Dreams Resort

cruisinlawn

We were there last week. We had 9 in our taxi so it was $6 pp each way. We had a great day. When we first got there, there were no lounge chairs available anywhere. We found an employee and asked them to bring chairs. It took a bit but we got them and they brought out a lot more! A bar server immediatly came up and took our drink order and kept checking back with us. The teens with us wandered a bit and ended up in a dance class that they said was a lot of fun.

Definitely go down the beach a bit to get away from the crowd. We sat near the pool with the swim up bar.

It was getting ready to rain just about lunch time so we headed to the big covered buffet area. The food looked great but didn't taste so good. I'd been much happier with something from the grill on the beach. The sun came back out so we went back to our chairs. Unfortunately it started raining again. There's a covered eating area that backs up to the swim up bar. We put our bags on top where we could see them and spent the rest of the day in the pool. It rained off and on and all the guests were inside so we basically had the place to ourselves. Ended up being a great day!

I think we were allowed to eat wherever. We ended up at the to get out of the rain. We were not given wrist bands or anything so I'm not sure they would know if we were staying there or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify, does the $60 include all your can drink alcoholic beverages? Is it just beer? If so, what kinds do they have? Do they have Coke/Pepsi products?

Considering this for our group of 8....

Thanks!

Shawn

It includes all beverages. Mixed drinks were good and served in a drink of the day type glass. They had beer but I don't remember if it was Presidente or another one, definitely not an American selection. They also had soda that I think was a brand other than Pepsi or Coke. Sorry...got my money's worth out of the beverages so the details are a bit fuzzy :D

Just checked my facebook pictures and had one of the bar. The beer was Presidente draft and served in a plastic pilsner type glasses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello,

I am very interested in going to this resort in Nov. Could anyone be so kind to let me know how i go about making reservations?

Send an e-mail to this address: info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

Let them know that you are asking about day passes and give them the ship name, date of your cruise stop and number of passes needed.

We loved this resort, it has something for everyone. :)

• 1 month later...

We went to Dreams a couple years ago on Carnival's first ship that started this itinerary again and LOVED it. We are heading back again next year and have already sent an email requesting day pass info.

When we went they allowed us to join in with all the scheduled activities on the beach. We ate in the sit down resturant and found the food there to be very good. Drinks were really good too :) Looking forward to experiencing more of this resort next year :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Valor the August 18, 2012 sailing & had planned for the last 8 months of going to Dreams. I was so looking forward to it. When we went to hail a taxi to take us there, they wanted $25.00 per person each way. Unfortunately there was only my boyfriend and myself, which means it would have cost us $100.00 to and from, the resort was only $60.00 per person. We could not justify the expense for a 4 hour trip so we decided to just stay by the ship. Whats funny is they had a round trip rate of $120.00 if you asked the same cabbie to pick you up. There was no negotiating & there was no other method of transportation. However, if you had a group that was going you could have gotten a van & it would have been cheaper. We did not know of anyone going other than ourselves. We asked on the ship why so expensive & was told that the Cabbie would rather stay close and do multiple runs making more money than a distance run as its about a half an hour. Maybe next time, it may be worth it to post in advance and see if anyone on your cruise will be going & you can share the van expenses, I wish I would have done that. Hope this helps someone else.

I was on the Valor the August 18, 2012 sailing & had planned for the last 8 months of going to Dreams. I was so looking forward to it. When we went to hail a taxi to take us there, they wanted $25.00 per person each way. Unfortunately there was only my boyfriend and myself, which means it would have cost us $100.00 to and from, the resort was only $60.00 per person. We could not justify the expense for a 4 hour trip so we decided to just stay by the ship. Whats funny is they had a round trip rate of $120.00 if you asked the same cabbie to pick you up. There was no negotiating & there was no other method of transportation. However, if you had a group that was going you could have gotten a van & it would have been cheaper. We did not know of anyone going other than ourselves. We asked on the ship why so expensive & was told that the Cabbie would rather stay close and do multiple runs making more money than a distance run as its about a half an hour. Maybe next time, it may be worth it to post in advance and see if anyone on your cruise will be going & you can share the van expenses, I wish I would have done that. Hope this helps someone else.

I think there must have been a misunderstanding with round trips vs one way (lost in translation?!)

US$100 round trip for 2 people from the port to Dreams La Romana is ridiculous. It is less than an 18 minute ride. That sort of price will take you to Punta Cana airport 70km away!!

The authorised port taxis ie Taxi Casa de Campo, (the ones inside the port car park) charge for a shared taxi/minivan (4 to 9 passengers) US$15 per person round trip from port to Dreams or Bayahibe village/beach.

So for only 2 people US$25 per person round trip is reasonable (ie. total 50 bucks).

All taxis should carry a rates card with prices clearly defined. There is always the opportunity to bargain with them but their prices are generally fixed.

Of course you may have been unlucky and talked to an unscrupulous driver who was trying to take advantage of you. Where exactly did you find the taxi was it inside the port car park or outside?

• 1 month later...

Lifesabeach123. We are coming in on the Carnival Breeze from 9-4 on Tuesday January 8th. Looking for a good beach with chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, and food/drink. Would like sports as well (banana boats, etc). Is Dreams what we are looking for? The place looks nice with the beach and pools. Any other suggestions? We have a party of 9 (7 over 21, 2 are 19 years old). Is the drinking age 21? Sorry for so many questions but we are trying to figure out if it is worth it to do the all inclusive for the day or just get a taxi to a nice beach and pay as we go.

I don't remember them having watersports. Not sure what the official drinking age is but they did serve our 16 year old daughter with our permission although they wouldn't let her order any of the drinks with multiple liquors.

Lifesabeach123. We are coming in on the Carnival Breeze from 9-4 on Tuesday January 8th. Looking for a good beach with chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, and food/drink. Would like sports as well (banana boats, etc). Is Dreams what we are looking for? The place looks nice with the beach and pools. Any other suggestions? We have a party of 9 (7 over 21, 2 are 19 years old). Is the drinking age 21? Sorry for so many questions but we are trying to figure out if it is worth it to do the all inclusive for the day or just get a taxi to a nice beach and pay as we go.

Dreams would suit your needs. They have free kayaks and hobbie cats and a banana boat (at extra charge). Early January is high season so expect the resort to be crowded. Not sure of the legal drinking age but the 19 year olds shouldn't have a problem if they drink responsibly. You will need to contact Dreams for a day pass and organise your own transportation there.

There are taxis at the port. They should be charging between 10 to 15 US dollars per person round trip for a group of 9. You pay them on the return trip.

Also, I believe there is now a booth at the port selling tickets to Playa Minitas beach inside Casa de Campo. Sorry I don't know what they are charging or what their package includes. Playa Minitas is a private beach with high standards of amenities and prices to match. I am not sure if they have banana boat rides there or if they charge for kayaks etc.

Dreams is 15 minute taxi ride from port, Playa Minitas about 10.

Archived