Do we need to pack beach towels? Sailing Fantasy...

cbaker444

Hi all,

This is our first cruise ever & we're sailing in 2 weeks on the Fantasy to Western Caribbean (depart on 4/28/2012).

Do we need to pack beach towels for the days we're docked in Grand Cayman, Mexico, etc.?

What kind of beach towels are available on the ship for using at pool areas? Are they small or large?

Thanks!

Hi all,

This is our first cruise ever & we're sailing in 2 weeks on the Fantasy to Western Caribbean (depart on 4/28/2012).

Do we need to pack beach towels for the days we're docked in Grand Cayman, Mexico, etc.?

What kind of beach towels are available on the ship for using at pool areas? Are they small or large?

Thanks!

I have not cruised DCL but cruised 2 summers ago on Carnival (with my 10 year old daughter)

So while I can't answer for Disney, I can say that Carnival provided beach towels to bring with you. That being said, they were big, thick and heavy! Which in theory would be nice but it is hot and you are stuck carrying them with you!

A friend gave us this tip and it was perfect....

Bring a sarong (or purchase one at your first port). They serve a dual purpose....you can wear it, you can put it down on the sand if you want and it shakes the sand off easily, you can dry off with it and it dries quickly in the warm Caribbean air/sun.

We did buy one cheap (cost and quality) beach towel in Belize....good souvenier and as the quality wasn't the best, it is lightweight and easy to carry, dry from day to day.

Hope this helps!

You won't need them, DCL supplies them for the pool and Castaway Cay. They aren't huge but not small either. They'll give you as many as you want or need. It's not like some other cruise lines where you get one per person left in your stateroom and can't have any more than that.

Do you get them at the other ports too?

Just found the answer to my own question on the Mom's Panel. "If you are stopping at Castaway Cay there will be stacks (& stacks & stacks) of beach towels available for your use when you get off of the ship. Take as many as you need. For other port adventures, feel free to grab some beach towels out of the wooden bins on the pool deck. When you return to the ship you don't even have to take them back to the deck. Just leave them in your stateroom and your host will take care of it."

Just found the answer to my own question on the Mom's Panel. "If you are stopping at Castaway Cay there will be stacks (& stacks & stacks) of beach towels available for your use when you get off of the ship. Take as many as you need. For other port adventures, feel free to grab some beach towels out of the wooden bins on the pool deck. When you return to the ship you don't even have to take them back to the deck. Just leave them in your stateroom and your host will take care of it."

When you take towels for the shore excursions in the ports, there is generally a bin you can drop them in as soon as you board the ship, no need to take them to your room.

:)

Archived