Back from the Dawn Today!

2boyzmom

What can I say- another amazing cruise. Just returnded from the 10 night caribbean sailing. I just love the Dawn and the staff. We were in a DOS cabin 12000. 2 bedroom configuration with all the over the top suite perks. I loved the reserved show seats which is only available for owners suite and garden villas. We met some wonderful passengers which made the trip great! We have 2 kids age 10 and 12 and they LOVED the kids club since there were only 150 kids on board considering it was easter break. This is the benefit of a cruise longer than 7 days. Food was good in the main dining room but we mainly ate at the specialty restaurants and Cagneys for lunch on sea days.This was the last trip for the Dawn before heading to Boston-Bermuda trips. Any questions?

Is Second City on the Dawn? I was looking on the NCL web site and they showed Second City under the Dawn's entertainment, however in the little add they mentioned the EPIC. A little confused as to if they are there or if this was an "add" for the EPIC. (Did see second city on the EPIC and enjoyed their shows)

Is Second City on the Dawn? I was looking on the NCL web site and they showed Second City under the Dawn's entertainment, however in the little add they mentioned the EPIC. A little confused as to if they are there or if this was an "add" for the EPIC. (Did see second city on the EPIC and enjoyed their shows)

Yes- second city did a few shows.

We also just ended a cruise on the Dawn on March 30th, which I had booked in March of 2011. Loved the ship, the ports, the entertainment and "Patti & Jose". The 10 day itinerary was a nice change from our usual 7 day cruises. Really, really enjoyed this ship. :D But sad it went by so fast.:(

We also just ended a cruise on the Dawn on March 30th, which I had booked in March of 2011. Loved the ship, the ports, the entertainment and "Patti & Jose". The 10 day itinerary was a nice change from our usual 7 day cruises. Really, really enjoyed this ship. :D But sad it went by so fast.:(

Patti and Jose are our favorites- especially the Neil Diamond show....

Patti and Jose are our favorites- especially the Neil Diamond show....

Spent that day, relaxing on the pool deck... until 1:30. Then I headed to our room for a quick shower and change of clothes and off to the Neil Diamond show I went which started at 3:00. DH liked their music but didn't want to get out of the sun.... so I went alone. The show was packed!! Enjoyed it immensely!!! After the show, back to the room... quick change back into swimsuit and back on deck to join DH for a "cold one". What a wonderful way to spend my 52nd birthday "day"!!! Happy B to me!!:p

• 2 months later...

Quick question.... did you find your master bedroom got too hot with all the sun entering the windows?

I booked the DOS beside yours (12002 one bedrm) on the Dawn for a Sept Bermuda sailing which has even MORE windows!

It did seem to some that they had to close the curtains to cool down the room (shame to lose the view). Curious about your take on this. TKS.

Oh and glad you took the upsell....that was a great price. Unfortunately...I really wanted this room and I am a coward to risk losing it..so I have plunked down some serious $. Figure, if the prices come down (assuming the others remain unsold) then I will ask for some consideration in maybe some spa treatments, restaurant vouchers etc...

meanwhile....glad to hear you had an awesome trip!

smiles, Diane

Quick question.... did you find your master bedroom got too hot with all the sun entering the windows?

I booked the DOS beside yours (12002 one bedrm) on the Dawn for a Sept Bermuda sailing which has even MORE windows!

It did seem to some that they had to close the curtains to cool down the room (shame to lose the view). Curious about your take on this. TKS.

Oh and glad you took the upsell....that was a great price. Unfortunately...I really wanted this room and I am a coward to risk losing it..so I have plunked down some serious $. Figure, if the prices come down (assuming the others remain unsold) then I will ask for some consideration in maybe some spa treatments, restaurant vouchers etc...

meanwhile....glad to hear you had an awesome trip!

smiles, Diane

We were in 12002 on this same cruise with 2boyzmom and I can confirm that this DOS was HOT HOT HOT!

We had a thermometer on our travel clock and the room was a constant 85 degrees:eek:

We informed the Concierge about the issue and the maintenance guy said they fixed the problem, NOT.

We contacted the Hotel Director and he sent someone else up to the cabin. My DH had to "force" the maintenance guy to open the air ducts manually…it helped some…the room would get down to 72 degrees.

We invited the Concierge and Hotel Director up to the cabin to see for themselves how hot it was and it was interesting to see the actually sweating during the visit.

We were told it was a design flaw when they converted the rooms from the old Spinnaker Lounge. It was a known problem prior to our booking. The HD said they did all they could do, apologized and said there was nothing else he could do, as the ship was full and no other cabins were available to move us. He sent up a fan for the bedroom. He also said he would inform corporate, but we have never heard back for any compensation he inferred.

The only way we would book this room again would be on a cold climate cruise.

To pay the extra $$ for the wonderful view and then have to keep the drapes closed is WRONG!

We are loyal NCL cruisers, as you can see by my signature, and we will continue to cruise exclusively with NCL, but NOT in another DOS in the converted Spinnaker Lounge:)

*Adding a side note, that several of the large front windows were cracked and fogged so the view was impaired which added to the insult of a high priced DOS.

ouch 85* would not be comfortable for me. I can deal with 72* lets hope your DH has made it better for the rest of us....and by Sept 2013, they have dealt with it properly! I sure LOVE the wall of windows....but if I have to keep them constantly closed, would change what I expected from this room. Guess it is perfect for a cold climate cruise like Alaska! Just imagine those views! Wow!

take care....Diane

Archived