onboard credit certificates

sportsmum

I am really confused and need someone to type slowly and use small words, please!

We bought FCC on our last Celebrity cruise. 4 of them. We have recently booked 2 cabins (one adult with FCC in each with one child) and were told by a, new to us, online TA that we could not use them with the early booking credit that Celebrity offered. Since that credit was $250 and the FCC was $200 it was a no brainer.

I read in an email from Celebrity that the early booking credit is combainable with one other offer. I sent that to the TA today and asked her to please check into this. Yes, she said, we can use your Celebrity Passages.

Question 1 : Is Celebrity Passages what they call Future Cruise Credits on Celebrity? I don't see it written that way on the certificate.

TA told me I had to transfer my booking to their agency. I don't understand that since I am already booked with their agency ??? So I emailed her back and said such. She said, they have our bookings but not our Passages numbers.

Question 2 : Wouldn't they just phone it into Celebrity? I told her I didn't care about any reduced deposit, just the extra $200 cabin credit.

Question 3: If what the TA is saying makes sense to anyone could you please explain it to stupid me?

Thanks!

I think your TA is confused:D:D The number shown on your Open Passages Certificate IS your booking number. If you want to book a cruise with your TA you have to book it with your Passages # as that booking # has all the OBC is attached to it. The Passages has to be tsf first to your TA then he can book the cruise. (or you could have booked direct with Celebrity and then tsfd it to your choice of TA's within 30 days. He may have to cxl the first 2 and give your deposit back. You should not have to pay a deposit to your TA as that is included in your Open Passages. Call the Passages Desk if you have any concerns @ 1-888-727-4906

Sportsmum:

FCC is the same thing as Celebrity Passages.

If I understand your post, you chose to book thru the TA but not use the FCC because of the higher OBC offered for booking early. In order to get the OBC from the FCC, you have to book using that booking number. I believe that the TA intends to cancel the previous booking (or perhaps they can just transfer it to the FCC booking number) and rebook using the FCC, making you eligible for both the early booking OBC and the FCC OBC.

Hope that helps.

I am really confused and need someone to type slowly and use small words, please!

We bought FCC on our last Celebrity cruise. 4 of them. We have recently booked 2 cabins (one adult with FCC in each with one child) and were told by a, new to us, online TA that we could not use them with the early booking credit that Celebrity offered. Since that credit was $250 and the FCC was $200 it was a no brainer.

I read in an email from Celebrity that the early booking credit is combainable with one other offer. I sent that to the TA today and asked her to please check into this. Yes, she said, we can use your Celebrity Passages.

Question 1 : Is Celebrity Passages what they call Future Cruise Credits on Celebrity? I don't see it written that way on the certificate.

TA told me I had to transfer my booking to their agency. I don't understand that since I am already booked with their agency ??? So I emailed her back and said such. She said, they have our bookings but not our Passages numbers.

Question 2 : Wouldn't they just phone it into Celebrity? I told her I didn't care about any reduced deposit, just the extra $200 cabin credit.

Question 3: If what the TA is saying makes sense to anyone could you please explain it to stupid me?

Thanks!

I am running into something similar, i am being told by my online TA that they would give me $300 obc, all of a sudden when i call to book they want the full deposit $450-100 = 350 x 4 (2 persons x 2 cruises) I thought that the passages WAS your deposit plus you get an OBC with it, in addition to what your TA gives you. if I dont want to pay the extra $350 each for the deposit, then I will only get $200 obc from my TA, they say that its because of a group booking?

I'm looking at my actual certificate right now. The front of it says OPEN PASSAGES.

Inside is what they call a Confirmation number which is the number that Celebrity will use as a booking number when I use the certificate. It then states the Deposit Paid: $100 and lists the various OBC's offered.

I can see the confusion because on the back the 2nd line of the fine print states: Maximum ONE onboard credit per stateroom can be applied to an Open Passage account/booking. (The capitalization of ONE is verbatim, not my addition.) The 3rd sentence states: Open Passages is not combinable with discount offers.

Partway down it states: Captain's Club plus shareholder onboard credits and other onboard credits or dollars off promotions are not combinable with the onboard credit for booking an Open Passage or any other future cruise onboard.

