Is Freedom due for Dry Dock?

harveysnc

I am currently booked on Freedom this June with my DH. Some friends of ours have put me in charge of gathering info for a Spring Break cruise next March for about four families, maybe more. I narrowed my choices down to Glory and Freedom because of the itineraries. As I was doing some research I noticed that Glory was launched in 2003 and refurbed in 2006. However, Freedom was launched in 2007 and hasn't been refurbed yet. I got this info off of a travel website so it may be inaccurate. Where do you find the best, most accurate info like this and does anyone know when Freedom will be in Dry dock for some TLC?

You can go to cruisedeckplans.com and click on Carnival. Then select Freedom or Glory. Then select "other" and choose the fact sheet under that list. It will give you the previous dry docks as well as the dates of the next one.

However, Freedom doesn't have a date for its next one yet, but Carnival will give it the 2.0 upgrades in 2014. Glory gets the upgrades this Fall.

FYI: Freedom did get dry docked in 12/09.

You can go to cruisedeckplans.com and click on Carnival. Then select Freedom or Glory. Then select "other" and choose the fact sheet under that list. It will give you the previous dry docks as well as the dates of the next one.

However, Freedom doesn't have a date for its next one yet, but Carnival will give it the 2.0 upgrades in 2014. Glory gets the upgrades this Fall.

Wooow thanks for the info.. Im going on Mothers Day(This Year) and I will be write a review.. But I have been hearing great things about this ship *+*,

Dream: Sept 2012

Conquest: Oct 2012

Glory: Nov 2012

Maintenance Schedule

•Drydock: 11/29/09 to 12/13/09

Ship Refurbishments and Renovations

Renovations completed 12/13/09

•A Serenity Adults Only Retreat Area was added to the forward sections of Sun Deck 12 and Sky Deck 14. This will be the first "Adults Only" area for the Conquest-Class ships.

•The Drawing Room on Atlantic Deck 4 midship was replaced with a dedicated Circle "C" Young Teens Club (12-14).

•18 Family staterooms (cat 6J) on Spa Deck 11 were converted to Balcony staterooms (cat 8F).

•The Forward Dining Room was set-up for "Your Time Dining" (open seating). .

The 2.0 upgrades for the Carnival Freedom are scheduled for 2014 with no specific dates yet.

So...opinion....we only cruise about every other year....we were looking at the Freedom So. Caribbean 8 day March of 14. Would you do this or is the Freedom going to be "shabby" by then if it hasn't gotten 2.0 yet? We sailed Conquest when new and then Magic.

Archived