site that reviews online travel agencies?

bethaniesmom

don't really know where to post this but my next cruise is Celebrity so I will try here. Is there a site that reviews online travel agencies? I got an email today with a nice promotion...not one that was too good to be true, but one that was different from others I have seen. But it is with an online agency that I don't know, although I have seen them in the past, and I would like to know more about them. In fact, we normally book thru the cruiselines, but as I said before this is a different offer than I have seen before. Just curious.

Beverly

I booked with an ON-LINE agency that I actually saw here on CC, and I too posed questions about their validity. They had a great deal on a 13 day TA cruise, airfare home from Rome, 2 nights hotel and transfers, but not unbelievable, just a good deal. I went ahead and booked as I have had success in the past as well with other on-line companies. Haven't sailed yet, but everything is booked as promised. Just be careful, if it seems to good to be true...it probably is!

They can throw in perks the cruiseline cannot(will not) do.

I use 3 different ones. You can find easy with a google search.

Never had a problem & YES YOU CAN TALK TO A PERSON BEFORE HITTING THAT PURCHASE BUTTON. Some people think you do not get personnal help if you want clarification. I always call to review with a person before I purchase

Here is why I think it is safe....

You always get an email confirmation that day. If not I would be on the phone immediately to cancel !

Anyway, on that confirmation should be your booking number. I immediately call the cruiseline using that booking number to confirm all the info...cabin number, etc.

Never had a problem. If I did I would call my credit card company right away to protest the charge.

I would say if you do not get a booking number within one day or cannot confirm your payment went to the cruiseline, not the agent, do not wait to protest.

We cruise 3 times a year.....never had a problem...get great perks..

my favorite is paid gratuities, followed by onboard credit, spa services, specialty restaurants, etc.

Few notes:

There are thousand and thousands of TA's. Real ones. Big ones. Single person ones.

I think reviews are generally made by unhappy people vs happy people. Just the way it is.

Google is probably your best bet to see if they are an ongoing scam vs a real TA.

thanks everyone for your responses. i have checked on google and everything I find on this particular agency looks good. looks like I will be booking again, as soon as i make that final decision on when I want to go! so much going on right now, but I really need a vacation too!

Beverly

Archived