Enchanment 4/16-We deserved better!!!!

why is it that people don't realize that this can happen on any cruiseline. We sailed NCL Majesty and they also had engine problems. We missed being in Key West at Sunset and also the Caymans. We received $75.00 per cabin for the inconvenience. so $200 was pretty fair in my humble opinion.

One has to wonder why a person has to bring up an old post that is two years old. Must be a boring day for someone!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Just for grins I went to see what page this would have been on - somewhere around 1201. :eek: Goodness, I rarely go to page 2. :o

Okay, I guess this means I'm having a boring day too. :p

First of all I know all about the language contained in the RCL brochure. As a customer you always bear that risk, but there are certain things not controlable (ie weather) BUT having sound equipment is the responsibility of RCL. They failed in that responsibility and the passengers paid the price. Also if the there was a safety issue, we should have been taken off the ship. The possibility of another port was something brought up by their crew not our idea. Technically the Enchanment was off the coast of Miami before Midnight if not sooner, the rush to get back was for concern of futures voyages not that the one sailing. Their marketing people will tell you that one of the key reasons passengers pick cruises is the ports of call, If you miss a port because of their problems, yes everyone should be issued a refund. A $200 on board credit to passengers who were delayed in getting to one distatination and deferred from another is an insult. I still feel that if you pay more, then your refund should be proportionate.

So let me get this straight...its all or nothing with you?

Perhaps the crew should have been given oars and rowed the ship back home from Grand Caymans?

Lighten up.......could be worse....ship could have sank!!!!!

That is disappointing. But safety first. There must have been a reason the captain felt it safest to return to port. I don't know how to drive a ship....I guess I'd have to defer to their judgement.(same with airline piots....I give them the benefit of the doubt since I can't take over the controls and do it myself! :p ) I like sea days though...the unhurried, lay around all day kind of thing. That was nice of them to give a stateroom credit. I don't think I've ever heard of that for missing a port call. I think misses happen pretty frequently.

We sailed Mariner 3x's last year..did not make Coco but once. No compensation. Was scheduled to go to Haiti... unrest there and felt it was unsafe. No compensation. It clearly states that they can deviate from the itinerary. Why should you be compensated. Pity you that you couldn't find something to do do occupy your time at sea.

Re-do your math, it was $200 per room not person. Some staterooms had 4 people in them, $50 a person now that is worth it......

Customer Service is every cruise line responsibility. If I screw up with something on my clients, I pay they dont. Here we paid. That $200 PER ROOM was an insult, they had a captive client who could do nothing but return the money back to them over 3 days.

The analogy regarding the flat tire is a good one. I have had plenty of flat tires, and dead batteries, but guess what I footed the bill, not the passenger i took.

Want to afford a suite, start thinking customer first, it works. You will get there.

Taken over a dozen cruises, but what does that have to do with it. Have two recourses, one never sail RCL again, and two, make sure I let it known to others what I think of RCL.

Didnt know their was a senority level you had to reach to post on here.

I also notice you only have 4 posts on cruise critic? So...where have you been all this time?

I would be interested to hear from other cruisers that were on this ship for this cruise......anyone?

What???? I lost my way halfway thru this post. I am not sure what this person got or what they did not get. Very confusing. I also like how this person just joined today to put a complaint on. :)

While I am a "newer" joiner/poster. I really bothers me everytime that someone gets slammed because they just joined. We all have to start somewhere/sometime. It's unfortunate he didn't have one positive comment to make first, before his second post of a negative. I guess that's an unwritten rule.

I don't agree with his rationale. However I think he's entitled to post regardless of what number it is.

I also notice you only have 4 posts on cruise critic? So...where have you been all this time?

I would be interested to hear from other cruisers that were on this ship for this cruise......anyone?

This thread is over 2 years old.......and that is when the poster did all 4 of his posts......

why is it that people don't realize that this can happen on any cruiseline. We sailed NCL Majesty and they also had engine problems. We missed being in Key West at Sunset and also the Caymans. We received $75.00 per cabin for the inconvenience. so $200 was pretty fair in my humble opinion.

