Which better for kids? Maya chan or tropicante?

Familycruisers20

We have aalmost 5 yr old and a 10 yr old that will be with us, and possibly their cousins all around same age and parents. Does anyone have an opinion on which of the 2 places might suit us more? Some of the adults might have a drink or so, so I hesitate to pay for maya chan (I assume that it is the same price for kids as adults), none of us will drink much. But is the Tropicante family friendly?

Thanks!

We loved Maya Chan when we were there last year. There was plenty to do "if" you wanted to. They had sand toys for my little one to dig in the sand. They had bikes to ride and do a "tour" if you wanted. They have glass bottom canoes to ride. Sand golf games with a "winner" each time. They provide snorkeling equipment and take you out snorkeling. You have a private area just for your family with a bed, chairs and so on. The food is AMAZING. All the drinks you could want (both alcohol and virgin drinks along with sodas). You get free internet and they provide a computer if you want to check in at home. They also have a webcam you can stand in front of and they will take a screen shot for everyone at home to see. :)

Here's a link to my review there that day: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30654861&postcount=12

I haven't been to the other two mentioned, so can't comment on them. However, I am looking for another place to go on our upcoming cruise back to Costa Maya.

I hear/read that Tropicante is very crowded.

I've been looking in to Nohoch Kay and there is a new place called Almaplena which looks wonderful as well. :)

Here is a link to the Maya Chan website...full of info with pricing, pictures, activities offered and it's all included in the price.

http://www.costamayabeachresort.com/

There is also a web cam there you can check it out. A lot of people watch it on here and you'll see them post "another wedding at Maya Chan today". :D

We are like you, we don't drink and the kids like a nice beach to play. We went to Tropicante, although there were other people on the beach we didn't feel over-run and had a nice day. There were places where you could rent water toys, jet ski or go for boat rides, but we just played in the water and the sand. The whole day, with taxis, cost us about $60 USD.

I looked into Maya Chan, but the all inclusive just didn't work for us.

Archived