P&O Prices 2013

Wavebreakers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have booked Ventura christmas 2013 cruise N331. I found something really strange to happen. I tried to book for this coming christmas around 8 months ago but the prices were double than book price. I asked my TA to contact me as soon as the sale for next years cruise, came available. He telephoned me and I told I wanted 2 balcony cabins, preferably C deck. He booked my appointment for 27th April. All was fine and book price and internet price both stated 2,229.00 pp for balcony cabin. On the 26th I was looked on the P7O website and found that it stated alot of balcony cabins were already fuuly booked and prices stated 1,861.00 pp on balcony cabins. I contacted my TA and voiced my concerns about balconies being fully booked and about the difference in price as I had been quoted book price. He assured me there was a mistake on the internet.

The following day myself and my daughter went to see the TA . My price had gone down slighty from book price but no where near the amount the internet were then showing. He said this was a mistake of P&O. I had no choice but to believe him and continued to book as I had waited long enough to book a festive cruise. Everytime he entered a cabin number , they were booked, right up until Lido deck which is where we will now be. £150 OBC was given pp. Happy with the Lido deck but amazed that the day the sale went on that it seemed all balconies were already booked and didn't get much discount, from the book price, even though the internet stated alot cheaper.

Sherri

I am sure others have reported this before. It seems they restrict bookings for all cabin types to channel people into selected cabin grades. They then release other grades or cabin numbers in stages. Because a cabin is not available does not mean it is booked, just not released at that time.

Archived