Princess Skagway Tour

donaldsc

I have booked the following Princess tour in spite of the fact that I almost never take ship tours

"In Depth: Rail,Summit,Gold Panning & Gourmet Lunch

SGY250A | Skagway, Alaska"

The reason that I did it is that I am doing this trip with my granddaughter and I promised her gold panning. I could not find any independent tours that had gold panning. Yes - I know that the whole panning bit is totally faked but she wants to do it and how do you turn down your 10 year old grandaughter? Are there any other gold panning options in Skagway? What about Juneau or Ketchikan?

Another possibility is to do our gold panning in the vicinity of Anchorage. Any thoughts on that idea.

DON

This includes Liarsville, which is hokey but enjoyed by many. It is a recreated gold camp with usually well acted staff. Your grandaughter will most likely really like it.

There is gold pannng at Caribou Crossing which I have been informed is or will be sold shortly. You would need a car rental or a tour that includes a stop there.

Archived