Does RCCL Explorer have a toddler splash zone?

foreverinmyheart

I was just reading over at the RC forum about some of the newer ships having a toddler splash zone (for those still in diapers) Does anyone know if the Explorer has this as well? And if not, would I be allowed to bring a small blow up kiddie pool (very small as to not take up a lot of space) with me to bring on deck (or maybe on my balcony?)

No, the explorer does not have a Baby Splash Zone (only Freedom and Oasis class). However, it does have a Adventure Beach children's area where you can put an inflatable pool. Just a small one should do. We have enough threads around here talking about inflatables - just put it in the search :)

A "duck tub" is what most folks bring. For very young kids, that's more than enough "splash room"....they aren't actually 'swimming'!

Empty into a floor drain or shower. I would think a public deck would be much easier to empty than on your balcony....you'll have to carry the tub/water to your shower thru your cabin....spills are likely!

Just a warning about the duck tub. I started that craze years ago on this board because it doubles as a bath tub for those who don't have suite accommodations, (JS and above on RCI), however, when my girls were little they loved the Duck tub. I received it as a shower gift for my oldest and they were used to seeing it around our home. The duck quacks when you squeeze it's bill. Anyway, since I first wrote about it, some come back to say that their infants loved it, others were terrified of it ;) So I guess what I am saying is it was a good idea at the time but your miles may vary :)

Archived