Anyone used Sea Song for a private guide in Istanbul?

I am planning to use them in September. They have come highly recommended by my friend. I have received quotes from other people regarding private tours and they are no more expensive as they include all entrance fees etc. Plus they provide transportation whereas some of the others use public transportation. It seems more convenient to me.

I am planning to use them in September. They have come highly recommended by my friend. I have received quotes from other people regarding private tours and they are no more expensive as they include all entrance fees etc. Plus they provide transportation whereas some of the others use public transportation. It seems more convenient to me.

You may want to re-think that. Traffic and parking are terrible in Istanbul. Usually you can get from one point to another much faster by using the tram, which has dedicated tracks. If you are in a vehicle, you'll be stuck in traffic much longer.

I had quotes fron five agencies for the exact same tours (as specified by me) for three days. All included entrance fees and transportation. The prices ranged from $635 to $243 per person. According to reviews, all have equally competent guides.

Yes, they were all private tours for 2. For one full and two (long) half days of touring the prices per person were:

Seasong $575, Simply Turkey $393, Kosagan $614, Ekol $389, Ephesus Shuttle $253.

Write a description of the tours you want and email them to each company specifying private, admissions included, etc. They all replied promptly. Also include transportation to or from the airport if needed (we did).

Hi Marazul,

We went with Windstar because we just love the itinerary. We have been on them before and really enjoyed it although I must say it was hard not to choose Seabourn as we love cruising with them. We are on the Istanbul to Athens itinerary in September which has stops that we prefer over the Seabourn itinerary. Which one are you going on? I had checked out Sea Song for Istanbul and have a jampacked full day (although comfortable doing things on our own we are only in Istanbul a short time and want to learn as much as possible) for $480 all in except lunch. It is a little more expensive than some of the quotes I received but comes so well recommended that I thought they might be a good choice.

Emilee, I hope you post about your trip upon return. We will be sailing on the Wind Spirit (Istanbul to Athens) but not until next year - probably May 25. So, I will be very interested in your experiences with the various ports and guides you have chosen.

Archived