MDR Seating - Which do you prefer and why?

MDR Seating, which do you prefer?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. MDR Seating, which do you prefer?

• Just your family/cruising group
    • Random people you don't know
    • Doesn't matter to me

A few cruises ago, we had the displeasure of sitting with a family who seemed nice at first, but in line with current disturbing trends, the kids were rowdy and the parents did nothing about it. When I asked them to tell their son to stop tugging at my wife's arm, their completely irresponsible response to get angry and have an attitude of "how dare you." That was on night 1, and we switched to MTD for the remainder of that cruise. We have eaten MTD ever since.

I've met some great people on my cruises, many of which I still keep in contact with. However, I don't know if people are getting worse or I'm getting less tolerant....maybe a little of both, but ,well, I'll leave it at that....

Taking a cruise is totally about my family and me. I have no desire to share one of the highlights of the day with anyone else. I guess I can understand how someone would want to meet new people if the people/person you are with is boring, but dinner is the BEST time to connect with those you want to be with.

If I want to meet new people I will strike up a conversation at the pool or some other time, but not at dinner.

i think taking a cruise is still about my family and me. this is our first cruise with my brother and his fiancee, and i've been stressing how we DO NOT need to be together all the time. but i've been excited about our ressies in mdr just because we get to interact with other people. it's not because my dh is boring or we don't have things to talk about - i get to talk to him all the time. we spend the whole day together on a cruise. and i've learned some of my best cruise tips over dinner. last cruise we were sat with a young couple from boston who were red sox fans... dh is a yankees fan. we still had an excellent time every night.

i'm the complete opposite - i'd probably hate if someone started yapping at me if i was lounging around the pool or on the beach! although as someone else mentioned, just no kids. that's my only request as far as sitting with strangers.

We like to do MTD. We have been on many wonderful cruises and met some great friends when we had traditional dining. On the other hand, we have also had some awful table mates. So with MTD, we will do both - some nights just us and some nights a bigger table.

That provides up with the perfect mix!

Archived