Quick dinning question

We leave Monday on the Monarch. We did the My Time Dinning and selected the 6:45 time. We've cruised carnival a couple times before and have done the anytime dinning. I don't understand why we had to choose a time if it is my time? Anyways, if we can't make it at that time, will we be allowed to go at a different time? Thanks in advance!!

We leave Monday on the Monarch. We did the My Time Dinning and selected the 6:45 time. We've cruised carnival a couple times before and have done the anytime dinning. I don't understand why we had to choose a time if it is my time? Anyways, if we can't make it at that time, will we be allowed to go at a different time? Thanks in advance!!

You don't HAVE TO choose a time. It is an option but not a requirement. When we select My Time Dining, more often than not we simply go to the main dining room at whatever time we wish to eat and we rarely have a wait of more than a few minutes. Suggesting that you make an advance reservation may make things easier for the restaurant staff to plan their evening, but unless you want a particular team of servers who might otherwise be unavailable if you arrive at random times, you aren't obligated to make advance reservations.

We rarely, if ever, make reservations. That is the beauty of MTD. We go when we feel like it. If we have to wait a bit, so what! The only time I make reservations is on like Oasis, as we have shows scheduled and I need to make sure we eat in time to make the shows. On other cruises, NEVER! We head to MTD when we want to eat.

Don't let anyone tell you that you have to make reservations. only once in all of our cruises have we had to wait, and then it was for about 10 minutes.

Enjoy your cruise and MTD - we will never go back to set dining, MTD is wonderful

just imagine if everyone chose the same time.

Well, unlikely, but they'd make it work. Dinner would be hours long, though.

You don't HAVE TO choose a time. It is an option but not a requirement... you aren't obligated to make advance reservations.

Completely true. I'm sad that passengers are being pressured to choose a time. On our last cruise right at the pier, there was a table set up for MTD and he desperately wanted us to book a time. We flat out said No, that's not what we want (nicely, of course). No problem. :)

Archived