What do you use?

NurseBPS

Those of you who decorate your door what do you use to stick your items to the door? The things we have bought to decorate with are not heavy so I think tape would work but I am afraid it will mess up the door. We tried some of that mounting putty that teachers use and it really didn't stick well. (we tried it on our fridge). Any help you guys have would be appreciated!

We have decorated our door twice now and both time used the Ticky-Tacky adhesive for poster boards. It is sold in small bars that look like erasers; you just pull off a small piece and roll it around in your fiingers to warm it up, then stick it behind what you want to attach to the door and press down. You can find it in most craft stores around the poster boards area. It not only works great but also comes off very clean and easy. On our Legend cruise, on cabin neighbors were attempting to use tape on their door and the stward told them it was a no-no. Not sure of the rules and such but tape is kind of frowned upon due to the mess that is sometimes left behind.

Have Fun.

We've never done it before but are doing it on this cruise. We're fairly sure from these boards that magnets will work, so that's our plan, but we are bringing that putty stuff as a backup. I was going to offer to let you know when we get back but looks like you're going before me, so maybe you can let me know :)

I use the double sided tape that comes on a package with the window film you put over your windows in the winter. It works great and comes off VERY easy. I have tried the blue or yellow "putty" stuff and it didn't work at all. As for tape being frowned upon... I think it is depends. On the cruises I have been on EVERYONE decorates their doors (and I mean everyone). If you couldn't use tape I am sure their would be many decorations on the floor. My guess is as long as it peels off and doesn't leave any "film" behind you are good.

We have decorated our door twice now and both time used the Ticky-Tacky adhesive for poster boards. It is sold in small bars that look like erasers; you just pull off a small piece and roll it around in your fiingers to warm it up, then stick it behind what you want to attach to the door and press down. You can find it in most craft stores around the poster boards area. It not only works great but also comes off very clean and easy. On our Legend cruise, on cabin neighbors were attempting to use tape on their door and the stward told them it was a no-no. Not sure of the rules and such but tape is kind of frowned upon due to the mess that is sometimes left behind.

Have Fun.

I think that is similar to something we bought at staples but maybe I will try another brand. This was the staples brand. It does look like erasers and we broke it off and it said to knead it until sticky but really didn't do much!

I use the double sided tape that comes on a package with the window film you put over your windows in the winter. It works great and comes off VERY easy. I have tried the blue or yellow "putty" stuff and it didn't work at all. As for tape being frowned upon... I think it is depends. On the cruises I have been on EVERYONE decorates their doors (and I mean everyone). If you couldn't use tape I am sure their would be many decorations on the floor. My guess is as long as it peels off and doesn't leave any "film" behind you are good.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look around and see if I can find some of that!

Nurse...try to ignore certain people that have snarky comments..all they want is a reaction..

You'll find if you 'click on' the offending person's posts (history) you'll find that that seems to be a hobby of there's.

That said...the tacky stuff probably works pretty well..doesn't leave a mess. We don't decorate our door often unless we're on with a group that needs to easily identify our door...

Happy Cruising!

Those of you who decorate your door what do you use to stick your items to the door? The things we have bought to decorate with are not heavy so I think tape would work but I am afraid it will mess up the door. We tried some of that mounting putty that teachers use and it really didn't stick well. (we tried it on our fridge). Any help you guys have would be appreciated!

We always decorate our doors... Our kids love it and we get a ton of compliments on it :) I use the green sticky bar like stuff that "hoosier couple" is talking about. Cheap and holds everything just fine. Never had a problem with it. Have a great time

We always decorate our doors... Our kids love it and we get a ton of compliments on it :) I use the green sticky bar like stuff that "hoosier couple" is talking about. Cheap and holds everything just fine. Never had a problem with it. Have a great time

I decorated my door for the first time this last cruise. We used the same sticky bar stuff. We also used it to stick extra dollars for our steward onto the mirror.

Some doors are not magnetic (Fantasy is not) so bringing back up putty is a good idea. Ours stayed stuck the entire cruise.

It took about 5 minutes to do, it made me happy and then we were off to lido deck to make tons of life long friends. :p

Blue or green Painters masking tape (not regular it has to be the blue or green) is what we used and it does not leave any mess and will not peel any thing either) and we really did a number on our friends door with a sign.

we couldn't get magnets to stick on our door on the Sensation ... hmmm

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am going to go in search today of the perfect adhesive devise but now I have lots of good ideas! This will be our first time decorating our cruise and we are just doing it because we want to! Thanks and happy cruising to all!

I've decortated my door on The Spirit and The Miracle. I used clear packing tape. I tried Scotch Tape and it wasn't strong enough. I bought the thin cardboard fish that you can get at party stores. I had no problems with the packing tape coming off and I always have the tape incase my luggage tries to explode! :p

Archived