Cancellation Policy

rayandshirl

We have reservations for the Venetian Passage in October and are considering staying home with the European fiscal crisis. How do you find out about cancelling a cruise and keeping your deposit. We are on the Star Princess next week and are upset about the fishing boat incident as well. It is too late to cancel that cruise.:(

Next week is not cancellable unless you have cancel for any reason insurance, well you could cancel but will lose 100% of your money. As far as the fishing boat issue goes, I would hold judgement (see the related thread).

For october, you are well outside the final window and can cancel with no loss of deposit from Princess (your TA may have fees). However, there's not really a European crisis. There's a GREEK crisis, but that is actually in US passengers favor as far as exchange rate right now....

We have reservations for the Venetian Passage in October and are considering staying home with the European fiscal crisis. How do you find out about cancelling a cruise and keeping your deposit. We are on the Star Princess next week and are upset about the fishing boat incident as well. It is too late to cancel that cruise.:(

We have reservations for the Venetian Passage in October and are considering staying home with the European fiscal crisis.

As Loonbeam states, the major crisis has been with Greece which, hopefully, is behind us. Other European countries are having issues, although not as severe as Greece...this week it's Spain, but it's nothing that you'll notice as a visitor.

If the crisis is your only reason for considering a cancellation, I'd suggest you reconsider. We did the Venice to Ft. Lauderdale TA in 2010 and had a fantastic time. We'll be doing it again this year.

Hope you decide to go...

Lew

I assume you are experiencing financial difficulties and I'm very sorry if you are in this situation. You wouldn't be reacting to news stories about fiscal issues happening in Greece or the media sensationalism and rush to judgment regarding the Star because that doesn't make sense. I was on the Star Princess at that time and it's inconceivable that Captain Perrin wouldn't respond to a call for help. FYI, here's the official Princess statement regarding that incident. http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na1230

As for the Princess cancelation policy, you can cancel any cruise before final payment and receive your deposit back unless it's a special promotion. For the Star cruise, if you need that money rather than cruising, the standard Princess cancelation policy applies unless you have insurance.

Archived