Toe Ring

K8sMom

I have never worn a toe ring and never expected to but maybe I will. But I need some toe ring "do's and don'ts". Which is the "proper" toe to wear the ring on? Is it worn way down at the bottom of the toe by the foot or closer to the top of the toe? I have seen it both ways.

My wife wears them and they are on the toe next to her big toe (would that be your pointer toe?). As far as where they go, I think you put them on and they go where they want. Like a ring on your finger they will find the place they want to be and pretty much stay there. I personally like toe rings if you have cute feet and my wife has the cutest I have ever seen.:)

Hi,

I'm 40 and I love my toe rings! We have a place here in So Cal called Laguna Beach which has a toe ring lady who actually fits them perfectly for you.

Advice from her..

realize the ring will be a bit uncomfortable at first. Start with one thin one and work your way up. I wear 5 thin ones in coordinating styles on one toe.

The ring should not be sliding around too much. It should be tight enough to stay pretty still but not be so tight you get a sausage toe. Remember, in the heat your toes will swell.

I don't think there is a rule about which toe to wear them on but all my friends do wear them on the pointer toe next to the big toe. It seems to be the most comfy and cute.

Good Luck

A:D

I love toe rings! I study Middle Eastern Dance (commonly known as bellydance) and I wore toe rings before they came into recent fashion. I wear mine on the co-captain, next to the big toe, or captain toe!:D

WHY?! If you like them, wear them!! Just please make sure your feet are well taken care of! Clean, pedicured, etc. I'm 46 and wear toe rings and ankle bracelets. If all my work at the gym ever pays off and I get the tummy I'm hoping for, there may be a belly ring in my future!! :D

Life is TOO SHORT! Enjoy it while you can! If somebody doesn't like it, they don't have to look at it.:)

I can't believe someone said 25 is too old for a toe ring. I just turned 29 and I don't feel a bit older than 25 and actually probably look better than when I was 25 due to working out and Weight Watchers.

I have worn a toe ring on the toe next to the big toe for probably 4 years now. I went to a jewlery store and tried them on until I found one that just barely fit over the fatter part at the end of your toe. This way once it gets past that point it won't fall off yet it can move freely. I never take my toe ring off.

Blue Heron

Your just getting killed on this one!! I do respect your opinion but a toe ring is not really any different then then a ring on your thumb or a bunch of funky red hilights in your hair. If you have a youthful attitude and great pedicure you can ROCK the toe rings!!

I think you would be apalled at my 40 year old body covered with tattoos and multiple piercings!!!!:eek:

Kidding!!

A:D :D

I love my toe rings! I wear mine on my "pointer toe" because that's wear it's comfortable but I'd say wear it wherever it feels comfortable. They have some invisi ones made with what looks like fishing line that I think would be pretty comfy to start off with.

I love my toe ring, and never take it off. It is narrow, gold, in a hibiscus design. My granddaughter, two daughters and I had them fitted in Kona, Hawaii about 3 yrs ago -- they convinced me by saying it was a bonding thing! We took a cute picture of our four toe-ringed feet in a circle for the scrapbook. I thought I would just wear it for that vacation, but really grew to love it. It's on the second toe, and seems to settle into the same position by itself, just below the first joint. Not tight, but never slips off.

TIP: the person who fitted it told us to use windex to make it slide on and off easily.

I wear a silver toe ring on the "pointer toe" of my right foot. It was a gift from DH (when he was still dear boyfriend) cuz he thinks I have cute feet (i have to say, my feet are one of my best features :) I don't wear it in winter, though, since it rubs a little too much under favorite pointed toe boots.

I've worn one for 10 years although after losing 60 pounds I need to get a new one. I would suggest not buying the adjustable ones if you have a little "fat pad" on the top of your toes. Those kind tend to pinch the tootsies.

i wear toe rings all the time but i dont like the gold or silver ones, i like the kind that have the little stretchy ring to hold it on your toe.

i usually wear toe brights or twinsies. both of them have websites. www.toebrights.com and www.twinsies.com

they have all sorta sparkly ones. you can buy them online, or in boutiques and places like nordstrom. i usually wear on my 3rd toe.

Archived