Cruise Age (Interesting Question)

NyYankees

Hello all,

Okay. I'm 19, and I want to go on a cruise with all my other friends who are 19 also. I've read all the rules about age limits and stuff but basically we can only go on "crappy" cruise lines at my age. My question is like what if my Dad booked it. When I go to the cruise to board, what are they going to do deny my enterance, I've been on 2 cruises with my family before. Is there away to "cheat" this way. I'm not a irresponsible teenager. I just want to go on a vacation.

Thanks.

Hello all,

Okay. I'm 19, and I want to go on a cruise with all my other friends who are 19 also. I've read all the rules about age limits and stuff but basically we can only go on "crappy" cruise lines at my age. My question is like what if my Dad booked it. When I go to the cruise to board, what are they going to do deny my enterance, I've been on 2 cruises with my family before. Is there away to "cheat" this way. I'm not a irresponsible teenager. I just want to go on a vacation.

Thanks.

This is from the Carnival website

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Policy.aspx

How old do you have to be to travel alone?spacer.gifGuests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Married minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple is married. The couple must have proof of marriage at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union minor couple - The booking must be documented that the couple are legal Domestic Partners/Same-Sex Union. The couple must have legal proof of partnership/union at embarkation or they will be denied boarding without the benefit of a refund.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

The Group policy is slightly different because of stricter group terms and conditions including mandatory chaperones, damage deposits and other considerations.

spacer.gif

haha thanks. i still think its not fair that they dont let a 19 year go by themselves.. but i can see why... most 19 years arent as mature as I am.. and are probally destructive on the boat.. i guess i can't blame.. poopie for me though.. i really wanna go on a cruise this summer :(

thanks for the fast responce.. oh yeah is princess cruise line good for someone my age? i think i can go on them.. ive on on RCCL and Carnival..

RCCL = the best.

To the best of my knowledge, the only cruise lines that will let you book without a person 25 or older (if someone in the cabin is under 21) are Princess and Disney. I would not consider either of thes lines crappy. I really don't know if they would still let you board if you showed up without a chaperon. Perhaps someone else could enlighten you on that question. However, please remember the person who is your intended chaperon will be liable for whatever may happen during the cruise.

I'm not saying you or your friends are irrresponsible in any way, I don't know you and I don't like to pass judgement onto anyone. However, historically cruise lines have had problems with young adult groups, they do not book them for good reason.

I know it's not what you really want to hear, but if you and your group of friends really want to take a group cruise with no chaperon, you will have to wait at least two more years.

My question is like what if my Dad booked it. When I go to the cruise to board, what are they going to do deny my enterance,

That is exactly what they would do; and they would do it without refunding any of your money.

I love the juxtaposition of:

most 19 years arent as mature as I am..
with
that same sex marriage/underage marriage is crap.. if there going to not allow 19 years.. it should be all 19 years.. any 19 year old that is married is dumb anyways (my opinion)

I guess NY Yankees think they know everything! :D

most 19 years arent as mature as I am..

• ...deny my enterance,
  • ...not a irresponsible teenager
  • ...most 19 years arent (no apostrophe)
  • ...and are probally
  • ...poopie for me though
  • ...really wanna go
  • thanks for the fast responce

...or nearly as smart, I am certain! :cool:

Do they not teach spelling and grammar in New York???

They are very strict on this rule.:)

...for good reason! :rolleyes:

hahahaha

im just typing this AINT my english 203 class

but u know whats funny all the other posts on here like this one i was reading how if kids under 21 should be aloud to try..

u guys are a bunch of old adults.. youre the one who needs to grow up you fight on this forum like a bunch of 15 year old kids.. so shut up

and no i dont know everything.. i just think thats not fair...

cruises are basically saying that underage married couples are more responsible then underage kids in general.. I think thats dumb if you dont like it shut up

someone always has to say something arguementive

grow up you old grandpas

thanks to the people who acutally answered my question..

not like the rest that just want to start an arguement..

get a life..

your probally 30..

LOL I won't even address the spelling but will say that I can remember when I thought 30 was old.........amazing how the passing of years can change that perspective....... :D

now.......back to the original question.......I saw someone post on here not long ago with the same problem.......I believe he found a land vacation that worked for him - flew to Cancun or Cozumel and stayed at a hotel that did not have the age restrictions cruise lines have......might be an alternative?

