best dinner on carnival?

thefog

If you mean the best entree' - I'd have to say Beef Wellington. Lobster would be second, followed by Chilean Sea Bass. Long Island Duckling was very good. Ooooo, just too many to choose.:)

If you mean the best entree' - I'd have to say Beef Wellington. Lobster would be second, followed by Chilean Sea Bass. Long Island Duckling was very good. Ooooo, just too many to choose.:)

The Long Island Roast Duckling is near the top of my list - but the best meal was definitely in the supper club:

Beef Carpaccio

Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese on Marinated Mache Lettuce

----------------------------------

Baby Leaf Spinach and Fresh Oyster Mushrooms

With Blue Cheese, Warm Bacon Dressing

Grilled Lamp Chops

Double-Cut Lamp Chops Served on Five Bean Cassoulet and Rosemary Jus

Yukon Gold mashed potatoes with wasabi horseradish

...heading back for MORE in a few weeks!!!

Tom

The lamb is devine.

The broiled lobster tail is good, but anyone from New England or the Canadian Maritimes won't be impressed.

I am from New England but I have to say I really enjoyed the lobster served on the ship. It is different than Maine lobster but good in it's own right. I do think that the Maine lobster is better but I just enjoyed the warm water lobster for what it is.

Tony.

The lamb is devine.

The broiled lobster tail is good, but anyone from New England or the Canadian Maritimes won't be impressed.

Hey Duck. I know what you mean. I'm originally from New Orleans, and when I hear folks talk about the gumbo, I just CRINGE. They have no idea how gumbo is supposed to taste.:D I've tried it a coupla times, but no thank you.

I always get triple escargots~:)

As do I.... for that and GRAVLAKS (Thinly Sliced Norwegian Fjord Salmon Cured with Dill and Brandy Presented with a Sour Cream Mustard Sauce) ! :D

I did not see gravlaks on the Miracle menu - so I am opting for the supper club for all nights (Lido on 1st and last nights).... OK, so that is not the only reason, but it is one of the reasons (like NO DANCING WAITERS:rolleyes: , etc...)...

Tom

Can't think of a best entree right now but without a doubt, the most incredible dessert is the Grand Marinier Souffle with the vanilla sauce. OMG that is good!

You had to remind me - I had just about gotten over my withdrawl symptoms! That dessert is out of this world! I wish I had ordered several (dozen) :D

Can't think of a best entree right now but without a doubt, the most incredible dessert is the Grand Marinier Souffle with the vanilla sauce. OMG that is good!

Way to go steve you're causing major PCD with that post.

I am from New England but I have to say I really enjoyed the lobster served on the ship. It is different than Maine lobster but good in it's own right. I do think that the Maine lobster is better but I just enjoyed the warm water lobster for what it is.

Tony.

I know this is off topic, but if any of you ever find yourself on Prince Edward Island either by Cruise of Land Vacation, you absoultly have to take a trip to New Glascow (prettiest place on the planet).

First stop at the PEI Preserve Company http://www.preservecompany.com/ get some Strawberry & Grand Marnier or Raspberries and Champagne Jam.

Next head over to http://www.peilobstersuppers.com/ and enjoy a unique lobster dinning experience.

And I'm not even from their.

My fave was the entire meal in the supper club!!! Lobster Bisque, Crab Cake, Surf and Turf... YUM!!! As for the dining room, have to give it to the Pumpkin Soup, the steaks are always good, The Pork Loiny Choppy thing and the Seafood thingie combo... Sorry, never pay attention to the names :p

Beef Wellington, lamb, some surprisingly excellent pastas, several different preparations of fish. Sushi and escargots wouldn't be entrees, but these were great as well. On the Conquest, they offered something called "Essence of Japan"--4 or 5 small servings of Japanese-style dishes served as one entree, and it was actually very good. (I mentioned that it looked interesting as I ordered something else, and our waiter Sunny magically made one appear for me. Partners in crime! Isn't it great to be a little experimental, at no extra charge? :) )

Archived