Cabin set up

butternut1

Good morning,

Ok, we are about to book the Celebrity Equinox for the first time. We are going to book on deck 8 with a Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom Veranda. We just discovered that not all cabins are arranged the same way. Some have the beds closest to the veranda while others have the bed closest to the bathroom.Can anyone please tell me which is better (if one is better than the other) and why they think this? I would really appreciate any information or opinion that you can give me. Thanks so much and have a wonderful week-end.

I have a slight preference for the bed near the balcony as I spend more time in bed while in the stateroom then anywhere else, so maximize the view a balcony stateroom affords. It is not all that important to me though and I probably would not even factor bed location into my decision of which room to select.

When we were recently on Silhouette, our bed was near the closet and while there was adequate room between the closet and the bed, we would have preferred to have the bed closer to the balcony. It is mostly a matter of personal preference however and the location of the bed probably would not be a deal breaker for us. We did find storage space on Silhouette, not counting the storage bins above the bed, to be sorely limited for a 12 night cruise.

I think it is largely a matter of personal preference. We have only had the bed near the balcony but found it a little cramped to walk through the sitting area all the time, the sitting area is a little narrower than the part of the cabin with the bed. We had to remove the small cocktail table to make it easier to navigate. On the next cruise, we've opted for the bed closer to the bath as we will probably spend more time in the sitting area and on the balcony.

My personal preference is the bed near the bathroom and the couch and coffee table near the balcony doors. Easier to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night and to transfer glasses/food from coffee table to balcony table without having to negotiate the bed! Seems a more functional set up for us - but as said - it all comes down to personal preference.

The cabin configurations alternate by room. But if I were sailing Equinox I'd be happy no matter what the bed configuration - beautiful ship! Enjoy!

Room size is the same but the section with the bed is wider than that with the sofa. After taking Silhouette and getting random pick we wound up with bed by window. While it meant walking past bed to go to balcony, it also provided more contiguous space for getting dressed with the bathroom, closet, and open space together. And you can entertain guests without them walking past the bed. Trade-off is not having balcony contiguous to sofa when entertaining and wanting to be both inside and outside. Considering that newer ships no longer have lights on balconies, that restricts outside entertainment a bit.

How to tell what you'll have: Check the sticky thread with detailed descriptions. Also, if you can figure out which are the paired cabins for adjoining: the cabin on the left when looking from the corridor will have the bed closest to the window.

j

Awesome information. I thank each of you for your replies and all of the helpful information. I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond. Thanks to your help, we have now made a decision and am booking our cruise. THANKS again to everyone!!

Room size is the same but the section with the bed is wider than that with the sofa. After taking Silhouette and getting random pick we wound up with bed by window. While it meant walking past bed to go to balcony, it also provided more contiguous space for getting dressed with the bathroom, closet, and open space together. And you can entertain guests without them walking past the bed. Trade-off is not having balcony contiguous to sofa when entertaining and wanting to be both inside and outside. Considering that newer ships no longer have lights on balconies, that restricts outside entertainment a bit.

How to tell what you'll have: Check the sticky thread with detailed descriptions. Also, if you can figure out which are the paired cabins for adjoining: the cabin on the left when looking from the corridor will have the bed closest to the window.

j

We are in adjoining cabin so your information helped us find out that we have the bed closest to the balcony, which is what we were hoping for. Thanks!

We had bed by balcony and didn't like it at all--made the cabin very closed in to us. With the bed by the bath, you have a nice open living area with the couch and desk opening out onto the balcony. It felt way too chopped up to us--our only requirement on our next cruise was that we got bed by the bath. So, obviously a matter of personal preference.

Archived