NyYankees; Even though I'm a Red Sox fan, I will give you my opinion.:)

I think that the land vacation idea is a good option to look into. Especially since you can get a good deal on an 'all inclusive'. When I was in H.S., many of my friends went to the Caribbean in the Spring. I never could afford it. Either way, being responsible is the most important thing. I have a teen daughter and, though she is very responsible, I know I would still worry about her, if she were overseas on her own. So many things can happen. Whatever you do, be careful! Good luck with your plans!;)

thanks for the help guys/gals

just for your info.. if you have college students children check this out

http://www.flyi.com

independence air lines

pay 250 to join

flight unlimited flights east of mississippi on tues. wed. and sat. and just pay the tax ($20-$40) round trip

you pay 20 for each flight if you live in dc because thats their hub but if you connect at dc you pay 40 each round trip

its a sweet deal i already got it.. just check it out

see ya. thanks

Ny yankees,

I just turned 21 a few months ago so I can relate. I remember my freshman year of college when I was 19 and my friends and I wanted to take a cruise together for spring break but we called cruise lines and they didn't let us.

they're really strict about this.

NyYankees, Thanks for the chuckle! You are right, I am old, 51, with 2 teens. They never tell me to shut up. I distinctly remember feeling just as you do now and I cannot believe I am this old now. If you live a healthy life and don't get into a car accident or worse, you will someday be my age, too. It all happens a whole lot faster than you can ever imagine.

So, have fun with your friends, build some memories you can look back on during the years when you are too busy to party hearty! Unfortunately, it can't be a cruise for a couple of years. But, stay safe, we old people really want you to stick around.

p.s. a word of advise, I don't argue with people over their spelling, I'm sure mine isn't perfect, but people will take you more serious if you try a little harder.

thanks to the people who acutally answered my question..

not like the rest that just want to start an arguement..

get a life..

your probally 30..

Nope, I'm happily past that milestone, maybe you will be so lucky one day! :)

(And, it is argument)

...I think thats dumb if you dont like it shut up

grow up you old grandpas

I believe you mean argumentative. :cool:

Yes, I have been guilty of typos, myself, but I don't believe I have ever told someone on a board or forum to "shut up"... It is best to try to explain yourself -- or your position -- rather than taking the "childish" way out.

:o An attitude like that should get you a really great, high paying job someday! Personally I wouldn't hire anyone who let typing like that slide by and wouldn't check it or make corrections.

Oh...I'm 'old', too! I'm 46 and have a mature 18 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter. Both can spell and know their grammar....:)

Bottom line is this: I don't care how mature you seem to think you are, Cruise lines will not allow young adults under 21 to travel alone.

Can we drop it all now?!:confused:

hahahaha

im just typing this AINT my english 203 class

but u know whats funny all the other posts on here like this one i was reading how if kids under 21 should be aloud to try..

u guys are a bunch of old adults.. youre the one who needs to grow up you fight on this forum like a bunch of 15 year old kids.. so shut up

and no i dont know everything.. i just think thats not fair...

cruises are basically saying that underage married couples are more responsible then underage kids in general.. I think thats dumb if you dont like it shut up

grow up you old grandpas

Well, I'm 24 and at 19, was infinitely more mature than you're showing yourself to be. If you want be considered a mature adult, even if you're not "legally" so, ranting on people like this is not the way to do it. Just a friendly word of advice :)

Well, I'm 24 and at 19, was infinitely more mature than you're showing yourself to be. If you want be considered a mature adult, even if you're not "legally" so, ranting on people like this is not the way to do it. Just a friendly word of advice :)

I tend to agree. At 19, I wasn't perfect, but far more mature than to rant and on a message board after receiving advice. Guess I was taught to respect elders, seen or unseen :rolleyes: This is probably one of the reasons that cruise lines have the restrictions that they have at this point. The irony comes in when it is proclaimed that one is soooo mature and in the next sentence the above post is spewwed from your keyboard. I am in my early twenties as well, and I find your posts to be a bit over the top, especially the "shut up" and "you're probably 30" statements. But I digress. Maybe you should try the land vacations instead, have fun with your friends, enjoy your youth, and be safe. All that other mess, "is for the birds", if you know what I mean....good luck to ya ;)

Archived