Oh man! Hope Carnival is paying attention....

happy cruzin

I would be devastated if that happened to me!

I would too.

Hopefully all of the CC folks will post about this on John's blog and his FB page and on the Carnival forum so that they are aware.

I'm sure that there are a lot of people who had already booked the Destiny for a time period that is now after it's change over and haven't looked at the side by side deck plans that someone posted.

hopefully carnival is smart and do not renumber all of the cabins

And if they do, hopefully they will notify those that have already reserved specific cabins of the renumbering, and NOT foul up like RCL did.

I would be devastated if that happened to me!

Devastated would be an understatement! I would be mad enough to punch Godzilla in the nose!

lol

They won't care because it doesn't affect the bottom line. The cruiseline will still sail full and if Jack and Jill whine and say they're going elsewhere, there's John and Jane to take their place.

On the RCCL/CCL/NCL ships, passengers and ships are like commodity, interchangeable and cruiseline is indifferent to who's in the cabin. There's not much choice at the low end of the market... like complaining about quality at dollarama..they don't care.

If I booked a cabin almost a year in advance and had already paid in full I would be spitting nails. They had a deal with that person first and it should be honored! :mad:

Hopefully Carnival will take note and not do the same.

I'd be very mad!

If I booked a cabin almost a year in advance and had already paid in full I would be spitting nails. They had a deal with that person first and it should be honored! :mad:

Hopefully Carnival will take note and not do the same.

Exactly!! :(

Since the deck plans for the Neo-Destiny are already available it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Not a problem any way because they are all new bookings.

But....in my opinion.....the passengers should NOT be the ones to figure it out. You'd think someone would have figured it out and notified those effected :rolleyes:...

Unfortunately...this reminds me of the mess I was involved in - back in 2009 when the Dream launched and the aft wraps on Deck 8 were NOT wraps - because the divider have been installed in the wrong place!! :eek: :mad:

Here is the thread that documents that whole debackle...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1065513

I usually don't book very far in advance, maybe a month or two out. If I had booked a year in advance for a desirable cabin, I would be very angry. I would definitely use it to get me some OBC, or an upgrade. However, it's in the contract, and they can do as they please. If they want to show customer service, they will offer you something to show there wrong doing.

I usually don't book very far in advance, maybe a month or two out. If I had booked a year in advance for a desirable cabin, I would be very angry. I would definitely use it to get me some OBC, or an upgrade. However, it's in the contract, and they can do as they please. If they want to show customer service, they will offer you something to show there wrong doing.

Didn't work that way when DH and I upgraded to a suite - when we found out about the divider on the Dream :eek:.

Unfortunately, many times RCCL only things of money. Guests are often after-thoughts. Look at the Diamond cruisers debacle. Look at the ship that sailed early because of the port of San Juan or wherever cruising and leaving so many behind.

They do things first and IF, and I say IF there is a big enough uproar, action MAY be taken to make them look a bit better and ease their guilty consciences. I don't know that there are enough people who are unhappy for them to care that they knowingly moved people to get more money from others.

There seem to be more and more reasons for experienced RCCL cruisers to look for other lines for sailing.

Unfortunately, many times RCCL only things of money. Guests are often after-thoughts. Look at the Diamond cruisers debacle. Look at the ship that sailed early because of the port of San Juan or wherever cruising and leaving so many behind.

They do things first and IF, and I say IF there is a big enough uproar, action MAY be taken to make them look a bit better and ease their guilty consciences. I don't know that there are enough people who are unhappy for them to care that they knowingly moved people to get more money from others.

There seem to be more and more reasons for experienced RCCL cruisers to look for other lines for sailing.

Not sure that applys to just RCCL :o......

WOW! I'd be furious. What happens when/if these people run into each other considering they're still by each other? If I was the person who took the cabin knowing there was someone originally booked there and wanted it back due this frenzy, I'd have a guilty conscience the whole trip. What an unfortunate situation.

Archived