Catholic Mass - LeHavre

LAC2

We arrive in Le Havre on Sunday 11/4/12 on the Grand Princess at 7am. We are booked on an all day private excursion to the American D-Day beaches, etc. Does anyone know how I can find out if there are any evening Masses and where in Le Havre? I've tried "Googling" and even received a very nice note from the Le Havre Tourism Center, but the link they sent took me to an all French site. I appreciate their attempt at helping me, but I, unfortunately, do not recall as much of my High School French as I should.

Don't know if they even have evening Mass in France. Our ship leaves port at 8pm. What church would be closest to the port?

Thank you for any help.

We arrive in Le Havre on Sunday 11/4/12 on the Grand Princess at 7am. We are booked on an all day private excursion to the American D-Day beaches, etc. Does anyone know how I can find out if there are any evening Masses and where in Le Havre?

I have found this website :

http://egliseinfo.catholique.fr/#!horaires:ville%20Havre

It's in French as well but I think it's pretty straightforward.

Samedi = Saturday

Dimanche = Sunday

If you click on "Aide à la recherche" (=search help) you can input a particular date by clicking on "date particuliere". I tried to search for your date of interest but it seems that details are not available for this date. Usually the Mass calendar is release in September, so you might want to check at a later date.

However, masses in France are usually on Sunday morning. By looking at some dates in April and May I find only one evening Mass on Sunday (6.30pm), at Church Saint François (which actually seems close to the port area :

http://egliseinfo.catholique.fr/#!a-proximite:49.476996:0.1639479

and it doesn't seem to run every Sunday.

Hope this helps.

Try using Google Translate. It isn't perfect, but you can copy the section of a French website you think has the information you need and put it in the box on the left side of Google Translate. It will show the English translation on the right.

http://translate.google.com/#

I had to do this for churches in Paris that I was looking at as well. Thank goodness I did because one mass was held at the chapel down the street! I never would have found that one.

Archived