Got the upsell call!!!

2Cruise4Ever

I have yet to see any upsell that is worth anything. The "upgrade fairy" was significant. The "upsell fairy" is nothing to get excited about.

Sour grapes???? I was quite satisfied with our upsell to the DOS! But then I don't expect everything for nothing.

I have yet to see any upsell that is worth anything. The "upgrade fairy" was significant. The "upsell fairy" is nothing to get excited about.

Really???? When the offer to move up 5 categories at a 75% lower price .... I'd say its something to get excited about! I guess I am easily amused :rolleyes:

Sour grapes???? I was quite satisfied with our upsell to the DOS! But then I don't expect everything for nothing.

No. The last time I received an upsell call, It wasn't much of a reduction off what I could have paid when I booked. Of course, it was a greater reduction than the current price but IMHO that doesn't count.

I also remember the "good old days" when they would actually upgrade, not upsell. At least then, you had to consider whether it was an upgrade to you not in their mind (i.e. location, whatever) but sometimes really a great deal.

True to form, the Upsell Fairy STILL exists!!! Just got the upsell call to The Haven... can't wait! The only problem is I can't seem to find pictures of our cabin... it's not the usual 2-bedroom suite... it's the smaller suite... anyone have pics???

The one bedroom is the same as the old AB but without the second small bedroom up front. Here's a link to some of our pics on the Gem. We were in a 2 bedroom Haven suite. But it will definately show you what to expect. And there are pics of the Courtyard area too.

Gem #14506 http://travel.webshots.com/album/579015786nEDQmf

True to form, the Upsell Fairy STILL exists!!! Just got the upsell call to The Haven... can't wait! The only problem is I can't seem to find pictures of our cabin... it's not the usual 2-bedroom suite... it's the smaller suite... anyone have pics???

Super jealous :D Congrats! I hope you have a great time.

Archived