Fun Saver Question

Herbaltees

When you book under fun saver, when is your cabin actually assigned to you?

I'm looking at booking another cruise and wonder what are the chances of getting a higher cat room for less $$ if I book under Fun Select.

What has been your exp. with this booking type?

*Typo, I meant Fun Select*

I have booked a guaranteed room twice once in 07' booked OV guarantee and got a OV room midship on main deck on sensation.

The second time I booked guaranteed room was last month on Fascination. Booked about 49 or so days out and was assigned at 20' Something days away to an OV midship on upper deck. So the 2 times I have booked this way I have gotten a somewhat "upgrade". I was hoping I would have got bumped to balcony but no such luck. But both ships I booked was the fantasy class where balconies are somewhat rare compared to OV. Where on the bigger ships it's the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at booking another cruise and wonder what are the chances of getting a higher cat room for less $$ if I book under Fun Select.

What has been your exp. with this booking type?

*Typo, I meant Fun Select*

Fun Saver is gtys.

Fun Select, you select your cabin, so you would not have much if any chance of a free upgrade.

I have been upgraded a few decks a couple of times lately with gtys, not hardly before.

Never upgraded out of my cabin type, though I got Lido deck with inside gtys the last two times. Before that I was on the bottom two decks a lot. I would hope they take into consideration if you are platinum, but not much sign they look and no one can tell you when your cabin will be assigned. Its pot luck .. can be any time... right up until you board the ship.

I have booked a guaranteed room twice once in 07' booked OV guarantee and got a OV room midship on main deck on sensation.

The second time I booked guaranteed room was last month on Fascination. Booked about 49 or so days out and was assigned at 20' Something days away to an OV midship on upper deck. So the 2 times I have booked this way I have gotten a somewhat "upgrade". I was hoping I would have got bumped to balcony but no such luck. But both ships I booked was the fantasy class where balconies are somewhat rare compared to OV. Where on the bigger ships it's the opposite.

So rare, NONE of the Fantasy class ships were built with balcony category (true suites have balconys). In recent years, 4 of the Fantasy class ships had balconys added. They converted some OVs and hung the balconys on the outside of the ship.

You just happened to have booked a ship last month that had balconys added. (It did not have a balcony category the time in 07 you said you booked the ship, its a more recent addition).

So rare, NONE of the Fantasy class ships were built with balcony category (true suites have balconys). In recent years, 4 of the Fantasy class ships had balconys added. They converted some OVs and hung the balconys on the outside of the ship.

You just happened to have booked a ship last month that had balconys added.

I know and in 07 I was sure I wouldn't get one because the only cabins on Sensation with balconies then was suites.

So I knew that was never gonna happen. I would book Gty again if the price was right.

I know and in 07 I was sure I wouldn't get one because the only cabins on Sensation with balconies then was suites.

So I knew that was never gonna happen. I would book Gty again if the price was right.

I personally LOVE gtys, as its like Christmas, waiting for the surprise. Even if I dont get upgraded at all .. its the anticipation.

I have Fun Saver for our next cruise and today (at 33 days out) we were assigned a cabin. Typically, I have read people describe 20-30 days out as the norm.

Fun Saver is gtys.

Fun Select, you select your cabin, so you would not have much if any chance of a free upgrade.

I have been upgraded a few decks a couple of times lately with gtys, not hardly before.

Never upgraded out of my cabin type, though I got Lido deck with inside gtys the last two times. Before that I was on the bottom two decks a lot. I would hope they take into consideration if you are platinum, but not much sign they look and no one can tell you when your cabin will be assigned. Its pot luck .. can be any time... right up until you board the ship.

Yes, this is the booking type I meant to discuss.

My thought is that the GTY price is probably an average of the prices across the cats they have at that time. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Ours was assigned at 522 days out:eek::eek: Took the fun out of guessing if we were going to get an upgrade.

WHat did you get vs. What you paid for? I mean did you book a balcony and just get a 7a?

How did you find out your room assignment?

Ours was assigned at 522 days out:eek::eek: Took the fun out of guessing if we were going to get an upgrade.

if your cabin was assigned you did not book the guarantee rate. The guarantee cabins are usually assigned about 30 days out.

You might want to check to see what rate you booked under.

Sometimes there are sales-- buy a certain category and get another higher one at the same price.

Did you get exactl what you paid for or were you upgraded?

WHat did you get vs. What you paid for? I mean did you book a balcony and just get a 7a?

How did you find out your room assignment?

Booked an inside guarantee got an inside guarantee on lowest deck. Room assignment is under Manage My Cruise on Carnival website.

if your cabin was assigned you did not book the guarantee rate. The guarantee cabins are usually assigned about 30 days out.

You might want to check to see what rate you booked under.

Sometimes there are sales-- buy a certain category and get another higher one at the same price.

Did you get exactl what you paid for or were you upgraded?

Definitely booked an inside guarantee. Got exactly what I booked under no upgrade. Documents show booked inside guarantee.

Archived