Booking on eclipse same type of rooms now cheaper???

Newbi

Hi I've made a booking on eclipse (through a ta) for later this year and only paid the requested deposit to secure the booking - final payment only due later this year. But when I checked the website now - the same rooms are cheaper at the moment - is it still possible to get the room at the lower price???

thanks for the feedback - I will do this - In your experience does the prices cont to drop??

Make sure you call your TA ASAP. Those prices can change on a daily basis. Sometimes they will continue to drop (in which case, if it's before final payment, you just call your TA again and have them reprice you...you don't have to actually rebook...they just adjust your price and generate a new invoice reflecting the lower price).

When we originally booked our Silhouette cruise, the prices dropped a couple of months later, so our price was readjusted. But then the prices jumped significantly. The other thing to keep an eye out for is sometimes a higher category will be priced lower or equal to what you are already paying for a lower category. In that case, if it's before final payment, just rebook (i.e., balcony cabins going for the same price or almost equal to the price of an oceanview cabin).

Jo-Ann

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

We are due final payment on 12th May and our cruise price (guarantee Aqua class for August 4th sailing) has dropped a lot. Neither my TA or Celebrity will grant this reduction either by price adjustment or OBC?

The young lady at Celebrity was quite categoric in saying that they do allow price adjustments on SOME CRUISES but not all?

When I quoted Cruise Critic statements she said that they were misleading and that definately even if a cruise price was reduced a client would NOT automatically be granted that reduction either before or after final payment?

We have only cruised Celebrity once before (four years ago) and booked when the TA assured us that if the price went down we would get the reduced price and it did and we did!

Why has Celebrity changed this now?

We could cancel and re-book but would lose the pre-paid gratuities and OBC and also the good cabin we were allocated a few days after booking.

It seems we are all a little confused by Celebrities inconsistencies! And why do they have premium rate telephone numbers?! I waited 56 minutes one time before giving up - not a great way to create customer satisfaction!

We had a similar situation on our March Eclipse cruise...prices dropped after final payment. Our TA could not give OCB or a reduction but we were upgraded to Concierge at no additional cost. They should be able to upgrade you if better cabins are available at the price you paid.

ann135,

Your situation might be different from US or Canadian bookings through a US TA /.

Here in US I always got a price reduction if price went down before final payment was due.

Azulann is right, in the US (and Canada), you get the price drops before Final Payment, just so they are not New Bookings Only price drops. I've seen on many UK-related posts/threads that isn't true for the UK. That statement is based on reading posts here, not direct knowledge.

It isn't Celebrity, but I won't speculate on what is the rationale for the UK. I know the UK has other good deals and protections we in the US don't have, but this isn't one of them.

Den

We in the UK always think that the US gets much better deals and pricing than we do but it seems on our particular itinerary we have a better deal.

It would be nice if there was a universal pricing system with the same offers and perks available to all of us so that none of us ever ended up feeling slightly cheated!

We are due final payment on 12th May and our cruise price (guarantee Aqua class for August 4th sailing) has dropped a lot. Neither my TA or Celebrity will grant this reduction either by price adjustment or OBC?

The young lady at Celebrity was quite categoric in saying that they do allow price adjustments on SOME CRUISES but not all?

When I quoted Cruise Critic statements she said that they were misleading and that definately even if a cruise price was reduced a client would NOT automatically be granted that reduction either before or after final payment?

We have only cruised Celebrity once before (four years ago) and booked when the TA assured us that if the price went down we would get the reduced price and it did and we did!

Why has Celebrity changed this now?

I suspect the reason you didn't get a drop was because you booked a guarantee cabin - I have seen other posts where price drops were not honoured in this situation. I just wish they would have a clear, consistent policy so that we all knew where we stood when booking.

I am in the UK and booked our July Silhouette cruise direct with Celebrity, using a FCB from a previous cruise. We have had 2 big price drops honoured ..well over £1000 savings, so i would maybe try again ..a different agent may just say something different.

I am in the UK and booked our July Silhouette cruise direct with Celebrity, using a FCB from a previous cruise. We have had 2 big price drops honoured ..well over £1000 savings, so i would maybe try again ..a different agent may just say something different.

We booked with a TA and we have had 1 price drop honoured in the UK - this is unusual as normally though a TA in the UK you don't. A second drop happened and we were told that it would not be honoured.

Booking with celebrity direct from the UK seems to be the only way to get the price drops guaranteed

I would agree. We booked with a TA and got the drop honoured but I felt they were reluctant and in future we will only book with Celebrity direct. For the first time ever we don't have a cruise booked for next summer ( we usually book when they are released). When you compare the prices for next summer they are much higher than this year and even booking through Celebrity I don't feel 100% certain that any drop will be honoured. We will keep watching and probably book next spring when no doubt the prices will drop. If Celebrity were more consistent and clear in their policy I would feel happier booking but until that happens we will hold back from booking early again.

Archived