Balconies

marpratt

you don't HAVE TOO... we just stuck the door stopper for the hallway door in it and it worked like a charm to keep it open...

how does that work when the balcony door sits a few inches off the floor.

I did it one time using a towel over the top of the door. Condensation built up quickly in the cabin and everything felt wet.

Please do remember that air conditioning turns off when the door is left open.

Okay please don't abuse this because energy is life. but you can use your table from outside or a smallish suitcase to prop the door open, bring a magnet to put on the door sensor so the ac doesn't turn off. just don't forget it is all open when you are sleeping to the waves at night :-)

You put the door stopper in the door jamb about half way up and it works great.

In our balcony, my sister and I had a little one to worry about and this worked great. On our wedding cruise with my DH the last night of the cruise we turned out the air and opened that door with furniture and it rocked!!! Until zero dark the next day when we had to disembark :-)

It sure helps. But remember the AC shuts off when the door is opened

Not on all Carnival ships. Of the ships that we've sailed on, none of the A/Cs turned off when we opened the door. If I'm not mistaken, only the Spirit class ships have that feature.

Probably a dumb question, but can you accidentally lock yourself out if you shut the balcony door? Also, can you hear inside your room (like if a baby was crying) without the door open? We plan on using our balcony while baby naps and I would prefer not to let hot, sticky, buggy air into our room, but want to be able to hear my baby if she cries. And I don't want to get locked out there :eek:

Probably a dumb question, but can you accidentally lock yourself out if you shut the balcony door? Also, can you hear inside your room (like if a baby was crying) without the door open? We plan on using our balcony while baby naps and I would prefer not to let hot, sticky, buggy air into our room, but want to be able to hear my baby if she cries. And I don't want to get locked out there :eek:

It depends on the ship I guess. I was happy to see that the doors on the dream couldnt be locked and then closed. For some reason I see myself being locked out by myself, if it were possible :o In regards to hearing, we missed room service once because we were out on our balcony. We made sure not to do THAT twice :eek:. The nice lady who redelivered our cookies got a nice tip :D

no, the door can not lock while you are on the balcony. (But do leave the snoozin sign on the door so the steward doesnt come in while you are out there.)

there is a latch on the top of the door that needs to be slide into place to lock the door.

(I do not think you will be able to hear baby cry with the door closed. (I know i couldnt even hear the tv. (battery operated baby monitor?

walkie talkies???

Archived