Soda cards-how do they charge

Nana257

When you buy a soda card, I understand that it is better to wait until we are at sea before buying because of taxes. Do they charge per day? For instance, we are going on a 7 day cruise but if we wait and buy the card on the 2nd or 3rd day at sea, will the card be cheaper?

Yes - to both.

If you wait until after sail away - you will not have to pay the taxes. But - for us in the big picture - not worth waiting. Especially if you would want a soda or two during that first day. You'll pay more for the soda than the taxes on the card.

It is "by the day" - but I think they stop selling the card the second day on a a 7 day sailing.

The Bottomless Bubbles program can be bought on embarkation day and day 1 (on the first day after embarkation the card will be a bit cheaper), but after that, it can't be bought anymore. You pay the price for the card at once.

• 1 month later...
Yes - to both.

If you wait until after sail away - you will not have to pay the taxes. But - for us in the big picture - not worth waiting. Especially if you would want a soda or two during that first day. You'll pay more for the soda than the taxes on the card.

Good point. I love my DC and I plan to buy the card as soon as I'm aboard. If I have soda I will buy fewer alcoholic drinks - not only will I save money, but I really need to limit my alcohol intake for health reasons.

Archived