Not to change the subject of missed ports, but compensation comment I'd like to add. We were on the 4th voyage of one of HAL's ships. It was clear that after getting settled, they were still working on stuff. Our cabin was extremley hot.. like marginal air conditioning. Our friend's cabin was just right. We called the purser, they sent someone to look at it. They said that was the best they could do. We thanks them said ok., end of discussion. The last night of the trip our cabin steward knocks and hands an envelope. We open it and inside is an apology and a CHECK, I want to say $200 bucks maybe more it's been awhile. We were floored over. HAD NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE GETTING COMPENSATION for anything.

So, the moral of the story after 23 cruises >>>> happens. Do the best you can with what is dealt to you, and when good things come your way, say THANK YOU.

Re-do your math, it was $200 per room not person. Some staterooms had 4 people in them, $50 a person now that is worth it......

Customer Service is every cruise line responsibility. If I screw up with something on my clients, I pay they dont. Here we paid. That $200 PER ROOM was an insult, they had a captive client who could do nothing but return the money back to them over 3 days.

The analogy regarding the flat tire is a good one. I have had plenty of flat tires, and dead batteries, but guess what I footed the bill, not the passenger i took.

Want to afford a suite, start thinking customer first, it works. You will get there.

Taken over a dozen cruises, but what does that have to do with it. Have two recourses, one never sail RCL again, and two, make sure I let it known to others what I think of RCL.

Ok, I try to remain neutral here, but you stated above the flat tire or dead battery, you paid not the passenger.... well that passenger was trapped with you while you either fixed the flat tire or dead battery and what did you compensate the passenger for their inconvenience :mad:

Also, there are plenty of activities on the ship that do not cost you anything additional to do. The only things that require that you spend money on is alcohol or gambling, and that would have been your choice not RCCL forcing you to open you wallet. I meet alot of people that think the world owes them a living, I quess now it's RCCL also:mad:

I started reading the posts with interest, and it wasn't until page 3 when I noticed the date! I guess I'm one of the dumb ones. Can I be compensated for my time reading part of the old thread, after all, I could have spent more time on current threads. P.S. I jumped to last page.:o

Gah! I just read the whole thread, not noticing the dates. Oh well.

One thing I will add, is that this is a cruise critic forum... not a cruise haters forum. People here like to cruise. People like certain lines here.

So, a poster shares a negative opinion. Yes, people will probably jump on him, calling him a troll or bashing what they posted. But I think that is expected.

Would you go on a Gay/Lesbian board bashing that lifestyle? Would you go to the Muslim section of a Religion board bashing Islam?

You'd better believe people are going to attack your negative post!

By the way, the domain name www.cruisehaters.com is available for purchase.... for any of the whiners and complainers....

First of all, for someone who has taken over a dozen cruises, you would think you'd refer to the cabin as a cabin, not a room. And if there was engine trouble and the captain felt it necessary to return to port instead of making call he WAS watching out for the customers FIRST, their safety. There is plenty to do on a cruise ship that cost nothing. Go swimming, lay out in the sun, get a book from the library, play trivia games in the schooner bar, climb the rock wall... plenty to do that does not require spending ONE cent. If you picked a destination for the sole reason of the cruise, maybe you need to do a land vacation to that destination. Just hope that the airlines don't have engine problems ;)

TWO YEARS.

APRIL 2005

MAY 2005

JUNE 2005

JULY 2005

AUGUST 2005

SEPTEMBER 2005

OCTOBER 2005

NOVEMBER 2005

DECEMBER 2005

JANUARY 2006

FEBRUARY 2006

MARCH 2006

APRIL 2006 (Happy Birthday, Thread!)

MAY 2006

JUNE 2006

JULY 2006

AUGUST 2006

SEPTEMBER 2006

OCTOBER 2006

NOVEMBER 2006

DECEMBER 2006

JANUARY 2007

FEBRUARY 2007

MARCH 2007

APRIL 2007 (Happy Birthday again, Thread!)

MAY 2007

JUNE 2007

You think thats gonna help,Carol??:p

One has to wonder why a person has to bring up an old post that is two years old. Must be a boring day for someone!!!!!!

This thread is over 2 years old.......and that is when the poster did all 4 of his posts......

PS. This thread is two years old

###

4. He is probably related the lady who spilled hot coffee on herself and then sued McDonalds for the coffee being too hot!

Donna

Donna the lady who spilled hot coffee from Mcdonalds is a real case and a real issue. third degree burns from 190 degree coffee when other restraunts serve coffee at about 140. to compair this case with the Mcdonalds is a joke!

Archived