If you book an early saver

Jenna1983

but at the initial time of booking you only put in one person, will they charge you $50 to change the reservation when you add an additional individual at a later date?

In my eight cruises I've never used early saver and the wording on the website seems to not indicate adding someone.

but at the initial time of booking you only put in one person, will they charge you $50 to change the reservation when you add an additional individual at a later date?

In my eight cruises I've never used early saver and the wording on the website seems to not indicate adding someone.

According to my PVP, when you booked solo ES rate, you paid the single supplement (200%). When the second person fills the other bed and pays their deposit, they refund back to you the supplement. You are not changing your reservation, you're just paying for an empty bed anymore.

We just did this because we did not know who the other person was going to be. You put the deposit down for one person ($250). Then when you add the second person, the fare does I not change. You will need to put the additional $250 deposit down. The only additional fees will be taxes and port charges (and gratuities if you at prepaying)

We just did this because we did not know who the other person was going to be. You put the deposit down for one person ($250). Then when you add the second person, the fare does I not change. You will need to put the additional $250 deposit down. The only additional fees will be taxes and port charges (and gratuities if you at prepaying)

Thanks! This is how it was for the past guest rate but I just wanted to make sure for early saver!

No, that is not a change that will cause an extra fee.

I just did it, too. I booked a 1A on the Glory Sept 3 2012 about a year ago. My friend decided he wanted to come. They raised the price of the room, he paid an extra $143 to come. They said it was because the cost of the cruise had increased. We just did this. The room had been paid in full previously. Also, when I booked initially, my insurance was about 2x what the two in a cabin would pay because the cost of the insurance is based on the cost of the cruise. When he booked, my insurance stayed the same, and his was what it would be for a 2 person booking.

port charges are embedded in the cruise fare, and are NOT a part of the add on taxes and fees, which is the only additional amount paid when you add the 2nd person.

If you are solo, you pay 200% so you are paying double port fees.

I had booked early Saver. This is the breakdown of the new fare with my friend added:

Me Cruise Fare $329.00 Govt Fees/Taxes & Other Charges: $136.44 Total: $465.44

His cruise Fare $329.00 Govt Fees/Taxes & Other Charges: $143.94 Total: $472.94

Total (2) Guests: $658.00 Govt Fees/Taxes & Other Charges:$280.38 Total: $938.38

He was charged taxes and paid more than I did!

I just did this exact thing...3 times :D for one booking.

I am plan-ahead-Sally and wanted to book as soon as I knew that I could go. So, I booked solo into a quad room under the early saver rate. A few weeks later I was ready to add one friend. No fee for doing so. A month later I added the second friend under early saver. No fee. A week later, I added the last person.

Keep in mind that if Early saver is no longer offered for your cruise, the other passenger(s) will be added under the lowest current rate that they are eligible for.

I had booked early Saver. This is the breakdown of the new fare with my friend added:

Me Cruise Fare $329.00 Govt Fees/Taxes & Other Charges: $136.44 Total: $465.44

His cruise Fare $329.00 Govt Fees/Taxes & Other Charges: $143.94 Total: $472.94

Total (2) Guests: $658.00 Govt Fees/Taxes & Other Charges:$280.38 Total: $938.38

He was charged taxes and paid more than I did!

The cost went up because the taxes went up. He booked at the same fare as you, just got hit with higher taxes. I just submitted an ES prove match of $40 cheaper for my cabin, but th taxes went up $32 more for my cabin, so I only netted $8 for my price drop. It was a bummer. They explained thT the fare is protected for the taxes aren't.

I'm guessing your original price was $658 fare plus $136 taxes. So add another person and split the $658 into $329 each, but then you have to add his taxes on top, because those are paid per physical body, not by cabin.

Once a cabin is paid in full, the cost for the 'cabin' does not change (it is locked in at that rate.

I didn't realize that. So if I had already been paid in full, then my price job would have been straight OBC? Good to know for future!

My understanding is that if you cancel a cruise rather than refunding your deposit, they will apply it to another cruise minus a $50 cancellation fee. If you bring someone else on the cruise that you switched your deposit to, that person would just pay their deposit when he books his cruise. He didn't cancel and would not be rquired to pay the $50 fee. The cruise fare will change depending on the cruise you choose and how many of you share a cabin. I personaly find the early saver as the best deal. Just keep a constant watch on the price of the cruise fare. It constantly fluctuates so when the price drops to a lower price than when you booked it, make a phone call to Carnival or your travel agent and have the lower price locked in. The fare could drop 2-3 times before you sail and they are required to give you the lowest price until the day before you cruise. I have had a cruise a few years ago drop $500 p.p. and this latest cruise set for July has had a price drop 3 times already and are currently savin $550 per person. You need to do your own detectve work by keeping a constant eye on the fare, Carnival and your travel agent won't do it for you.I could book right from Carnival but use a travel agent for the perks he gives. Only one other of his clients besides myself keep a close eye on the pricing. Most people book and that's what they pay. We all need to be savy shoppers. Our money is better off in our pocket than theirs. HAPPY CRUISING ALL !!!!!!

I was wondering, if we paid most of the cruise off before the deadline and then had to cancel, do we get our money back minus the deposit which is used for another cruise for the cost of $50 each.? THanks for your replies.:)

Archived