% chance of rain and high of 22C or 72F. Let's hope that changes.

Will be going up for breaskfast by 8:00am and getting off the ship by 9:30am and heading to our Hotel.

More to come later this morning from the Sojourn about to arrive in the beautiful city of Barcelona.

Here's the itinerary starting in a weeks time Friday May 4th in Civitavecchia, Italy.

20 Day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn

0 04 May 2012 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 05:00 PM

1 05 May 2012 Portovenere, Italy TR 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

2 06 May 2012 Sanary sur-Mer, France TR 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

3 07 May 2012 Barcelona, Spain 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

4 08 May 2012 At Sea (Mediterranean Sea) CO

5 09 May 2012 Malaga, Spain 07:00 AM 08:00 PM

6 10 May 2012 Cadiz (Seville), Spain 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

7 11 May 2012 Portimao, Portugal 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

8 12 May 2012 Lisbon, Portugal 07:00 AM 05:00 PM

9 13 May 2012 Leixoes (Porto), Portugal 08:00 AM 04:00 PM

10 14 May 2012 A Coruna, Spain 09:00 AM 08:00 PM

11 15 May 2012 At Sea (Atlantic Ocean) CO

12 16 May 2012 Cobh (Cork), Ireland 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

13 17 May 2012 Dublin, Ireland 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

14 18 May 2012 At Sea (Atlantic Ocean) CO

15 19 May 2012 Invergordon, Scotland 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

16 20 May 2012 Leith (Edinburgh), UK 11:00 AM 08:00 PM

17 21 May 2012 Newcastle upon Tyne, England 08:00 AM 06:00 PM

18 22 May 2012 At Sea (North Sea) CO

19 23 May 2012 Delfzijl (Groningen), Netherlands 07:00 AM 03:00 PM

20 24 May 2012 Hamburg, Germany 07:00 AM

Arrival, Barcelona;

We have just arrived and are now tied up alongside our pier here in front of the International Trade Centre right beside the W Hotel which I can see in the background from Seabourn Square windows. The sun is just starting to rise here in Barcelona and I hope the weather forecast is wrong!

I have been informed that everyone needs to be off the ship by no later than 9:30am since they are turning the ship over to the Charter clients Sanofi-Aventis for 10:00am.

More to come later this morning here in Barcelona, Spain on the Sojourn in our final hours onboard.:eek::mad::eek:

And thanks for the entertainment over the last two weeks - looking forward to more of the same when you reboard your home away from home next week! I am sure you will have a fabulous voyage around the beautiful Island we call home, and cued mile failte to the land of whisky, haggis, tartan and of course La Fairbourne!

Safe travels and sunny days ... :D

ST, it was lovely to meet you both on the good ship Sojourn. Have a safe journey home (and back!). I'm already looking forward to the next blog. Maybe see you on a future cruise?

DottieD and OH

DottieD it was equally a pleasure to meet you both on the Sojourn. Maybe we will see each other again on another Seabourn Ship soon!:D

Safe travels home today to the UK.

Archived