Kind of an Is it/ isn't it combinable proposition.

I am running into something similar, i am being told by my online TA that they would give me $300 obc, all of a sudden when i call to book they want the full deposit $450-100 = 350 x 4 (2 persons x 2 cruises) I thought that the passages WAS your deposit plus you get an OBC with it, in addition to what your TA gives you. if I dont want to pay the extra $350 each for the deposit, then I will only get $200 obc from my TA, they say that its because of a group booking?

If your TA puts you in a group you have to pay the full deposit. I tell my TA to give me OBC and when near final pay't I check and see if the group is still open and jump in then. We book our cruises quite far out and usually on board and I don't want all that deposit money out there for 1-2 years.

I'm looking at my actual certificate right now. The front of it says OPEN PASSAGES.

Inside is what they call a Confirmation number which is the number that Celebrity will use as a booking number when I use the certificate. It then states the Deposit Paid: $100 and lists the various OBC's offered.

I can see the confusion because on the back the 2nd line of the fine print states: Maximum ONE onboard credit per stateroom can be applied to an Open Passage account/booking. (The capitalization of ONE is verbatim, not my addition.) The 3rd sentence states: Open Passages is not combinable with discount offers.

Partway down it states: Captain's Club plus shareholder onboard credits and other onboard credits or dollars off promotions are not combinable with the onboard credit for booking an Open Passage or any other future cruise onboard.

Kind of an Is it/ isn't it combinable proposition.

EXCEPT that the current early booking offer for Captain's Club members specifically states that the OBC associated with this offer CAN be combined with Passages Certs. It's a great deal and we jumped on it. And we got both kinds of OBC for each cruise booked.

EXCEPT that the current early booking offer for Captain's Club members specifically states that the OBC associated with this offer CAN be combined with Passages Certs. It's a great deal and we jumped on it. And we got both kinds of OBC for each cruise booked.
Do you know if it further combines with any OBC the TA might offer? This would be Captain's Club credit + Passages credit + TA booking OBC = one super deal! We'll be Infinity next week and I can't wait to shop for next year's vacation.

With your help and the TA explaining it a thousand ways, By Jove, I think I've got it!

When you buy it on board you are given a booking number, not just a certificate to use in the future (like the other ships I have them for). To use it, like posted above, you have to transfer that booking number to your TA.

It is, for us, $200 per cabin. After the flying emails and questions yesterday I didn't ask if the $100 was being applied and the $450 returned and frankly, I don't care. They can just adjust the $100 X2 on the final bill.

Yes, the early booking is combinable with one other Celebrity offer (today. tomorrow may be different!) and TA credits are in there too. Prepaid graturites and another TA CC per cabin for us. Smokin' deal!

Thanks so much for your help.

We booked our next Celebrity cruise for April 2013 in Aqua Class - 10 night Ultimate Caribbean while we were on board last week. I called the Captains Club yesterday to see if we were eligible for the addition on-board credit and were told no. Any thoughts? I thought you could combine both offers.

What OBC do you have on your booking now? You should have rec'd $200 for booking onboard (Passages) and $250 for the Captain's Club new deployment promotion. Call the Passages Desk at 1-888-727-4906 if you have any questions:)

Thank you for the phone number and the suggestion to call. I called and was told that my sailing is eligible but she doubts they will give it to me since I booked April 8th and that was two days before it was released? I asked her to check with a supervisor. After being on hold for around 10 minutes she came back and told me that she put a note on my reservation but couldn't promise me anything. What is it with them? So I asked her how will I know and she said it "might" show up. Now I'm really confused. Wanda

I wonder if you might cancel and rebook? Or transfer to a TA who would accomodate this? Other than that I personally would ask to speak to the supervisor myself (and theirs if I am still unsatisfied). That usually gets them moving!

I wonder if you might cancel and rebook? Or transfer to a TA who would accomodate this? Other than that I personally would ask to speak to the supervisor myself (and theirs if I am still unsatisfied). That usually gets them moving!

Do not cancel as you will lose on board booking OBC and any category upgrades you received.

Archived