ES price drop guaranteed. Why do we have to do the work?

thomarvin

They do it because they can get away with it.

I was in the market for a car. I went into the dealership and all the sales personnel were standing around. Cars were not selling. I was looking at the cars and was finally approached by one. Went into his cubical and asked about a car and the options. He said that he didn't have the time to go thru all of that and I should go and get some prices and he will match the best one. I said that I will do that and I will buy from the one that gives me the best price. That dealership closed 2 years later.

Every store does that. They will offer a price match if you buy, find the same item at a better price and it is advertised. Problem is many stores will have a item that is the same but will have a different model number. Seem this with TV. There were 3 big chain stores selling the same exact TV but the model number was made for their store. This was discovered on the TV manufacture's website. It listed the specific model number for each store for the same TV.

I've been checking on ours daily, but so far it's been the exact same price since I booked (about 2-3 weeks ago). There are 20 rooms currently left in our category and we sail in 5mths so I don't know if that's good/bad for our odds of finding a lower price, but I'm going to keep checking since it can't hurt.

Glad you posted this though b/c we got the ES rate and I didn't realize we had to submit a form vs call in. So as long as you have a screen shot printed off of the price and send it in w/ your form you should be alright? I mean by the time they receive the form that price may be gone so I'm hoping that I'm correct that the screen shot is sufficient.

If the price drops for your cruise (same cabin category), you will submit the price protection form online. There is nothing to attach at that time. I ALWAYS take a screen shot of the price & email it to myself in case of problems. I've never had a problem & needed it though.

They do it because they can get away with it.

I was in the market for a car. I went into the dealership and all the sales personnel were standing around. Cars were not selling. I was looking at the cars and was finally approached by one. Went into his cubical and asked about a car and the options. He said that he didn't have the time to go thru all of that and I should go and get some prices and he will match the best one. I said that I will do that and I will buy from the one that gives me the best price. That dealership closed 2 years later.

Every store does that. They will offer a price match if you buy, find the same item at a better price and it is advertised. Problem is many stores will have a item that is the same but will have a different model number. Seem this with TV. There were 3 big chain stores selling the same exact TV but the model number was made for their store. This was discovered on the TV manufacture's website. It listed the specific model number for each store for the same TV.

I would suspect that there is some very small, trivial difference between the 3 TVs. Maybe one of the components is a different brand.

If the price drops for your cruise (same cabin category), you will submit the price protection form online. There is nothing to attach at that time. I ALWAYS take a screen shot of the price & email it to myself in case of problems. I've never had a problem & needed it though.

How do you do this :confused:? I sent the page to my email with the listing showing the prices, but all I see when I check the email is the first part that you have to fill in with ship, date, etc. It won't show the amounts so that I have proof of the price drops :rolleyes:. I am using Google Chrome (if that makes a difference).

How do you do this :confused:? I sent the page to my email with the listing showing the prices, but all I see when I check the email is the first part that you have to fill in with ship, date, etc. It won't show the amounts so that I have proof of the price drops :rolleyes:. I am using Google Chrome (if that makes a difference).

I get a screen capture of WHERE I saw the price drop on carnival.com & email it to myself.

There are a few different ways to get a screen capture; I just hit the Control+PrintScreen keys, open a blank email, and right-click Paste that screen shot into an email & send it to myself. I only do this so that I can have proof of what the price was at the time I submitted the price protection form to them online.

I'm in the same scenario. My wife and I have an aft wrap on the spirit and for one, all the cabins are sold out, which means I can't even check the prices to see if there's a drop. So, basically I'm screwed, haha!!

Wait a minute...

You are in an aft wrap?

Then there is no possible way you are screwed! :rolleyes:

Enjoy! :D

GP

There are a few different ways to get a screen capture; I just hit the Control+PrintScreen keys, open a blank email, and right-click Paste that screen shot into an email & send it to myself. I only do this so that I can have proof of what the price was at the time I submitted the price protection form to them online.

This is going to sound really ignorant, but was is the PrintScreen key?

On CCL website it says for ES, "If the price drops, your rate drops, guaranteed" So why do we should we even need to submit the price guarantee form? They shoud be doing it automatically. But they don't. How many people dont know that and pay more because they assume CCL means what they say.

Because there's no business/company out there in the world that will proactively monitor and look for ways to lower their revenue/profits :rolleyes:

Because if they tried that, they'll be out of business already.

I get a screen capture of WHERE I saw the price drop on carnival.com & email it to myself.

Just keep in mind that you don't always have to use the Control key... it will depend on the computer.

On my laptop, only the "prtsc" key needs to be pressed to capture the screen.

Personally, I open my computer's "Paint" program, paste the image there, circle my rate in red and save.

I keep the screenshots in a folder that I labeled "Cruise" on the desktop.

When they are needed, I can add them as an attachment on an email.

I just had to do this since they denied a price drop that I know I qualified for. :mad:

Either way of saving the screenshot works. Definitely good to have in case you get a denial.

Sorry, but I don't agree totally. On our last cruise, Dream in Feb, we had an 8D cabin and there were none left. A few days before our cruise, I guess some people moved to higher priced cabins so two cabins in our category became available.

The price for those cabins was $200 less than what we paid, so we got the price reduction. This was only about a week or so before sailing, so keep watching. After we got the OBC, we decided to upgrade to a Spa balcony and we did that for only a few dollars. We then got a price reduction on that one too just three days before sailing. Good luck!

Yes, that is a good point...thanks for presenting that. I hadn't even thought about that! :)

I was wondering where you would see if your cabin credit was approved and how do you know when you access your booking if your travel agent submitted a form for you? I booked the early saver but my cabin category is sold out. but all the other prices dropped. so i am assuming mine would have to.

never assume anything. We booked directly with Carnival so we were able to request the price adjustment ourselves. We got an email within 24 hours of submitting the form. I would call your TA and find out if he got you the lower rate and ask for an email confirmation.

I was wondering where you would see if your cabin credit was approved and how do you know when you access your booking if your travel agent submitted a form for you? I booked the early saver but my cabin category is sold out. but all the other prices dropped. so i am assuming mine would have to.

If your cabin category sold out then you have nothing to price-match to - don't be surprised if they reject you. If Category above yours drops below your ES rate, you can upgrade AND get the fare difference. ken

Okay thanks for the info. I thought it was something you had to mail in physically, lol. Thanks!

they denied our request for credit, because our aft balcony cabin category sold out. all the other balcony cabins are $300 less than they were when we booked. It just doesnt pay to book early. I always say i

am going to wait and book but I get to anxious and can never hold off.

they denied our request for credit, because our aft balcony cabin category sold out. all the other balcony cabins are $300 less than they were when we booked. It just doesnt pay to book early. I always say i

am going to wait and book but I get to anxious and can never hold off.

They make it very clear that the price protection applies to your cabin category only. So if your category is sold out, you wouldn't qualify for a price drop. You could check into an upgrade though.

For us, so far it has always paid to book early.:) However I am not expecting any price drops for an aft wrap balcony we have booked. There are so few of them, and they all sell out pretty quick. But I knew that when I booked.

Archived