Cruise Age (Interesting Question)

NyYankees

cruises are basically saying that underage married couples are more responsible then underage kids in general.. I think thats dumb if you dont like it shut up

Actually, the cruise lines aren't saying it. Statistics and actuarial tables tell the story. That's why young singles, for instance, pay higher car insurance rates than married couples at the same age. That's why car rental companies often won't even rent a car to people under the age of 25. It's all based on statistics, which tells businesses that marriage changes people. As a rule, it forces them to grow up faster, which means that a married 19-yr-old is probably more responsible than a single 19-yr-old. It may not be true in ALL instances, but it provides a guideline, which is all a business can do.

NYYankees, if you have the money and your friends really want to go on a vacation together, do as another poster suggested and try a land based vacation.

You can get some really good deals on TravelZoo.com.

BTW, I don't mind helping someone out, but telling people to shut up and to go jump off a bridge are some of the reasons cruise lines have age restrictions.

I know it's hard to see it our (the old "grandpas" :) ) way right now, but cruise lines have to take maturity into consideration. It is mostly for safety reasons, though. There are some sick people out there that prey on younger people, especially women.

So wherever you and your friends decide to go, please be careful and watch out for each other.

Archived